Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

People that walk two abreast on small pavements towards me so they can keep on chatting. Get hosed I will walk into you if I really have to as the alternative is to walk into busy oncoming traffic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

When people pronounce retching as reaching, so many people in this area just cannot get it right.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

"Boys will be boys!"

I mean in case you missed it David Cameron hosed a dead pig, yet people actually excused it with "we've all done silly things when drunk, like mooning" I think simulating oral sex with a dead pig's head is a loving step up from that.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

That the local dialect causes people to pronounce retching as reaching. First time I heard someone say their family was retching I was like "for what?".

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

canned cheddar cheese

I can't believe anything like this exists.

PP: Any cheddar that isn't proper mature delicious cheddar. (Preferably the west country farmhouse cheddar.)

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Everyone talking about how great it is finishing for work now for christmas, specifically because I'm working all through the holiday.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Intoluene posted:

There are many reasons working retail is hell. This is one of them.

I work for the NHS but yeah. I have no envy for retail workers at all, especially boxing day.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

People who go to A&E for minor illnesses.

People who go to A&E for minor illnesses and then complain that they have to wait 5 hours because their symptoms are minor and A&E is already full of people who shouldn't be there.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

TGIF & Feelgoodfriday. I am neither thankful nor feeling good as I am working this weekend, gently caress you!

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

It seems people forget how to queue for buses in the evening, like the simple fact of you have to let the people get off first or you will not be able to get on.

Crowding the doors doesn't help anything fuckers, all it means is I'm gonna have to bash my way through you, you can't even get on yet there is half the bus getting off.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

When you get baked cheesecake rather than proper cheesecake.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

When books on Amazon rather than just have the title in the title they have a run on sentence saying how the book is thrilling or gripping (or both.) It makes me instinctively disregard any book like that, although after looking at the books it is probably for the best.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

People not knowing basic health words.

Fever doesn't mean generally unwell, chronic doesn't just mean severe and an ache is a pain.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I've always heard not to get one unless you have a weak immune system or are around people who do on a regular basis because it's basically a waste of a flu shot. :shrug:

Different country but the NHS here gives the flu shots for free if you are:
  • are 65 years of age or over
  • are pregnant
  • have certain medical conditions
  • are very overweight
  • are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
  • receive a carer's allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
  • are a front-line health and social care worker. It is your employer's responsibility to arrange vaccination for you

So really only for those most vulnerable.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Khazar-khum posted:

This is a big issue in So California, where our drought is in full swing and not leaving anytime soon. Don't have a green lawn? Either get rocks for your yard or get a $1000/day fine. The fact that we live in the middle of the gotdamned Mojave Desert never seems to occur to people. We're both allergic to grass, so we put in a stone courtyard and an area of gravel. My Dad insisted on having a green lawn, then bitched because his water bill was $400/month.

You'd get fined for not having a green lawn in a drought?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Whenever I ask for an espresso at work the canteen lady seems to really emphasise it as eXpresso. I can't tell if she is trying to (in)correct my pronunciation or what.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Magic Hate Ball posted:

People who think it's the floor mat that opens automatic doors. Has this ever been the case? I see it all the time, even when it's clearly just a cheap plastic welcome mat that's half-torn and askew (and then they get confused because the door's opening even though they're not on the mat).
Surely no-one in their right mind has ever thought that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Every time I text love the second suggestion is Hewitt. I have never texted about jennifer, do enough people text about her that it needs to be the second suggestion after you?