Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

:frogsiren: MUSIC APPRECIATION STATION :frogsiren:

London Station - Blowup Radio

When you think of swinging sixties, then surely your mind goes to this song? No? Well, it's a good song regardless. Just the one song though, some stations only play the same thing. But wait, there's more.

London Station - Queen's Theme

:britain: Stand up and salute you slags! :britain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

God save the queen. We mean it man.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

And you completely missed the obvious Italian Job reference in the beginning. For shame.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I know, I'm upset I forgot about it during editing, but when someone's nattering in your ear it's harder to concentrate on the text.

It's alright though, lads, I've got a great idea.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Kill Frenzy Locations

Item Crate Locations

London Station - Kaleidoscope

PHWOARRRRRR, it's another station and this has a pretty good song to begin with, very short though, at only a minute, but it's a strumming song of whatever guitar that is. The second song is what you hear from the open top cars and is also a pretty good song, or maybe I've just heard it so much that I can't not like it.

London Station - Austin Allegro Chase

This is probably my favorite song in the game and perfectly encapsulates the 60s spy vibe from the Chambers missions. I love it and so should you.

Crosspeice fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 19, 2015

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I hate it when I find an LP I take a liking to when it's already many updates in. Binged my way through the GTA1 stuff over the last two days and will be moving on to the London stuff, it's been great so far.

I'm also one of those guys that played GTA1 when they were too young to exactly realize just what they were playing and instead just dicked around in the sandbox ineffectually, trying to kill people by punching them or with the pistol. I also didn't get to enjoy the awesome soundtrack - the copy I played was probably a cracked one without the CD containing the audio, and this is most definitely not a soundtrack to be missed. Four Lettered Love is my jam so much it's not even funny.

I also played GTA2 when I was fairly young on a pirated copy with the soundtrack gone and only went out to check it out thanks to this thread. Once again, great poo poo. Never played London, though I saw some pictures in a gaming magazine and thought it looked really cool. Seems I made the right call back then.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Caught up, so must be up to 8 viewers per video now?

Anyway thanks, this has been an excellent nostalgia trip so far, right down to the fact that Liberty City is where I had 80% of my fun and the second two cities just weren't as good. The original demo had a 6 minute timer on it that I played over and over again. Then someone cracked the timelimit and on the one hand it wasn't as fun, but then dicking around blowing everything up made up for it.

Also multiplayer! Never has dialing in to someone elses IP address to run around deserted cities punctuated by very brief firefights been so not worth the effort.

Learning I could play the sound track by putting my Compact Disc in to my Goodmans Compact Disc Player was ace too, particularly as I thought I was the coolest when listening to the title track.

I did at some point play 1969 but recall getting bored early on after being told to disrupt a picnic. The game is just so relentlessly grey compared to the 1st and 3rd US cities. I could see myself wasting a few hours on the original GTA again but after living in our fair capital for 10 years I fear I'd spend more time considering how geographically incorrect GTA London is...

"Errr, excuse me but I think you'll find that Bow is to the West of Mile End and in fact Camden is not locat"
:goonsay:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Then you two have arrived at the perfect time. UGGGGGGGGH.

London Station - GTA Pomp

Admittedly, this sounds very VERY similar to Austin Allegro Chase, but is a different, also good sounding song, that doesn't exactly match up with the spy theme. Close though and I love it anyway.

London Station - Radio Andorra

The sort of pop that makes you go pop. Overall, this station is... okay. Maybe I'm not a fan of the sax. But I am, maybe not this kinda sax. The second song is also... okay. Eh, maybe I don't really go pop.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

That looked like the antithesis of fun and I thought GTA 1 was stupidly hard too.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Kill Frenzy Locations

Item Crate Locations

London Station - Heavy Heavy Monster Sounds

It's a modern t'ing. And definitely sounds it... yeah. Anyway, really good first track, but to our cultured minds, modern it definitely ain't. Next up, something that gets me copyrighted, since it's actually a real song. Still a good one and I'm glad I can put it in my videos no problems.

London Station - Radio 7

It's London's day of hell, after this top record. Weird station, but I like it, the first song is pretty good. The second one, though, wouldn't look out of place in the Dance station in the base game. It's okay, but seems I'm biased towards one that kick.

And there we go, we're done. Thanks to everyone who joined me on this "Reasons Your Childhood Sucked!". GTA1 is a bad game, but it offered something that no game had really done before and it was fantastic. I really enjoyed myself (bar one specific expansion COUGH COUGH) and I hoped you did to on what may be the only GTA1 LP this forum will have. Because, again, this is a bad game. But lots of fun. They're two different things and I'm glad it got the chance to become this worldwide phenomenon so it could improve. Or will it? Find out when we do the rest of the series, over what will probably be the next ten years. But if I'm crazy enough to be doing this so many years down the line, then you're just as crazy for still watching it.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

If you're doing the rest of the series, I will be watching the poo poo out of every single video. :getin:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

GTA2 is a pretty good game, and while you can't cheese it by savestates, it did introduce Jesus.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That was... explosive potatoes?

Are we going to see a group of old men and a pogo stick?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

nielsm posted:

GTA2 is a pretty good game, and while you can't cheese it by savestates, it did introduce Jesus.
That, and you can retry missions. It's so much more playable than the original.

The missions do still get balls hard pretty drat quickly, so I never ended up finishing the game despite the improvements.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I had the most fun in GTA2 with a vehicle stats editor. loving around with all the physics numbers for various car models and then watching the game engine completely break down.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Dude, did you post the police radio from London? It absolutely creased me up once I realised they were using it as an excuse to make jokes about The Bill and Christine Keeler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ4cxRIvRb0

Suspect has shopping trolley and possible canine assistant, please report, over.

That dog was a cat! Alpha Charlie Alpha Tango!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yeah, I suppose I should, I've put a tindeck link in the OP since I didn't really have a place to put it and it isn't really a song.

Doc Morbid posted:

If you're doing the rest of the series, I will be watching the poo poo out of every single video. :getin:

Ah good, a crazy, glad to have you on the team.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
poo poo I should probably get to practicing GTA2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Definitely looking forward to GTA 2. It's such an oddball in the series, compared to later entries even weirder than the original GTA honestly. Still I have fond memories of it and it's far more playable than the original.

• Locked thread