Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Dip Viscous posted:

I try to be aware of my surroundings, stay out of people's way, and don't constantly plow into poo poo while walking, so my co-workers get upset and say that I "move too quietly". Do you want me to wear a loving bell?
Ha, I used to wear my keys on a belt loop while working with others behind a bar for exactly this reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I just wear corduroy pants. Everyone can hear me coming.

Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip Zip zip

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Dip Viscous posted:

I try to be aware of my surroundings, stay out of people's way, and don't constantly plow into poo poo while walking, so my co-workers get upset and say that I "move too quietly". Do you want me to wear a loving bell?

I use this skill to slowly bring them closer to the grave with each mini heart attack they get from being surprised.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Using the word “sesh” for session

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Using the word “sesh” for session

Don't talk poo poo about my sexytime sesh.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This thread is a yap sesh fr

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

lobsterminator posted:

Don't talk poo poo about my sexytime sesh.

Sexypilled seshmaxxer

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

in space he can remember it so no one has too

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

1. Repeating a rant from the GBS OSHA thread: Dickheads who can't tear themselves away from their phone for five minutes when they're driving. Either come to a complete stop somewhere and fiddle with your loving phone or put it the gently caress down and drive like a grown adult.

2. Dickheads who put everyone in danger on a two way road because they're such VIPs with so very important schedules that nobody is driving fast enough to suit them, so they cross the other lane (for traffic going the other way) like a colossal loving rear end in a top hat. No, I'm not talking about when there's a legitimately slow driver, but passing every single person who dares to be driving in front of you because you didn't grow up past the age of five. gently caress you.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

passing every single person who dares to be driving in front of you because you didn't grow up past the age of five. gently caress you.
:stare: We have our share of rear end in a top hat drivers here, but I'm happy to say I've never seen that.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Those are called ambulances OP

E: although why they’re not at the hospital is a mystery

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I am a grown adult man. A childproof cap just had me so stymied I was Googling the patent number on the bottle to make sure I wasn't missing out on some trick.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Nameless Pete posted:

I am a grown adult man. A childproof cap just had me so stymied I was Googling the patent number on the bottle to make sure I wasn't missing out on some trick.
My grown adult girlfriend makes me open Tylenol for her.

I did have to open a jar of pickles for her earlier tonight, classic.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

2. Dickheads who put everyone in danger on a two way road because they're such VIPs with so very important schedules that nobody is driving fast enough to suit them, so they cross the other lane (for traffic going the other way) like a colossal loving rear end in a top hat. No, I'm not talking about when there's a legitimately slow driver, but passing every single person who dares to be driving in front of you because you didn't grow up past the age of five. gently caress you.

You just KNOW these dickheads think that they're fantastic drivers too.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

My pet peeve is the word "populism." It seems to be entirely a tool for saying "policies people like" but in a bad way. Did we lose track of the idea that adopting policies that are broadly popular is the loving point of democracy, or did we just finally accept that the US isn't a democracy, or...?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

stringless posted:

I did have to open a jar of pickles for her earlier tonight, classic.

You mean Vlasic.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Muscle Tracer posted:

My pet peeve is the word "populism." It seems to be entirely a tool for saying "policies people like" but in a bad way.

It means valuing broad appeal over other considerations, such as whether or not the thing in question is lovely or harmful.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

How do so many youtube shorts still manage to be too loving long?

"Did you know [video title]?" followed by an overly long elaboration. One I just watched didn't use pronouns for some reason. It said the same persons name about 7 times in 40 seconds.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Muscle Tracer posted:

My pet peeve is the word "populism." It seems to be entirely a tool for saying "policies people like" but in a bad way. Did we lose track of the idea that adopting policies that are broadly popular is the loving point of democracy, or did we just finally accept that the US isn't a democracy, or...?

