Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Oh boy, huge nostalgia bomb here. I never got too far in the original GTA, but played the hell out of GTA2, gonna be watching this with interest.
Now as for music, San Andreas was all about Cult of Personality.
(And some seriously weird stuff on the country station but there's no need to mention that)

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Feb 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Poil posted:

I remember a Russian gang who had a fun mission involving making hot dogs. :getin:
Yeah, GTA2 was where they started to rev the humor up.

Regarding the shooting, I don't remember whether this was added in GTA2 or the first game, but it's actually much easier to aim using the pistol because your guy holds it in both hands - in the middle of your character model, as opposed to the SMG being off-center. Still, the best guns are the ones you don't have to aim at all. GTA2's lightning gun is forever engraved in my heart.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Death Zebra posted:

It's a drat shame. The PC version of GTA2 is much more fun especially if you like driving on the pavement.

Also, it would be great if the latest GTA5 brought back the rap sheet you get in GTA when you get busted. Even better if they add a prison sentence calculation and an online leaderboard.
Hell yeah. Just doing Bad poo poo and running away from police is way too fun in the first two GTA games especially given the uncontrollable fast cars; they got rid of that in the later installments and that's a drat shame; make a game about that, who can stay being a total monster for longest.
I'd play the hell out of a remastered GTA2 if they kept the "physics".

• Locked thread