Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Dr Scoofles posted:

At the risk of sounding like a complete nutter, certain sounds make me irrationally angry. Wet smacking mouth noises, noisy food like apples and crisps, people biting their nails and so on. I'm absolutely fine if I'm in a group and there is a general hubbub of ambient noise, but if I'm in a really quiet class or in the library and another student is just going to town on an apple I become fixated on it and feel an overwhelming urge to flee the room before I flip.

My father in law is especially bad as he will sit infront of the telly with crackers and cheese and eat super slowly with a lot of noise and also this strange internal moaning and wheezing sound, like the work of eating is putting such a stress on his body he has to groan with the effort. Spending an evening sitting next to him is especially tough.

My boss has a habit of whistling the first few bars or the chorus of a song over and over and over. Sometimes he'll pause for a few seconds which makes me think he's stopped, then he starts again, he'll literally do this for hours. He also drinks coffee although he's holding his mouth over the cup and slurping it upwards, after each sip he'll let out an loud "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
People who talk to you whine resting their chin on their hands.

If what you have to say isn't important enough for you to lift your head away from your hands so your not muffled and difficult to hear, then it isn't important enough for me to listen.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
I'm not a lawyer, I have no qualifications in law and haven't even studied it. This does not stop a guy I work with from keep asking me legal advice.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Oxyclean posted:

I think that's the just the nature of being in the field/having an area of expertise/being law-adjacent. People do that all the time with poo poo - say you work with computers people will hit you up for tech support. ""I don't know poo poo about <blank> maybe that guy I met a few years ago who's studying <blank> can help me!"

Oh no I get that. As I said, I have no education in law. I'm not even in a vaguely related field. This guy has just got it in his head that I'll know the answers. No matter how many times I tell him "no idea, your best off asking a lawyer. "
I'm met with a blank stare before he asks "but what do you think?."

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
I received an email from my ISP informing me that due to their improved customer service my broadband will be going up by 2.50 a month. If they provided decent a broadband service in the first place they wouldn't need to provide better customer service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm guessing you're with BT? I got a similar email from them after spending several fruitless weeks trying to downgrade my service to save money. I don't need super fast loving lightning broadband, you assholes put me on there without making it clear, and are now feeding me complete horse poo poo to delay a downgrade. :mad:

You got it in one. They honestly have the most appalling customer service I've had the displeasure of dealing with. They were 3 months late installing my phone line when I moved and missed 6+ go live dates and kept blaming Openreach (who conveniently wont speak directly to the public). I finally got somewhere by emailing BT/Openreach's CEO and got passed on to the exective complaints department. It still took them another 3 weeks to install my line, but I got my first year at a massively discounted rate. That doesn't stop me being furious about the current price increase though. So my pet peeve is BT.

edit: Check your PMs, I've sent you the CEO's email address.

Tea Bone has a new favorite as of 23:54 on Feb 14, 2017