Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

People stopping dead in tight spaces or entranceways. What really gets annoying is when people stop for no reason. I've had 2 separate instances of groups of people stopping to form a queue in front of an empty escalator.

Peoples conduct at bus stops tends to be especially idiotic. I've seen people stood outside in heavy rain even though half of the shelter is empty because those inside are bunched up in the back and won't move forward. The person outside might have been too shy to ask or something but they shouldn't have to. Also, no one signals a bus to stop anymore. I once watched a bunch of old people throw their hands up in the air as a bus went right past them. Well, maybe if you weren't stood 10ft back from the edge of the pavement and reacted in any way to the bus you watched come around the corner. What, are the elderly too cool to stick their arms out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Many things about job application forms including potential employers expecting me to print them off at my own expense. What's more annoying about the one I'm dealing with at the moment is that it almost entirely consists of stuff already on my CV but would cost 3 times as much to print except for the fact that I submitted my CV by e-mail. Also, there's too little room in some of the sections and 2 of the pages are irrelevant. And this one is to be brought to the job interview which means that if they don't like what's written there then a more than 2 hour round trip as well as 1/18 of a weeks income will be wasted not including the cost of printing the form off. Oh, and my writing is slow and hurts my hand fairly quickly.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

- I missed the people walking side by side discussion. My favourite example I've seen in person is of 2 groups of 6 and 3 people stopping side by side for literally no reason thus blocking off one of the widest paths there is. Another baffling behaviour I've seen is 2 separate incidents of a group of people stopping dead to form a queue for an empty escalator.

- Idiots doing nothing to stop the spread of their diseases. Someone holding a tissue in front of their face sat down next to me on the bus. Thanks for the flu bitch! It's not like some of us have underlying medical issues that make that more of a problem(!)

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Sociopastry posted:

It sounds like she was trying to prevent the spread, though? Otherwise she would have just sneezed/coughed into the open air/on you.

I described it wrong. At no point was her tissue holding hand close to her face. It was in front of her (presumably because you wouldn't want a snotty tissue rubbing against the side of your coat) and she was looking at it while walking towards my seat which is where my retarded powers of description got "holding it in front of her face" from but her arm was basically at rest so that means below chest level while standing and probably in her lap while sitting. I probably got it from her standing right behind me when I was queuing to get off of the bus.

gently caress knows how I screwed that up. It's not as if I didn't read it back.

Sociopastry posted:

I would, however, like it if people started wearing those doctor's masks. It seems more polite to be like "this way I'm less likely to breathe my plague breath on you". I'm tempted to do it the next time I'm sick, but I'm pretty sure I'd look like a goober.

I've thought of something like that but it's so much looking like a goober that would hold me back as it is causing a panic by making people think I've got something much more serious.

Death Zebra has a new favorite as of 02:38 on Mar 6, 2016

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Applying for a job and then immediately receiving an e-mail "inviting" me to the next stage which is an online application form asking for the information that I already gave by submitting my CV. I don't understand why they don't just tell you that you have to fill out the application form to begin with. It's not like they're filtering people out. The last such job I applied for was at 11pm. The most rational (lol) explanation I can think of is that they know how annoying application forms are and are deliberately blind-siding people with them to be arseholes.

Also, gently caress duplicate vacancy postings. The same job is being posted to multiple sites which will then repost to each other and will then sometimes post to each other AGAIN. I swear I saw the same job posted 9 times in a row in my search results on one website yesterday. It wasn't even one of the lovely aggregate websites. I need to learn to programming to filter this poo poo out or something.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Cleretic posted:

It actually does filter people out. Entry-level jobs especially get a shitload of applicants, so to file the number down initially some people force you to jump through a tedious extra hoop. Say you get 300 applicants, but 200 of them can't be hosed filling in that application form, you've made your potential hires pool 66% smaller and easier to handle.

Still poo poo, but there you go.

I thought of that while I was writing the post but to due to a combination of laziness (my post writing tends to be really slow as I'm using a tablet on screen keyboard and literally one finger :classiclol: ) and annoyance I really wasn't inclined to write about it. I should have done though.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Haven't encountered this in a while but TV shows with really quiet talking and loud action scenes and/or music especially if you're watching late at night. Examples: Daredevil, Babylon 5(?), some episodes of Stargate SG1. Also, Drop the Dead Donkey (not that that's been on TV for about a decade) had some seriously loud title music.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

I hate that my favourite food items are often temporary.

