Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The "friendly voice" opener script that telemarketers have been using more and more the last few years. You know, the, "hello, it's nice to hear a friendly voice" line when you answer the phone with anything short of "gently caress off and die". Even the door to door people are doing it now!

Which is great because it'll be like, someone is hammering on the door like I owe them money, I open the door with an expression on my face like I've just stepped in cat puke with my sock feet, and they'll have the nerve to lead with "OH HI THERE it's so nice to see a friendly face!" Motherfucker this is my tricked face, the way you were knocking I was gearing myself up to tell a cop to get a warrant.

I know, I know, joke's on me for doing boomer poo poo like answering phones and opening doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacific Juan Maria Ramirez

(I didn't post the clip cause he lets the guy he shoots get through his own little monologue first before blasting him)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

BioEnchanted posted:

Just imagining the scene. The crowd goes silent and the band are like "And now, the title of our new band.... BACON!" Then credburn just loudly breaks the silence with "Oh, gently caress OFF!"

I'd be right there with him tbh

I remember reading a magazine article about the weird recent omnipresence of bacon, right at the start of the big cultural bacon-everything push. The phrase describing bacon covering a salad as "like a dark, meaty snow" has stuck with me for years

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CelticPredator posted:

It’s one of the easiest ways to pitch your movie.

Yeah I can see it being useful when you need a verbal crowbar to pry some dollars off the walking stack of ADHD-addled money that is the stereotypical film financier

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

Also a penis

Arr, tis driving me nuts

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Perfect Element posted:

WHY THE gently caress DO YOU ACCELERATE TO MATCH MY SPEED AS I'M OVERTAKING YOU YOU loving WEIRDO?!

I'm sorry, bud. I have noticed myself doing this subconsciously and I drat near smacked myself the first time I realized what was happening. Far as I can tell it's just a stupid meat reaction to A Thing In My Peripheral Vision, because I hate it when it happens to me too and I try not to do it to others.

There's eight billion humans so some of em are probably just like that as well.

Phy posted:

The "friendly voice" opener script that telemarketers have been using more and more the last few years. You know, the, "hello, it's nice to hear a friendly voice" line when you answer the phone with anything short of "gently caress off and die". Even the door to door people are doing it now!

It just happened again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

credburn posted:

People need to stop backing up at concerts! For fucks sake, it happens all the time.

Credburn the Concert Commissar