Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Ryoshi posted:

I loving hate it when public restrooms use those sinks where you push the handle/button/whatever to turn on the water but they're installed wrong so the water stops a half a second later. Gosh, I wonder why everyone on this floor of the office gets sick all the time?

I agree. The only trick I've found was to push the sink button by propping a lengthy water bottle against your chest/stomach so the button is held down. But then you look on a little stupid back nd have to dry your bottle since you grabbed it with wet hands. Well, assuming you carry around a water bottle and the faucet sticks out long enough for this to be feasible. gently caress these sinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Recipe blogs that have a whole backstory to each recipe that no one gives a poo poo about. I was looking up a cookie recipe once and this lady had paragraphs and paragraphs about how she'd make them with her grandkids and blah blah blah before actually posting the recipe. I don't want to read about your stupid grandkids I just want to make some cookies goddamnit.

YES. And it's even worse when they put the recipe is cutesy, unreadable fonts over gaussian blurred photos so you can' even ctrl+f for 'recipes' and skip that crap.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

im full of poo poo posted:

i dunno exactly why but don't you get that weird full body aluminum foil chewing cringe feeling when you see a child hurt themselves, especially if they totally eat poo poo + are instantly wailing

its like that but more abstract

Maybe I'm low on the empathy scale but I just feel bad for the kid. Not a full on shudder thing. Though I've only seen skinned knees, not extremely violent tragedies. To those I just get a shitton of dread, like a pile of bricks collapsing in my stomach. Or, I guess, the feeling of your stomach dropping? Whatever the phrase is.

Peeve:

Oh, hm, I need another email for a new project so I dont give away my other emails that are linked to Things. Gmail is pretty good.

The very next day/attempt to sign in:

"Oh there's oh so suspicious activity on the account you JUST created not even twelve hours ago. Give me your phone # to '''''''''''verify'''''''''' thnx"

What the gently caress gmail it's attached to another email for security purposes what the gently caress do you need my phone number for?? gently caress off entirely. Just send an email to the attached account. gently caress you even more. gently caress is this poo poo??

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Murphy Brownback posted:

It's getting to be that time of year when it starts getting colder than 70 degrees. This always means public transport vehicles, whether they be trains, trams, buses or whatever, decide to crank up the heat. I can't stand this. If it's 50 degrees outside it's a little too cold to not wear a jacket, but when you step onto the tram it's like walking into a drat sauna. You have to choose every morning whether you want to freeze on the way to the tram or wear weather-appropriate clothing and sweat your rear end off on the way in to work.

I could understand keeping the thing heated to like 70 degrees or something normal, but why is it that they always crank it way the gently caress up to where you'd even sweat wearing shorts and a tshirt? Unless you're in the drat arctic, let trams and buses have the same interior temperature as outside so people don't have to remove their huge bulky jackets just to be comfortable.

You'd love the bus I took on friday. The weather was about 50 F, and the AC was on full blast in the bus. Why.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Nettles Coterie posted:

Unrelated pet peeve: I hate when I have a plant and it's clearly dying a slow miserable death. I know I'm terrible with plants, I've come to terms with that, but if it has to die can it at least do it quickly and quietly? I hate when a plant is clearly not doing well, but it takes forever to die, because I feel obligated to change up how much I water it or how much light it gets, but that never seems to help. It's like, either a plant does great and stays alive forever, or (like 90% of them) it dies off real quick. The anomalies that seem to be fine for months, then slowly start to die even though I haven't changed anything about how I care for them... those are the ones that drive me insane.

Fwiw, DIY and Hobbies has a plant thread filled with plant magicians who might be able to tell you how to not murder your plantfriends: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3543738

They also have lots of pictures of plants that are enjoyable to look at.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Bomrek posted:

It turns out that pinching me in the meat of my upper arm as a way to silence me is a great way to turn me into a huge ball of rage instead.

What the gently caress is that? Who would do that? A vicious granny? That's rude as hell.

DavidAlltheTime posted:

-People who put dirty dishes in the sink so that before you can wash them you have to take them out.