- In 2014, McDonalds in the UK ran some American sandwich promotion. One of them, the Nevada Grande, was loving awesome and by some miracle the local branch ran it again at the end of the promotion. They ran the same promotion again in 2015 but no Nevada Grande :(

- Also in 2014, there was this Brazilian Barbecue sauce. That was by a wide margin the best sauce I've ever had. I was putting it on a small plate so I could dip my loving pringles in it. Not only was this temporary (something to do with the world cup), but because I didn't know it was temporary, I wasted the time it was available trying out other sauces including a piss weak, runny chili sauce and piri piri sauce which I apparently don't like.

- A takeaway outlet I used to order form every week had great chili sauce; smooth, spicy, very few pips, and in good portions. That changed about a decade ago along with the quality of the rest of their food. No other place does good chili sauce either. Most of it's just red grease with as poo poo ton of pips.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Lucrece posted:

This ends up with a lot of rejection letters, which while I knew I wouldn't get the job, isn't good for the old ego!

I don't usually even get rejection e-mails anymore and when I did they either contained no feedback or just generic "your skills/experience do not match what we're looking for" even though the CV I submitted has been tailored to the advert.

Lucrece posted:

Related, when you apply for something, and it takes the recruiters several weeks to get back to you. I enjoy receiving emails saying that I've progressed through to the first stage of their short list process, but by the time I get that email, I don't even remember what the job was.

Same here. At one point I started saving the descriptions of jobs I applied for but I was very inconsistent in actually doing it and then stopped altogether when I switched from computer to tablet........and it's just occured to me while writing this that I could start using print screen on the adverts of the jobs I apply for since I often plug a keyboard in anyway. D'oh!

Lucrece posted:

And finally, when you get through all of the online testing and in-person interview, and they can't be bothered to spend 30 seconds calling you to let you know that you weren't successful. Or even sending an email. I really wanted that job, dammit :(

The last piece of meaningful feedback I got was in 2009 and it told me what I already knew: that I hadn't answered the teamwork question well enough. They wanted to hear about some big loving teamwork project and I've never even encountered anything like that. I think it was a filing job that involved very little teamwork and no projects.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

My yahoo e-mail app gives me notifications of every e-mail but the ones I want to read. :argh:

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

artsy fartsy posted:

Every day I take my glasses out of their protective case and carefully wipe them down with the special cloth, then gingerly balance them on my face and sit perfectly upright and hold absolutely still and tuck my hands under my legs so that there's absolutely no loving way that I will touch my glasses at all.

In 20 minutes a giant smudge will appear.

I have a similar problem with my finger nails. They can become dirty almost immediately after cleaning them despite doing nothing that could dirty them. Meanwhile, everybody else seems to be immaculately clean. I might have to start taking my nail clippers to job interviews just in case :classiclol:

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Murphy Brownback posted:

I hate this so much. I don't run into it often, but just the other day some admin person scheduled someone to come in to give us all a mandatory attendance tutorial on Python. The guy was given the impression it was going to be just a basic intro to it, but when he asked who has used python before literally everyone raised their hand. We all use it frequently and he realized everything he had prepared wasn't of any use to us. What followed was just him awkwardly fumbling through random python functions that are pretty much of no use to anyone just to fill time.

Basically any time someone in administration schedules something mandatory, you know going in it's going to be a waste of time.

I've had a similar issue being unemployed funnily enough. The various people assigned to me often try to arrange courses that serve absolutely no purpose often in a pathetic attempt to seem useful. Sometimes they ignore all objections and put me on them anyway simply because the amount of objections I raise confuse them into thinking I'm merely a naysayer. I've been in workshops I could have taught myself with more content and in less time and I would have had the sense to provide supplementary materials. The courses that ARE useful take several times longer to teach than they should e.g. a customer service course which took 4 days to convey what could have been written in a leaflet.

And, above all this is the government mandated bullshit which is a repetitive cycle of time wasting bullshit that is not only almost invariably useless but automatically overrides anything useful you might be doing yourself.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Spalec posted:

On a similar job-seeking note:

-Jobs that don't give any sort of salary indications. Just give me a range, or at least the minimum I can expect.

-Jobs that don't send rejection letters if you don't get an interview. It takes literally no effort to send a stock 'Thanks for applying but we're going with someone else' email.

