Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
"So I axed him a question."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Classmates who play music when you're trying to study. This dude in my chem class blasts lovely rap music (it was pretty funny when he played Air Supply though) out of the classroom speakers in the half hour before the teacher comes in. gently caress, just use headphones.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
"You don't look like the kind of girl who would swear."

Everyone loving swears. Just because I have a babyface doesn't mean I can't use bad words once in a while.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I hate self-diagnosed autists even more than the next person but I think it's just as bad when people act like that anyone who claims to have it is self-diagnosed. The weird thing is, I often see it thrown at people who insinuate that having autism isn't sunshine and rainbows. In my experience, the idiots who self-diagnose act like it's a superpower and an excuse for being a socially retarded jerk. I got diagnosed at a young age, it's a lovely disorder and autistic people have the right to point out the struggles that come with it.

The dirt-cheap bus passes are pretty awesome though, not gonna lie.

Drivers who stop over the entire crosswalk. gently caress you, you're making it so I might get hit if I cross.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Tiggum posted:

People caring about what other people name their kids. Do you want a list of a dozen acceptable names everyone has to stick to or something? What's even wrong with calling your child Brayden or Apple or whatever. It's just a name, it's not important.
Because they're not pets, they'll care what their name is. Apple isn't a name either, it's a fruit.

Also, if you give someone a stupid special snowflake name like "Jaxon" or "Madisynn," everyone's gonna spell their name the normal way and it'll be a huge pain in the rear end to have to correct them every single time.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I've heard this so many times from science and math teachers so I should be used to it by now but good god do I hate it when they go "Well, I think this scientist had autism even though there's no proof so therefore autism isn't a disability, it's a ~gift.~" Sad thing is, when you try to tell them that they don't know what they're talking about, the other students just say something like "What are you getting upset about? She wasn't trying to be rude." I know people who say things like that aren't trying to be rude but calling a disability a gift is just ignorant and patronizing. Besides, savants are just a tiny, tiny minority. Anyone who thinks that all autistic people are like that has probably been watching too many Hallmark movies. I blame Rain Man (the guy this movie was based on wasn't even autistic, he had something called FG syndrome) for starting it all though.

Edit: Only movie I can think of that does a really good job at portraying autism is Mary And Max. Go watch that if you haven't already, it's amazing.

People who take ridiculously long showers. If you live on your own, fine but when you share hot water with other people, 45 minutes is a little excessive. On the other hand, it's kinda fun to turn off the hot water when you need to get them out.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 00:17 on Jun 8, 2015

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Thin Privilege posted:

Cover songs in general. 99% of the time they are utter poo poo. Why would you cover a song that's good as it is, and then butcher it? You think you sound good and/or are giving an homage to the original song but you're not. STOP.
Covers of songs don't bother me on their own. Tainted Love by Soft Cell is awesome and ATC's Around The World is better than the Russian original. When I really have a problem with covers, it's because they missed the point of what worked about the original song. For example, Your Woman by White Town has got the static-y, slightly distorted vocals, the 1930's Imperial March-ish horn riff sample, the venomous lyric delivery. It's a clever, trippy song (it sounds like something Gorillaz would make even though it came out before that band was even a thing) and a nice one to listen to right before bed. I looked up some covers and almost every single one of them turned it into slow, generic acoustic guitar crap.

This is a very specific pet peeve but it's annoying when people think that Don't You Want Me by The Human League is a love song or just a regular breakup tune. It's clearly about a woman running away from her svengali-type partner. The weird thing about 80's music is that a lot of it is very stalkerish. Heck, the Rock Me Amadeus guy had a hit over in Europe that was about a serial killer kidnapping, raping and murdering a girl named Jeanny.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 08:25 on Jun 11, 2015

