Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Working at a Deli my pet peeve is people who come in and only have a basic idea what they want. Coming in and saying "I want turkey" doesn't help one bit when we have at least a dozen kinds, and yet these people will come in at least once a week without thinking about what they specifically want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Tiggum posted:

I've done this with ham. Usually I look at what's there and say something specific, but sometimes I'm just not really thinking about it. And I really don't care what sort of ham you give me, it's all pretty much the same. Same goes with quantity. I just want some ham. However much you pick up and put in a bag, that's how much I want. I just want some meat for sandwiches, it's not important.

I don't mind that, it's more when you try and do that then they get really specific and go "I don't want that ham, let me look around for a few minutes after being in line for 5 minutes"

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

This might have come up in the thread before but anyone who says excuse you instead of excuse me or nothing at all. It's like you want people to know you're a dick.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

After taking an 8am class in college this semester I have two new ones. First is when people come in late and have to openly apologize to everyone, but it's never once they do it almost every class, so multiple times a class we get slowed down by that. The other is when people try and wake themselves up by really loud and obnoxious matters. If you're in a classroom why do you need to cough and grunt super loud and walk around to wake up?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

yeah I eat rear end posted:

When my landlord thinks it's cool/normal to just immediately unlock and open the door after ringing the doorbell once. I hate having to be prepared for company to pop in at any moment. At least wait until I come to the door so you don't have to constantly see me racing to get my pants on.

I had a pizza delivery person do this once. Where they knocked once, opened the door and just walked in. My roommate at the time was super pissed, but I was honestly surprised that they would even do that to have a reaction

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Depending on the store here cashiers can't turn away customers from the 12 items or less line, they just have to hope that people are courteous in that regard.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

People who play loud music at their office desk. Someone at my job got really offended that people aren't into "Baby It's Cold Outside", and now has to play that on repeat so half the office has to hear it most of their workday. Maybe working retail broke me in terms of liking Christmas music, but I don't think I've turned on disliking a song faster.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Andrast posted:

How has the rest of the office not murdered that person?

There was a general "We don't want to be political, so respect people and their holiday traditions" email sent out, and that person could be using it as a cover, but they've also said it's their favorite song ever.

Also a lot of other people in the office listen to their own music in headphones and the person has a decent amount of seniority, but I'm probably in a weird minority in that I can't listen to music and work to my best, so it could be just distracting to me more than anyone else in the office.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

MightyJoe36 posted:

I call this Passive Agressive work hours. They say "flexible schedule" but treat anybody who comes in early/leaves early as not really part of the group.

My work has this where people who come in at 6-7 will leave at 3-4, and every meeting or two it gets brought up by someone that it’s not fair that some people leave before others. But we also have a ton of people who come in at 9-10 and leave at 6 that no one says anything about.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’ve said it before my my main pet peeve with that is the person who complains if someone is leaving earlier even if that person arrives earlier. Granted as long as someone is getting their job done I wouldn’t really care if someone was leaving early anyway. I doubt they would be that much more productive in that time as long as they weren’t blowing off work

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

This is one I've encountered as I shop on weekends now, but people who at grocery stores stop in the exit doors to look at their receipts or bags. Either do it before you're in the doorway or after you leave it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

People who were formerly military who get on people at work or in their family for not treating things like it's the military. I get that they drill that into people's heads during training, and if they want to do that on their own fine, but if everyone else wanted to do it they'd have joined.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

People who dramatically clear their throat out all the time, even when they aren't preparing to actually talk. I almost think this is something everyone does because it's present in both family, friends, and workplace, but no matter where someone dramatically trying to clear their throat despite not even talking seems to happen a lot to me.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

When you’re trying to walk up or down stairs and there’s a group of people who form a line from rail to rail who get annoyed someone is going the other direction.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

One driving one of mine is when people take highway on ramps way too slow. If someone is hitting the highway at only 20-25 mph it makes the person in the right lane need to brake, or they merge into the next lane making that lane go slower, and it generally causes an annoyance for everyone.

It’s why I can’t get mad at someone going the speed limit, but the people who drive 50 in a 65mph speed limit highway are among the most annoying drivers to me

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Considering how many people over 50 I've encountered who felt like they needed to teach me a lesson on why saying "No Problem" is bad and ruining society, I generally don't care what you use as a greeting/response.

People who really overuse exclamation points in emails do throw me off though.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Commercials are now moving to their own internal plot lines , with the death of the Bud Knight and whatever Progressive is doing, so Peyton Manning doing the same joke over and over for each commercial looks extra bad now.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

cinni posted:

Narrow residential streets that are always lined with cars, so if two cars coming from opposite directions approach each other, there is a brief mexican standoff of who is going to pull over to the curb to let the other pass first. Especially if I pull over first preemptively but then they also pull over too so now i feel dumb. No, sir, AFTER YOU!