Add to this:

- Getting a generic response saying my skills/experience didn't match what they wanted even though I tailored my CV to the advert.

- Also, employers which just tell you what city the job is in. Like I'm going to spend 1-2 hours filling out an application form for a job when they won't even tell me whether I can get to it.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

My ISP provided router resets settings every so often without telling me. I was trying to log in with my set password last night and thought something was much worse was happening. The other problem is that it resets the channel settings which makes my connection much slower. In fact it didn't work at all on the default channel before.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

I'm sick of facecam in game streams. It's a bit WTF. I don't know why its there, I don't want or need to see it, it gets in the way of the game footage, and real life people over videogame looks tacky. Even when it's in its own window that just means there's less screen for the game and a 7 inch tablet screen is small enough already. It's drat near ubiquitous as well.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

I'm also sick of the time wasting bullshit in many videos.

- A video listing Pokemon romhacks started with 1.5 minutes of some idiot trying to be funny and then another minute explaining that Pokemon is popular! He barely said anything about them and couldn't even go from one entry to another without trying to make some stupid comment.
- Another video, by PlayStation access, seemed to have several minutes of bullshit before actually getting to the list and I wound up skipping most of the video before turning it off altogether because the people therein were so annoying. I just looked up difficulty spikes on TV tropes instead lol. You know you're poo poo when TV tropes is a better alternative to you.

By contrast, a video detailing 8 times the hulk was defeated managed to get through them in about 4 minutes although the repetitive use of a theme for each entry got grating it was still a far superior video

EmmyOk posted:

When I worked in retail my biggest pet peeve was when I'd hold out my hand for the customer to give me money and they'd throw it on the counter instead.

I hate physical contact and even I make an effort to place the money in the cashier's hand so I don't know what's wrong with these people.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Alabaster White posted:

People who try to push themselves via cult-of-personality bullshit instead of actually producing any worthwhile content. Youtube is TERRIBLE for this. I was linked some kind of competitive Pokemon battling video earlier, and not only did the people have terrible voices, they were unbelievably godawful at the thing they're supposedly known for. The last 20% of the video was ads for their poo poo, too.

And since YouTube has no channel blocking feature (as far as I know) you'll probably be seeing videos from this channel for a few days. Removing videos form your history does not seem to help. I've wound up watching most of the annoying videos I've encountered recently on the PS3 YouTube app which has removed the thumbs up and down buttons.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

I ride on the path but go slooooooow even down hills. I will only go noticeably above walking speed when the path is long, straight, clear, and has nothing that can pull out on me from the sides i.e. literally no danger to anyone because there's no one. Ultimately, journey times are barely an improvement above walking speed especially with my tendency to not even ride up hills (lol).

One annoyance is people tutting at me for riding along the canal path and wanting to get past them even though it's part of the national cycling network and I'm overtaken by actual cyclists every time.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Annoying job advert demand #341

"Must have good sense of humour."

WTF?! How the hell is that fair? It's subjective, unnecessary for job performance, and how the hell would you attest to that in an application? Then there's the possibility that your humour simply isn't suitable for the workplace.

Rabbit Hill posted:

Why do I always wake up right before the best part of a dream? Why?

This also happens if you are awoken by an external noise so maybe it's just something to do with how the brain works.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

pussy riot police posted:

I read that as "Must be willing to tolerate racist and / or sexist jokes"

Hmm....there's a thought. I always interpret it as enjoying crappy, sanitised workplace humour or something.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Nettles Coterie posted:

Brand new pet peeve: when you see people in Facebook's "people you may know" feature who you think you were Facebook friends with before, and you have to puzzle out if you're just remembering wrong and should add them, or if they de-friended you at some point.

I just want to be able to get rid of that feature full stop. I can't even cross them out any more.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

9 mins
8 mins
1 mins
Lol gently caress you, the bus was never coming.

Buses not coming is annoying obviously but what's worse is when the electronic timetables basically lie that they are particularly in a bus station where you could have gotten an alternative bus and not been so drat late.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

DarkCrawler posted:

Writing with a pen is my pet peeve. Since these days about 98% of my writing is on a computer the remaining two percent is always a disaster and starts hurting my hand after a while.