I always read it more as "pandering" than actual popularity.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah that's a stupid word too. Oh yeah doing something cause people like it what a crime.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
It’s deliberate and a cynical way to associate ring wing assholes with actual popularity. It’s also erasure of the very real and very cool post-civil-war Populist Party, which started as an integrated Farmer’s alliance against usury and capitalist exploitation and for fiat currency (as there wasn’t enough actual currency available, leading to abuses by those that had it) and direct election of senators. Farmers used to be radicals in the US, but that history is intentionally ignored.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmers%27_Alliance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Party_(United_States)

The Ocala Demands posted:

1: We demand the abolition of national banks.
2: We demand that the government shall establish sub-treasuries or depositories in the several states, which shall loan money direct to the people at a low rate of interest, not to exceed two per cent per annum, on non-perishable farm products, and also upon real estate, with proper limitations upon the quantity of land and amount of money.
3: We demand that the amount of the circulating medium be speedily increased to not less than $50 per capita.
4: We demand that Congress shall pass such laws as will effectually prevent the dealing in futures of all agricultural and mechanical productions; providing a stringent system of procedure in trials that will secure the prompt conviction, and imposing such penalties as shall secure the most perfect compliance with the law.
5: We condemn the silver bill recently passed by Congress, and demand in lieu thereof the free and unlimited coinage of silver.
6: We demand the passage of laws prohibiting alien ownership of land, and that Congress take prompt action to devise some plan to obtain all lands now owned by aliens and foreign syndicates; and that all lands now held by railroads and other corporations in excess of such as is actually used and needed by them be reclaimed by the government and held for actual settlers only.
7: Believing in the doctrine of equal rights to all and special privileges to none, we demand—
a: That our national legislation shall be so framed in the future as not to build up one industry at the expense of another.
b: We further demand a removal of the existing heavy tariff tax from the necessities of life that the poor of our land must have.
c: We further demand a just and equitable system of graduated tax on incomes.
d: We believe that the money of the country should be kept as much as possible in the hands of the people, and hence we demand that all national and state revenues shall be limited to the necessary expenses of the government economically and honestly administered.
e: We demand the most rigid, honest and just state and national government control and supervision of the means of public communication and transportation, and if this control and supervision does not remove the abuse now existing, we demand the government ownership of such means of communication and transportation.
f: We demand that the Congress of the United States submit an amendment to the Constitution providing for the election of United States senators by direct vote of the people of each state.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I always hate when I get a nosebleed in a public place and people start giving advice as it's always the same terrible advice, like "Lean your head back" - no, I hold it forward as otherwise I get a ton of blood running down my throat. Also it feels like it clots faster towards the front of the nostril even if it is annoying. I have had so many nosebleeds throughout my childhood that I've kind of got the hang of it.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

BioEnchanted posted:

I always hate when I get a nosebleed in a public place and people start giving advice as it's always the same terrible advice, like "Lean your head back" - no, I hold it forward as otherwise I get a ton of blood running down my throat. Also it feels like it clots faster towards the front of the nostril even if it is annoying. I have had so many nosebleeds throughout my childhood that I've kind of got the hang of it.

Nosebleeds loving suck. I got one on the second day of my new job, in a meeting with a bunch of senior internal and external people. I had to dash to the toilets and wait for it to end, and I'm pretty sure I managed to style it out but still... It sucks so much to just be sat there normally and then, oh whoops, there's blood gushing down your face, sorry about that.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

The Perfect Element posted:

Nosebleeds loving suck. I got one on the second day of my new job, in a meeting with a bunch of senior internal and external people. I had to dash to the toilets and wait for it to end, and I'm pretty sure I managed to style it out but still... It sucks so much to just be sat there normally and then, oh whoops, there's blood gushing down your face, sorry about that.

Ask your doctor about silver nitrate. No joke, lots of nose bleeds as a teenager. One uncomfortable treatment later and I haven't had a spontaneous nosebleed since.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
People saying, "I've been a loyal customer," to a brand. I think usually what they really mean is just that they haven't changed to another service provider in a while, but that term, "loyal customer" is so fuckin gross.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Wait, it's such a beautiful day outside, why don't I have my window open?

