Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

It doesn't really mean shorter lines at actual registers. I means the manager gets to shut down all but one during the day and then that one an hour before closing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Either stop letting me poke things on a page before it fully loads or remember where I was reaction clicking on the page and not where it was on the tablet screen.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

It's fun.

Also if they're edging the grass and finishing up they only need to hit spots so holding down the throttle the whole time is pointless.

If they start doing it right off they could be warming up the motor since if you start working a 2 stroke cold you can damage a piston.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Maybe if your bike had some kind of motor on it to keep up with the rest of traffic you wouldn't selfishly need three feet to yourself.

Some kind of motor bike.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Oh no motorcycles are dangerous. Just put a two stroke on the bike.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Why stop at two? They make duallys for a reason.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

My toaster stopped working so I went to take it apart to fix it. It has security screws. It's a loving $15 walmart toaster why does it have security screws?

The only reason to do this is to keep people from trying to fix things. The only thing wrong with it was the thin leaf contacts were bent a little from use and not making a connection.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

oldpainless posted:

Got a letter today from the insurance company saying the price of the 30 day anti-obesity medication is going from 65 to 525 dollars.

The general health thread was just talking about the not hungry pills.

Did they at least try to justify the insane increase or was it just gently caress you give us money?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

There was an FBI study on gunshot wounds and fatalities a couple decades ago and getting shot is surprisingly survivable.

Unless you're unlucky and they just hit an off button or no one finds you modern medicine has gunshot wounds handled.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

When I was a child every one called me Jimmy except my mom who called me poo poo head. I was told on the first day of kindergarten I got into an argument about my name with the teacher long enough that they had to call my dad in to convince me my name was actually James.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

Ahhhhh why do people do this

It's almost funny because it reveals more ignorance than ever it makes one appear insightful.

It's because they aren't actually listening to you and don't care about what you have to say.

Same thing with the super talker. They don't care who's listening because they just want a sounding board for their stream of consciousness.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Tiggum posted:

My phone (Pixel 6a) has a specific qr reader app, or you can use the Lens app. The regular camera app doesn't scan qr codes.

Phosphine posted:

My Phone (also pixel 6a) does not have a specific qr reader app, the regular camera app scans qr codes

There's a setting in the camera app to turn qr reading on or off. There's a QR reader button in the quick settings dock but I don't think it's a separate app.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

MadDogMike posted:

People who try to sound fancy when they aren’t. Listening to somebody trying to make some sort of phone complaint at high volume unfortunately. I’m hesitant to use the Karen meme since at least it sounds like an actual reasonable complaint, but boy, trying to use words like “rectify” and mixing it in with double negatives sure gives a similar pretentious vibe.

Rectify ain't no fancy word.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

I don't know much about Jesus but wasn't his whole thing aside from being the son of god about preaching against corrupt religious leaders and foreign occupiers?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Mister Speaker posted:

I'm actually trying to think of more of these because I know they're out there and it's - paradoxically - an interesting way to create audience catharsis by robbing it.

The end of Conan the Barbarian. Conan confronts Tulsa Doom and Doom tries to manipulate Conan but Conan just hacks his head off and throws it down some stairs.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

It's named whole wheat and shortened to just wheat bread in conversation.

Edit: sold as 100% whole wheat bread which I think is a protected name with standards to what breads can be sold under it.

Guyver has a new favorite as of 18:45 on Mar 9, 2024

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Dawn ultra changed scents and it stinks like perfume now.

Stop changing products.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Current kickstarter strategy is to set the initial goal low enough that it's funded really fast so click bait news sites and twitter accounts run with it. The hope is even if it isn't enough to fund the project the free advertising it brings in from internet vultures will bring in more then they would with a normal campaign.

It seems to work.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

There's also people that will set up on some dumbbell exercise and just dump the DB when the set is done. Which can bend or break the handles if they land on a corner. Which any gym would discourage.

Also it seems like the planet fitness type rules are there to keep people away because they are. Commercial gyms make most of their money from absentee members who pay their monthly fee just to say they have one.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Can you really invalidate a pet peeve though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Both beef tallow and milk make things delicious.

I am sorry part of the light in this world has gone out for both of you.