It's 2016, the longest thing thing I should need a pen for is my signature :colbert:

Same here. Additionally, my writing is terrible. I sacrificed neatness for speed and then lost the speed. I get hand pain pretty quickly so you can imagine how annoying a written application form is; especially one from a few years which wanted paragraphs written in block capitals.

---

Having somehow not dealt with employment agencies for such a long time I had forgotten just how annoying they were. I registered with one last week and must have written out my personal details more than 5 times. Mail merge for gently caress sake! You'll only need my signature then.

Then there was the agency who contacted me by e-mail.....to say that they couldn't contact me :bang:
And another one who didn't even bother with the e-mail.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

MisterBibs posted:

People who don't have their orders ready when they get to the front of the line at a fast food place.

"Okay, so we'll have a Meal 1 (oh wait, does that include this and that? No? Okay, so we'll have This and That, and a burger (wait, I want mayo, make that a This with mayo), and then :words: :words: :words:"

The dude always seems appreciative when I'm next, and all I want is a plain cheeseburger and a small fry.

In fairness the menu in every McDonalds I've ever been in was at the front and could be hard to see especially if there's another queue in the way. My annoyance with McDonalds is them not telling you what's in their stuff. I was halfway through ordering a wrap when I noticed the picture of said wrap on the wall appeared to have a piece of tomato in it. Dodged a bullet. I have no idea why people like tomatoes; they look loving alien.

Also, I've complained before about food being discontinued including the bacon cheeseburger and what have MacDonalds have brought out recently? The bacon lettuce and chicken! Why not just replace one the burgers in a double cheeseburger with the bacon slices? And leave the gherkins out because gently caress them.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Thin Privilege posted:

I'm sure it's been said a billion times already but people who play their music super loud on the train/bus/restaurant/whatever public place.

BUT this time they have external speakers for their phone or a boom box and are blasting their music. I have 30 more minutes of this poo poo. And it's that women by female singers that supposed to be ~inspiring~ for sad girls. "Ur so beatifidul inside" *overused song pattern*

God I hate all of these songs. I should counter- blast TOOL: FUUUUCK YOU BUDDY!!! (Those are the lyrics)

I once got stuck in a traffic jam on a crowded bus with a guy who wouldn't stop singing...and he did so loudly and crappily. The bastard was drowning out my music and I was listening to death metal.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

"Practice makes perfect" mostly because I don't seem to have actually improved at anything in a long time. My typing speed hasn't improved in 10 years and isn't good anyway, ditto for my tablet which I've had for 2.5 years. In some things, especially video games, any improvement seems completely arbitrary and can disappear and never come back on an equally nonsensical basis.

mostlygray posted:

loving focus people! It's not hard. You can play with your device while having a conversation. Device/book=eyes and hands. Conversation=mouth and ears. You have a variety of physical features that allow you to do two things at once. My grandfather could do sudoku while reading the paper, watching a soccer match on the TV with the sound off, listen to polka on his stereo, and have a conversation at the same time. Just try. It works.

I used to be able to multitask like this but seem to have simply lost the ability. In fact my concentration in general has declined seriously. It took several minutes to compose this message because I was paying more attention to things I have no interest in anyway.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

docbeard posted:

I have a whole litany of peeves about public transit/peoples' behavior on same

Same here.

- Idiots opening the window right next to them even though they can't possibly feel the airflow especially in winter. The people 4 rows behind thank you for the pneumonia you bastards.

- Extremely fat people trying to sit next to me when there are pairs of empty seats. Even if there weren't they could at least try sitting next to someone who doesn't have a ton of shopping.

- Complete fucktards standing at the front of a crowded bus and not moving back when more people board. The driver should not have to turn around 5 times and tell you to get back. FFS even wild animals can organise themselves better than this.

cyberia posted:

I have no problem with Christmas but Christmas carols can gently caress right off. I don't need to hear them in every shop, taxi, restaurant, and office I walk into from December 1st onwards.