Putting the dishes in the both sides of the double tubbed sink so now there's two sinks to clear out AND rinse of gross food/drink residue before doing dishes. There's 2.5 feet of countertop, shove the coffee machine over i mean gently caress.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

People defending pedos and pedophilic artworks. Like naw, gently caress your coping method bullshit. You get off on child rape, and/or are defending people who do. Don't hide behind mental illness excuses.

Oh twitter.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Screaming Idiot posted:

But he's the perfect drug!

I've seen what's under his red robe. Ain't nothing to write home of, that's for sure.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Retail Slave posted:

I hope every last person who has cut me off or disobeyed a traffic sign and almost caused an accident with me and then had the nerve to flip ME off hits a tree. Every last loving one of them.

A few hours ago I was coming back from the store with my 2 small kids in the car and some loving rear end in a top hat ran a red light and very nearly t-boned me. Then the dickhead blares his horn at me for a good 5 seconds, flips me off, then peels off. That is the closest I've ever come to following someone on the road for the sole purpose of yelling at them. I'm still shaking. Say, this is not the first time this has ever happened.

:stare: Surely there's some non emergency police number you could call with their licence plate? I know you can do that with potentially drunk drivers. Granted, you might not think of this in the heat of the moment, but it's something. I'm sorry you encountered into such lovely drivers, that sounds terrifying!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Those old lady farts on th bus who wont shut the gently caress up. Thats my peeve. Especially when one sits at the front of the bus, then the other sits three rows back, yelling at each other. loving sit nrxt to each other you hags!? Why must you do that, why?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Oh! Eat poo poo adblock for youtube?! Yes, eat all of the poo poo. I thought I had some goddamn malware or virus or some poo poo injecting loving lnk.rus redirects into various urls and things I clicked, but no. It's gently caress you, you garbage rear end extension. The gently caress is this poo poo? Who the gently caress asked you to do that? Eat rear end, all of an rear end, cram all that rear end into your chuckhole. You know how many scans and poo poo I had to sit through to clean out my laptop?? I even reinstalled loving chrome.

gently caress.

So hey by the way if you see your url bar briefly turn into lnkr.us, it's not tumblr's new redirect prgram or a malware thing. It's an extension.

I don't know if there's a good/similar replacement for adblock for youtube, sorry.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Pedestrian chat: If it's a 'don't walk' sign that allows 30 seconds to finish crossing, what makes you think you can do that 'white people' half jog when the sign is flashing 4 seconds left to cross? Like loving wait.
And then those fuckers calmly stroll across just as the traffic lights are turning yellow and onto green. So now people who wanted to turn right or go straight have to wait for these chucklefucks to finish up their stroll with 'white people half jog' part two.

It's not going to kill you to wait buddy!! There's a reason you're given a whole minute to start and finish crossing!

Related pet peeve: when it signals to pedestrians for them to start crossing the street, but I have to wait to check if someone's turning because there's always those fuckers who see green lights and slam on the gas. Then if there is someone turning I half to do that rude staring while I walk thing to make sure they A) see me and B) aren't going to stare at me while they hit the gas.

Or maybe there's just something about crosswalks near subways exits that make people stupider.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

BuddyChrist posted:

I hate it when people walk down the sidewalk side-by-side, and slow as gently caress. It was especially bad in Japan and it wasn't until I left there that I found this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7oGk-ozhKI

I would love to have the balls to do this but I know it would never work in the US cause pedestrians here don't give a gently caress.

It's not that they wouldn't give a gently caress, it's the bikes just don't have bells. I can't tell you how many times some jackass blazed past me without even saying a word of warning. I'm not even wearing headphones, just loving say 'excuse me' so I can scoot over to the side!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

Places that fill their glasses with 70% ice, and 30% actual fluid. I drink a lot of water when I eat due to dysphagia issues, and I know it's done to save time standing there refilling it, but come on.

It might help to ask for 'light ice'? I do that when I grab an iced coffee at starbucks, but surely it'd translate over to restaurants well enough. Or 'easy on the ice', something to request more drink than filler in your cup.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Maggie Fletcher posted:

My niece and former sister-in-law share these loving things all the time, and they're not even real recipes. It's stuff like cutting up canned biscuit dough, throwing on some cheese and meat, and baking it. Or unrolling canned cinnamon rolls and throwing in some nutella and strawberries and baking that. It's just mixing junk food with other junk food to make extra cheesy avocado meat Hamburger Helper casserole wraps.