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
A lot of the descriptions for Forensic Files episodes flat-out spoil who committed the crime. It's so annoying because when I'm taping them, I have to click on the description so I can figure out whether I've seen it before. I don't wanna know who did it before I've even started the episode, that's retarded.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
People who prevent you from using anything in the house that "generates heat" just because it's hot out. I personally don't think it's that hot but even if it was, it'd still be silly to go "Don't use the stove. Don't use the oven. Don't use the microwave. Don't turn the lights on in the kitchen for even a couple of minutes. Oh, nice going, you spilled something because you couldn't see what you were doing. That's all your fault." Jesus christ, if the heat really bothers you that much then just go take a cold shower. It's like 15 degrees hotter in Osoyoos but no one there is getting heat stroke from making an omelet.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
When people call up the radio stations and request lovely Canadian music that gets played all the time anyway because of the stupid content laws.

Hedley is worse than Nickelback.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Facebook friends who get involved in obvious pyramid schemes.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
People who show up to events and make really long narcissistic speeches that have nothing to do with anything. At my sister's grad ceremony, the assistant superintendent went on a 25 minute monologue about how his wife left him, he lost weight, what his cousin did with the money after he won the lottery, copying other people without thinking about it is the way to success and a bunch of other irrelevant bullshit I can't remember. Though, it was pretty funny how one of the teachers (and the MC for that ceremony) looked at the grads with a "I have no idea what the gently caress is going on either" look on his face.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
People who hit on you when you're at work. Even if they're attractive, it's just super awkward. Especially if it's a job where you're expected to be super friendly to everyone so you're trying not to accidentally give them any "hints."

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Why do you want to say that? That's a weird thing to say.
Teri maa ki chut, bhen ke laude.

Customers who get pissy when you refuse to let them just walk away from you with expensive items that are normally locked up. Come on, it's common sense to not let someone do that, especially in a department with a high theft rate. If you wanna take your business elsewhere over it, go ahead. They probably won't let you get away with it either.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 08:38 on Oct 1, 2016

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Ginny posted:

Third peeve, she talks SO MUCH, about everything. I feel like her boyfriend or therapist at this point. What annoys me the most is that sometimes I'm super tired and I make it VERY obvious I don't want to talk and I'm not interested in what she's saying, and she just keeps going. It's like those old people that grab you on the bus and won't stop talking poo poo, even if you purposely just reply with "mm" and "aha". Do people not understand that? Are they THAT self absorbed?
I've got a coworker just like this, only he's also a Nice Guy who constantly complains about being single. No one can stand him because he doesn't do his job, interrupts other people's conversations with his own bullshit and never shuts up. Once I got taken out of my department (it's usually pretty dead) to stock candy and when I went on my hour, I asked him to take over since he wasn't doing anything. After I went back, I asked if he'd finished it. He said yes. Walked by the candy near the end of the night and oh look, he didn't do poo poo and just spent the whole hour talking at the poor phone guys. rear end in a top hat just laughed and walked away when I confronted him about it. Found out later that he was at less than half the required scan speed after months of being a cashier and the management's response was to just move him to our department and make him our problem instead.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Stupid narcissistic assholes who post videos on Snapchat when they're loving driving. No one cares how fast your car is going or what song you're playing, just focus on the road and hopefully, if you crash, you don't hurt anyone else. My dad had to take time off work and see a physical therapist because of idiots like you.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

TMDTN posted:

When people tell the homeless to "just get a job" or "just go to a shelter."

What groundbreaking advice I'm sure they'd never thought of. Gee golly mister you saved their life!
It's funny how the same people tend to get mad when the homeless/really poor have access to things that they would need to get a job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
When you're on public transit during your morning commute and it's dead quiet as usual....until someone starts loudly yapping on their cell phone.

People who act like the world is against them because they suck at making financial priorities. My friend got rude towards the clerk at a college registration office because one course she wanted to take required a deposit fee to reserve a seat. She kept saying she wouldn't have enough money in her bank account afterwards. Come on, you've lived with your parents rent free for the past four years, have not gone back to school and have worked full time for all of it. You could have easily saved money for post secondary but no, going on expensive dates all the time and stuffing your closet with tacky, poorly made clothing is so much more important.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 06:18 on Nov 11, 2018