Indeed. I don't like music in the street or shops anyway. It always drowns out what I'm listening to myself. I need some IEM earphones.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Speaking of technology peeves I'm sick of my tablets volume control. It occasionally "corrects" to a much lower volume and the controls themselves tend to be unresponsive as all hell. There was also a phase where the music volume would not adjust until it was playing. In this circumstance volume control would only control notification volume which I didn't want anyway.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

People leaving the bus windows open in winter. The is particularly stupid as the air flow doesn't even affect the seat next to it instead blowing directly onto people on the other side of the bus.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

BattyKiara posted:

My upstairs neighbour orders a lot of take away. Which is fine, none of my business. However, the delivery person likes to drive around with insanely loud music. Mostly techno music. We are talking the kind of loud that makes his car vibrate here. Yo can hear him coming several blocks away. So in reality it's 30-45 minutes of insanely loud music with the added bonus of rattling car. You hear this noise machine arrive, then it is parked outside while he takes the food in, motor and music running of course, and then driving away again. Try this up to 12 times a week. ARGH!!!

People who drive through residential areas with loud music on should be sentenced to death by loving rat chamber. Is there no applicable noise pollution legislation or something? Surely the police would have a bone to pick with it being THAT loud. Then again I heard of a case where it took 2 years and 80 confirmed noise incidents to evict someone so I doubt anyone will actually do anything about a guy in a car in a timely manner if at all.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

I'd have complained about the "How are you?" thing as well but thankfully I don't interact the same strangers regularly enough for that problem to show up anymore. There's still plenty of other pointless pleasantries to be annoyed by including "pleased to meet you" which makes no sense. Wait until the end of the interaction and say "it was nice meeting you"; it's still a distasteful sentiment but at least there's been something to have an opinion of even if you're lying.

I'm sick of websites demanding information that they do not need. When I registered my Roku account it attempted to railroad me into giving payment information by pretending it was an essential part of the registration process. In fact, the account was created by just giving an email address and password and if you log in, you be taken to the payment page but this time you'll have the option of skipping it. Also, the email I keep getting advertising coding courses says to download their ebook but the linked page will not let you until you give them your contact details including phone numbers. Motherfucker just let me read your prospectus then if you have something I want you'll get my contact details otherwise you won't need them.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

My Lovely Horse posted:

A while ago I posted about my Netflix pet peeve - how it started playing the movie in the background when I opened its menu entry, rather than when I chose Play. Sometimes I just want to know more about the movie or who's in it.

Well, they changed it. Now stuff starts playing when I linger on the menu entry too long. I'm eagerly awaiting the next update where presumably the Netflix app opens as soon as I turn on the PS4 and starts a random movie, and the one after that where a projector drone will follow me around and start showing me movies at times of its own choosing.

I have the same issue only I'm on Roku so the autoplay bullshit slows it down to the point of being inoperable for a short while.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

genetic_knockout posted:

Not a peeve per se, but it's really weird being called honey or sweetie by servers, etc. when they are far younger than you are

I don't like been referred to by affectionate labels by strangers in general. It seems presumptuous.

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I think this is what I really need. Everyone keeps crowing about the rubber, "noise canceling" earbuds, and they just don't do it for me.

Same here. I bought some a couple of weeks ago and they just haven't turned out to be a worthwhile purchase. I can hear my footsteps with them in, they were only effective in muffling outside noise the first two times using them, and some issue with my left ear means that the left ear bud stops sounding clear the instant I move slightly no matter what position or angle it's inserted.

Peeve: Job adverts asking for ambitious candidates, being asked by application forms and interviews to state what achievements make the suitable for the job, or being expected to take pride in work. No one who was actually ambitious would be applying for the type of work I do, it has no room for achievement, nor does it's successful completion merit pride. Getting a lower end job is one thing but the way they try to lower your standards is disgusting.....and unnecessary. Just because I'm not impressed by the ability to sort things in alphabetical order that doesn't mean I'm less inclined to do it properly.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

doverhog posted:

In Finland a customer service person doing this would be considered extremely rude, and it would be taken as a sign that you are either a crazy person, or are trying to be insulting on purpose.

I like Finland. Similarly, the one thing I like about Russia, other than the fact that I don't live there, is their distrust of smiling strangers (from what I've heard). It's a shame the UK is not like this as the job markets demand for friendliness and what they consider "people skills" is doing no favours for my employment prospects.

cyberia posted:

I have a pair of Sony earbuds that are the old, round style. I bought them at a music store for :10bux: a year or two ago and use them every day at work. I've previously had fancy and expensive brands like Klipsch but they eventually fall apart while the cheap Sonys seem like they're basically indestructible.

fake edit - These are the earbuds I have

I think my old earphones are the same model. They certainly look identical albeit grey and black. They lasted several years, far longer than any other pair. Sadly, old, good models keep disappearing. My Sony headphones from early 00's had good enough sound quality, felt incredibly light despite their size, had comfortable fabric ear padding, and a rubber overhead strap. I haven't seen any headphones that look nearly as comfortable for even 10 times the price.