What’s more annoying to me is I live on a street like that but one side has way more cars on the street, so the person with no cars on their right will expect you to pull over to the left and yell at you for not pulling over

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

When you’re on a two lane road/highway in the left lane and someone tries to speed around in the right lane, only to realize that’s even slower and then immediately tries to merge back without letting someone make enough safe room for them.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

When you’re on the phone and need to record information and someone is bugging you about who you’re talking to, and if you do tell them and possibly miss something they go “oh” and walk away.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

When you're watching a movie or tv show with a group of people and one person likes to pause to explain things to another person or point out an actor that was in something else.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

CelticPredator posted:

people's house number are often really hard to find. Either because its so dark and there's no light, or it's in a weird spot, or whatever. GPS works but sometimes it's not precise.

Generally if you can leave comments I’ll mention my car color/model which I hope helps.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Iron Crowned posted:

Drivers who speed up to make sure you can't merge in front of them.

That’s bad but worse are ones who slow down with you if you decide to merge behind them instead.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’m not sure if this is a safety thing or not, but if I’m not leaving for work by a certain time I’ll get stuck behind school buses who stop at individual houses now, and will wait over a minute for the kid to get on the bus. If there were just a few bus stops it would go a lot faster, because this just makes traffic terrible in the area I live.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

When you’re on the phone and it’s a business or some kind of work call, and you’re interrupted by someone constantly asking you who’s on the phone and why

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

When people get onto a highway on ramp in front of you and don’t go above 30-40mph, even as they drive on the highway,so merging onto the highway gets a lot more annoying to do when everyone is speeding past.

I also recently had someone stop and put in a blinker to merge onto a highway from an on ramp, which just baffled me.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

When people tailgate you despite the passing lane being open. The weather is poo poo and the roads are super icy, I’m not in a rush to slide off the road like the dozen other cars I’ve seen on my drive.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

When you’re in a line of cars because someone far up the road might be going slow or something, and someone keeps trying dangerous passes like the shoulder of the road or the opposite lane to do their best to only pass one car before they need to merge back in.

It’s fine to be annoyed by that front driver, but you’re just putting everyone else in danger.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Working in food and service I don’t like to go to places sooner than a half hour before they close.

But there are some people who would pound on a door and when told that registers are closed and money is being counted that they need to shop, and everyone should reopen so they can get 10 dollars worth of non emergency items

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

YeahTubaMike posted:

People who walk in the exact middle of a sidewalk that is maybe wide enough for like 2 1/2 people. Especially when they zig-zag and/or abruptly stop as they move along.

Same thing for people in parking lots who walk in the middle of the aisle where a car cannot pass by.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Vehicles that stop in the middle of a street and put the emergency lights on to make a delivery or something shutting down all traffic for that street, especially if it requires more than setting a package on a door where it takes minutes.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Fingerless Gloves posted:

I'm English, I apologise. Just woke up this morning just before the latest BCS episode is on Netflix, so I'm just browsing some YouTube to kill time. Love to see those people uploading unmarked spoilers as fast as they can to get them clicks, appreciate these guys for sure

The worst is when they title it “SPOILER - Saul ascends to Heaven” or something, even though the title gives it away.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

People who walk dogs on retractable leashes who don’t do anything to bring in their dog when they start to go after someone or another dog, and let them keep pulling out on the leash.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

When people tailgate you when there are several cars in front of you, meaning you can’t go faster even if you wanted to.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

When you’re driving with someone giving you directions and they only say when to turn after you’ve passed it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

My apartment entrance is on a main road, with a lane for entering and a lane for exiting. There’s been a huge increase in people pulling it right at the entrance lane and just stopping, I don’t know if it’s for directions or a phone call or what, but they’ll sit there where people are unable to enter. Theyll also turn their lights on, but that’s meaningless when you’re blocking a one lane path.

There’s even a parking lot 50 yards up the road too, so they could go there if they needed to make a stop.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I don’t know what the time limit should be, but honking your horn loudly several times to let someone know you’ve arrived should not be happening after midnight

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

My complex has the same problem but it’s mostly older people with small dogs, who say it’s hard to pick it up because of their age.

Which kind of asks the question of why would you get a dog if you can’t perform the basic tasks that come with owning one.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Amusement Parks that don’t have containers right by the ride to place your stuff, and try and make you rent an extremely overpriced locker to hold your drink or anything that doesn’t fit into a pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

One that I hate is people who swing public restroom doors open with enough force you’d think they’re trying to get the jump on someone about to attack them behind it.