The TVtropes of cooking: "I stuck some food things I like into one bowl and heated it up! Gourmet artisonal food product!"

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Sweet As Sin posted:

People who post mutilated animals or children on social media. WHY. And with a fake story, plus.

My god I feel you on this. It's even better when they also do this on tumblr. but without tags or something to blacklist the post pre-emptively because 'everyone should see it'.

It being mutilated corpses of dogs. Thanks jackoffs!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Online recipes that are made by lunatics who had their tongues cut out so to them poo poo like "1 1/2 cups white sugar and 1 cup brown sugar" seems reasonable an good.

No they're not!? In so many cookie recipes there's too much drat sugar. This one recipe of asks for nearly two cups of white sugar. I can't eat that poo poo, there's just so sugary and cloying and one gives me a stomach ache and nausea :(

Why didn't I listen to my instincts and halve that poo poo.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

There's a sinister conspiracy on hand in the Laptop Industry. Everything I look at have the trackpad edging towards, or literally on the left side on the machine. I HATE leaning over with my right hand to use it. Put it in the center damnit! I don't want to buy a mouse >:T

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Lyrics. Are the lyrics on this site or this site correct? I adore the booklets that come with CDs and sometimes records that have no lyrics, but artistic works instead that are an extension of the music's theme. But gently caress man, I just want to know what the lyrics are, and sometimes the singer smooshes the words so that I can't tell :(

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

"Hi im a jackass and I heard you have (mental illness)?! Have you tried just thinking about happy things and good memories? That would totally prevent you from attempting suicide or hurting yourself or keep you from being miserable because of symptoms from your mental illness!!!!! My entire understanding of all mental health conditions is based off that song 'my favorite things' from the movie 'the sound of music'."

gently caress all these people, forever, amen.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Eh, it's mostly corrective rape or general peer pressure to date and/or start a family because that's good and normal, and also correct to do in most religions. The rest of the time nobody really cares.

My peeve: there's a floater in my eye that only shows up when I look slightly down and no other time, and it's annoying as gently caress.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

For some reason that made me think of another pet peeve of mine: my aunt.

No matter what restaurant we go to, she asks for a bowl of plain white rice with butter. Graduation party at Red Robin's? Bowl of rice, butter. Trendy bistro? Butter, rice, bowl. Greasy spoon diner? Well, you better bet your rear end she's orderin' the rice & butter.

One time she got a bowl of white rice and butter at a cafe that I didn't even know served rice. I thought they just had sandwiches and salads, but there she had a bowl of steaming white rice with butter.

Meet my aunt and her required restaurant drink: water, bowl of extra ice, bowl of lemons. Then she proceeds to make her own lemonade and leaves ten sugar packets and lemon rinds across the table.

There's lemonade on the menu.... :psyduck: Aunts. What the hell?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Noctone posted:

The cool thing about ice is that's it's sort of a zero calorie snack

Please be careful chewing on ice. Chewing on hard things like ice or plastic straws or other hard things may cause microfractures in your teeth, leading to weak teeth which may break. That's pretty painful and expensive, depending on where you live.

If you like chewing on stuff, try chewable stim toys! Granted they're more for autistic people, I think, but I don't think anyone's going to police you for buying something for yourself. The point of them is that they're softer than ice, and should be less likely to cause dental issues. Here's a site to buy some at, but you can probably look around for other places to buy at. http://www.stimtastic.co/stim-toys/?category=Chewable

You can probably stick it in the freezer if you like cold mouth textures. And yeah maybe you'd look kind of goofy, but I think that's preferable to your teeth cracking and breaking in your mouth. Sorry to be nosy but a lot of people may not be aware of this until woops, your mouth is pain!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Uninstalling bloatware, then of course directly afterwards the program opens your browser to a survey to ask why you uninstalled the piece of gently caress garbage faced program.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Tumblr recently added in auto play video ads to the sidebar area. Like ok whatever, it's a free service so I guess they have to attempt to make money somehow. But they have to be the loudest, non muted video ads I've ever heard. Even garbage rear end clickbait 'news' sites don't have videos as loud as that.

gently caress your poo poo tumblr. Even trash sites have the decency to let you unmute their autoplay video ads.

