Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Apogee15 posted:

I still don't see how anyone could possibly get black from it. The very darkest part is just dark brownish.

Because some peoples' brains don't just see the color value of a bunch of pixels. They can infer things based on the lighting in the picture - it is clearly light reflecting off of thin black fabric that appears gold because of the lovely camera. If you look at the bottom stripes they are much closer to black.

I still have not seen a convincing argument about how people are seeing white. There is no shadow. Everything is extremely lit, and the middle part of the dress appears to be reflecting light. I don't see where this "blue shadow" is coming from. I mean yeah hypothetically there could be a blue shadow, but I don't see it, because it isn't there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Apogee15 posted:

Are you saying this happens automatically so that their brain is interpreting it as black, or are you saying they know it doesn't look black, but know it is black because of the lighting?

The former would make sense, but the latter seems dumb because we all know the dress is actually black and blue but that really isn't the point here.

All I am saying is that when I saw it, I interpreted the stripes as being black, even considering that when you look at the actual pixels they are gold. To me it just looked like thin black fabric reflecting light, causing it to appear less black. That's how I saw it before I saw the real dress and after.

As for the white, like I said, no matter what I try I can't get my brain to believe there is a shadow and interpret it as anything besides blue.

• Locked thread