*opens window, birdsong pours in*

Oh how lovely-

*car honking wildly*
*truck backing up*
*that one dog barking*
*insanely loud pneumatic brakes*
*a siren*
*someone vacuuming a car*
*plane goes by*

Holy poo poo it's been like thirty seconds, this is one Richard Scarry rear end neighborhood

It's like going down a list of sound samples one after another

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Brawnfire posted:

Wait, it's such a beautiful day outside, why don't I have my window open?

*opens window, birdsong pours in*

Oh how lovely-

*car honking wildly*
*truck backing up*
*that one dog barking*
*insanely loud pneumatic brakes*
*a siren*
*someone vacuuming a car*
*plane goes by*

Holy poo poo it's been like thirty seconds, this is one Richard Scarry rear end neighborhood

It's like going down a list of sound samples one after another

Also a bee and 3 flies wander in and your like "Welp, now I have to handle THAT!"

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
People need to stop backing up at concerts! For fucks sake, it happens all the time.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

credburn posted:

People need to stop backing up at concerts! For fucks sake, it happens all the time.

Credburn the Concert Commissar

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Every night I go to bed in a cool room. And every night, without fail, I will wake up a few hours later drenched in sweat. I don't get it.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Every night I go to bed in a cool room. And every night, without fail, I will wake up a few hours later drenched in sweat. I don't get it.

I hate to be the one to point out the obvious answer to this problem, but clearly you are being visited by a Satan during the night. Maybe consult a priest?

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Flying an airline where everyone gets two checked bags for free and still everyone's fighting for a place to put their carry-on. Why do you need 30 pounds of poo poo for a 2 hour flight? Check that bag and get a backpack that fits under the seat. I mean, if you have a lovely boarding group it's probably going to get gate checked anyway.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Riatsala posted:

Flying an airline where everyone gets two checked bags for free and still everyone's fighting for a place to put their carry-on. Why do you need 30 pounds of poo poo for a 2 hour flight? Check that bag and get a backpack that fits under the seat. I mean, if you have a lovely boarding group it's probably going to get gate checked anyway.

It's because of all the earlier people who put their coats in the carryon zone and slammed the door on a half-full compartment.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

If your side rear-view mirror is angled so far in that I can read your lips from directly behind you, you need to angle it out more. Your center mirror is already showing you what's directly behind you, the side mirror is supposed to show you what's behind you and to the side!

Hold music shouldn't exist, and ABSOLUTELY shouldn't be interrupted every 40 seconds by a smarmy message telling me how much my time is valued and advertising some new service. These things combined make it all but impossible to do anything else for the 60-90 minutes that I am on hold, unless it requires literally zero attention at all. Just give me a low tone, or at the most something extremely slow and ambient.

Muscle Tracer has a new favorite as of 15:09 on May 2, 2024

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

A tone that gains in pitch and volume the longer you stay on hold

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Do you have a cat?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

The colder the air is, the more I sweat at night. I have to sleep in a warm room or I'll wake up freezing because I'm drenched in sweat in a cold fuckin room.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Riatsala posted:

I always end up with frontier tickets so this never happens. Checking a bag costs 50+ dollars and their size chart for carry ons are criminal.

I bring a backpack and use a space bag to turn a weeks worth of cloths into a tiny little compressed thing.

gently caress yoh frontier and your evil ways

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I've been a not-entirely-consistent vegetarian for the last few years, and for some reason in that time I have developed an intolerance to beef. Like, even trace amounts of beef or beef fat in what I eat will give me awful indigestion and stomach pain for hours afterwards.

This has led to two peeves :

1. Turns out lots of stuff is made in restaurants with beef fat (e.g. roast potatoes) that they don't tell you about, so therefore ;

2. I have to tell waiters that I can't eat beef, and this is almost always met with a funny look or a laugh because people think I'm joking and/or being weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Do you live in an area with lone star ticks?