Even worse, one video ad starts with a women shrieking! That's great. So wonderful.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

IM loving DYING. I tried to read that article but there was a video autoplaying and when I scrolled down it shrunk to follow me, still playing. And clicking the pause button leads to another page? Fuckin christ.

But yeah, you're right. I've heard elsewhere the problem lies also in miscommunication between various teams running all of tumblr, and growing resentment between such mismanagement. I recall even Mayer being a half hour late to a conference intended to boost communication and such between teams. David Karp was present and joking around. I wonder what will happen if yahoo is split up. I recall Japan/some asian countries are still really into using that website.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I really hate public toilets where the toilet water is super loving high and your tampon string ends up getting soggy and nasty from getting dipped so you gotta take it out because you're just thinking how all the nasty pissbowl water is creeping up the string into your vagina.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Bast Relief posted:

Are these kind of people just completely immune to noise? What is wrong with noisy people?

It's called sensory overload. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensory_overload You're getting too stimulated and your brain says 'get hosed everything!' apparently.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I loathe and hate those recipes that are like 'throw some frozen meatballs into a pan and heat them up then for sauce add some salt and pepper to some ketchup!' Like no, gently caress you! I want to make the meatballs and sauce, not warm up some pre-made poo poo! That's not a loving recipe that's just throwing junk from your fridge or pantry together.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

There was a windows update wherein the audio setting was changed so that if you clicked on a video in your browser, the music playing in another program would drop in volume, but not cease entirely. So you would have a muffled cacophony in your headphones. This will happen even if you have the tab muted so your music volume woukd randomly drop.

I did not ask or ever want for this feature. Honestly I'd rather have updates that feature a dismissable dialogue box list of changes if various settings are changed or added in so at least I'm aware and can utilize the functions. Unless the updates are about security in which case nevermore about thia because that'd just confuse the olds.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

When the dude in front of you doesn't know how to touch the motion sensor thing on the rear bus door so you gotta give him a reach around

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Another bus peeve: when dude's masculinity so fragile they literally CANNOT sit next to another dude other lest the knees touch all erotic like so they sit on neighboring benches, taking up four whole seats on a crowded rear end bus and yell loudly at each other because they can't hear over the bus being a bus.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

Five words is like, the MAXIMUM "saying something to you while walking away" length.

Stop it with the long, meandering sentences while you're going up the stairs/down the hall.

YES. People who do this need to have their lips stapled to the doorway of the person they're talking to. That wouldn't solved anything, but it'd make me feel better.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

gently caress drivers who start driving forward when you have barely reached the middle of the loving crosswalk! You're in a comfy air conditioned car, fucknugget! You can loving wait!

Old people need to die.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

The local grocery store recently put up a notice on the doors that says "no animals or pets including ''''''therapy comfort dogs/animals''''; only legal service animals only". Now if only every other public store can put up and enforce that. Stepping in dog poo poo and having dogs get all up in your junk is the opposite of good and i have no idea why people are so rude as to bring animals into these places.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

When you eating a delicious bagel but the bagel is dusted with all sorts of extraneous bullshit on the outside that falls off and when you stand up its like a squirrel spent half a month hiding various bits and seeds on your person.

The gently caress do bagels need sesame seeds on top if they just fall. Waste of sesame seeds. Honestly.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

PHANTOM PISSERS.

who the gently caress pisses on the toilet paper roll. I'm going to kill you. Twice a week this has happened, why do I bother with cafe restrooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I want to know what if it's about this Web site in particular that makes it so some posts' font sizes are large and them the next post is teeny tiny itty bitty font size.

I swear this doesn't happen on news articles or other forums. Oh :radium:

I mean, this is on my tablet and phone. Desktop browser is just fine and readable. Though I guess it does make it fun. Some posts are really excited and are yelling!