Tiggum posted:

Also when they have questions on the application like "describe a time when you showed leadership" and the job is the absolute lowest rung in the company where you barely even have to interact with another human being, let alone lead anyone.

I despise all questions like this in general for many reasons. Some are simply extraneous like the one you mentioned, some I have the answers to just can't remember or can't articulate, and others I don't have any evidence of but can fulfill by virtue of not being a complete retard. I spent more than an hour the other week trying to explain in vain how I would be a good candidate for a job I could have probably done when I was 11.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

In job interviews and adverts some things take place in a weird order. In job adverts essential criteria for applying tend to be listed near the bottom sandwiched between unnecessary organisation history and equality and diversity crap. Never mind telling me the year you were founded just get to the loving point! Try beginning an advert with the essential criteria. If you don't meet them the rest of the ad is pointless. Obviously I just scan the advert but it still gets old pretty fast. One was 135kb because they just stupidly pasted their entire application form where there's normally just a few paragraphs and, of course, there was a table detailing 35 years of the organisation's history before the person specification.

Likewise, a recent impromptu phone interviewer, despite being told I was in a rush, insisted on running through a bunch of standard questions about criminal convictions, bankruptcy etc. before competency based questions rendered the rest of it completely pointless. And, if I'm in a rush I can't be standing around telling stories. This was the dumbest phone interview since the one who said "Tell me about yourself" (effectively telling me to recite the CV he had already received) 10 seconds after I told him it hurt to speak.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

yo rear end is grass posted:

Speaking of job interviews, "What are your hobbies and interests?"

Also, being asked to explain to how said hobbies make me more suitable for the job. Oh yeah, let me tell you about all my recreational filing and invoice coding!

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Another +1 for the Netflix complaints. There should really be options for that bullshit and preferably accessible in the app itself. Also I swear it used to play an episode from the beginning if your current progress was in the end credits. It doesn't do that anymore and the option to do that is in the menu you have to go back to access because of the autoplay bullshit.

The YouTube app on Roku stick is even more annoying. Trying to go backwards or forwards in a video is far too slow because it takes 2 seconds to respond to a single button press and in short videos this only cause 5 seconds of movement. Trying to fast forward through longer videos would literally take minutes and requires tens or hundreds of button presses which is waste of remote battery. The real crowning achievement of the design is the fast forward and fast rewind(?) having the same functionality as the normal forward and backward buttons.

Dailymotion's worse. The search gives (I think) only 7 results and none of them were from the channel name I typed in.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Wheat Loaf posted:

You get a CD album and the last track's 15 minutes, because there's about 10 minutes of silence in the middle with the hidden track at the end. Hidden tracks are fine on vinyl where you might leave the record spinning on the last track but in the other formats (particularly an mp3 you might have on iTunes or something) it strikes me as a bit pointless.

One of mine has something hidden at the beginning. I'd had it for a year and listened to it a ton of times without knowing it even existed. It's not even music but it's weird to have content that is virtually unaccessible.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Noctone posted:

Even worse is when they keep advertising literally the exact item you just bought.

Similarly, ads for job websites I've just been on. Yeah, that's what I want to see after my job search is finished(!). They follow me around loving everywhere.

I'm also sick of suggested pages on Chrome. For some baffling reason you have to access a special page to turn them off which doesn't work for me. The suggestions are based on what I've only looked at once and reappear on new tabs even after I've dismissed them. What part of "gently caress off" don't they understand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Thrifting Day! posted:

When auto correct changes perfectly legitimate words for no apparent reason.

Earlier it changed 'design' to 'decision' and 'apparently' to 'attacking'

?

I'm constantly getting this as well. My tablet is also inconsistent about correcting things and sometimes appears to be somehow resisting my attempts to delete a character​ typed in error. Other tablet peeves:

- the volume control not responding because it is too busy trying to load the thing whose(?) volume I want to change

- the back or stop browser buttons not working because it's too busy trying to do the thing I want to stop.

- tabs still being there when I reopen Chrome. There does not seem to be an option to get rid of this and I keep forgetting to manually close the tabs myself.