Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I cut the entire bottom out of my bin and flipped it over so it's basically just a frame for holding bags and it's way easier. Instead of lifting the bag out, I can just lift the bin up and away from the bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I think people are getting Rice Krispies confused with Cocoa Krispies or something.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

As somebody that is currently eating Cap'n Crunch, I agree.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I hate it when I finish eating something and then someone asks me how it was. Like... it was a sandwich. The sandwich functioned correctly. It tasted like the things that you could see as plainly as I could.

Whenever people start doing food opinion things, I just tell them I don't have a sense of taste.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I don't like dealing with restaurant bullshit or tipping so I haven't set foot in a restaurant in 14 years. Being constantly harassed by staff sucks but you can just not go.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Danaru posted:

"How's everyone's meal so far?"
"WAITER YOU HAVE UNNECCESSARILY ENGAGED ME IN UNSANCTIONED AND UNNECESSARY CONVERSATION I WILL NOT STAND FOR BEING TRESPASSED AGAINST LIKE THIS" *tries to flip table, shits self in anger*

basically this except i'm at home by myself and an owl plushie is playing the part of the waiter

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

People that write forum posts and e-mails like this . . . is there a name for it . . . what makes people do it . . . how do they go their whole lives without noticing that it's not how people normally write . . . do they write everything like this or is it just when they use the Internet . . . how much does it cost to deworm a donkey . . . sometimes when you tell people that not using sentences or line breaks makes their posts hard to read they will deny writing this way even as they continue to do it in their reply . . .

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

My third grade teacher gave me an F on a writing assignment for referring to my grandfather's dog as "he" instead of "it". A few years later she got killed by a horse.

Don't let this happen to you.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

It's stupid as hell and nobody actually talks like that, but in school I was taught that it was grammatically wrong to call an animal something other than it. Everyone knew it made no sense, but that was what was in the book so that was what we had to do. The ESL books probably resulted from them consulting English teachers instead of English speakers.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

My Steam still has the list and grid views, but doesn't look like that. Are they rolling out different clients to different countries or something?

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Leavemywife posted:

We got a new dog recently, and I cannot figure out why she won't pee outside, but is totally cool with coming inside and pissing on the rug.

What happens if you put the rug outside?

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I don't sneeze very loudly, so sometimes when I cough people think it was a small sneeze and say "bless you". I have no idea why this even slightly bothers me, but I hate it. >:(

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

It shouldn't even be possible to overflow a toilet no matter how clogged it is unless it's a uniquely terrible design or they are intentionally sabotaging it for fun.

Source: I take consistently massive dumps due to only pooping once every 2-3 days and when I completely clog the hell out of the toilet there's still no way to make the water go past the level of the flush passages.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

just use the mobile website

This is good advice for watching on a desktop too. So much less bullshit in the way.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Pizza ads are the worst. Nickelodeon Gak lookin' cheese and the whole pizza looks like it's been dunked in mineral oil. Who the gently caress is conditioned to find that appealing? What are they even trying to do?

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I'm in my 30s and still have no idea how baseball works because every time I ask what's going on people think it's hilarious to make up a bunch of Calvinball bullshit instead of explaining what just happened.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Bigger peeve: people calling it a ruh-SEE cup.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

sephiRoth IRA posted:

What troglodyte-infested warren do you live in where they call “ree” as “ruh”?

They don't look at the letters in the word.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Not a peeve, just a Halloween tip: give out anything other than candy. Candy on Halloween is unremarkable, but last year I gave out glowsticks and flashlights that were $5 for a 20 pack and all of the kids loved that poo poo.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Iron Crowned posted:

but you also gave out candy right?

yes but i poison it all with satan-pills

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

"What kind of battery does this use?"

"IT'S MADE IN CHINA gently caress YOU"

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

The self checkouts I see have everything labeled in braille, but there's no way to actually pay without selecting things from a touch screen. Why is there a touch screen? Why not just let people insert whatever they are using to pay?

And of course the voice on it is so loud that you have to drop whatever is in your hands and cover your ears whenever it talks.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Every person I've known that outright dislikes pizza has been from the east coast, and I never thought much of it until I visited New York and all of the pizza had sauce that was loaded with sugar. Sugar doesn't go there, what the gently caress.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I had a teacher that ended two thirds of her sentences by tacking on the word "quick" and wouldn't believe that she was doing it until somebody recorded it.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

My phone has been on do not disturb for almost two years. If I take it off do not disturb, it basically vibrates 24/7 from spam calls. I've completely given up on using my phone as a phone. Changing my number several times hasn't helped at all.

I just opened my history and counted, 23 calls in the past 60 minutes. I have no idea how anybody that actually needs to be able to be contacted by phone could deal with this.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Is there a setting/app that will let me shut off anything related to my phone number and use my phone as data only? I don't have IRL friends so my phone number is nothing but a vector for shooting spam into my phone.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Drivers that seem to never, ever shift out of first gear. Just cruisin' around town at a safe and reasonable speed with their 140 decibel engine with no exhaust pipe left bouncing off the rev limiter.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

People paying for stuff with cash sucks in general. You're slowing down the line for no reason and you're at a store, not a bank.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

The Walmart I go to is almost all self checkouts, the scales are disabled because they never work, and there is never an employee looking at the checkouts instead of being stuck endlessly stocking shelves because there are like four people for the whole loving store. Punch in some vaguely believable numbers and go.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

People that complain about anyone complaining about language. "It's just the local dialect!!" Okay... no poo poo. It's not like I'm traveling 1000 miles and then complaining that people talk funny. I've lived in the same region my whole life and I still hear things that sound stupid to me or are downright difficult for me to parse as a sentence.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

When you're on the phone with customer service and they give you a URL to go to or something to enter into a form, you set down the phone to type, and they just KEEP loving TALKING. I can't hear you! How many hands do you think I have? Have you ever seen a keyboard before?

Dip Viscous has a new favorite as of 14:43 on Dec 9, 2019

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

There's too much background noise for them to understand me over speakerphone. Buying a headset would work... or they could just hold on for a second when I ask them to please hold on for a second.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Tiggum posted:

If you go to the trouble of telling them anyway, they will do absolutely nothing with that information.

Or they will find a way to use it against the driver and get them in trouble for wasting time being courteous.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

"Thanks in advance" and "cheers" should both result in an autoban. If you're going to make disingenuous shitposts, at least make it look real.

Edit: Not just on these forums, in real life too. You're banned. I ban you.

Edit 2: Actually, not on these forums at all, just in real life. Thanking me in advance implies that you expect me to do it for some reason, or that it's a fake request that's really a demand. Go gargle my poo poo, cheers.

Dip Viscous has a new favorite as of 11:16 on Dec 13, 2019

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Whatever happened to the grand old tradition of flinging cups of ice water at people that block the views of others at movies and games?

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I still write notes on paper, but I keep the notes with me in a memo pad so that they can actually be used as notes instead of scattering them throughout the house. An address I wrote down doesn't do me any good if it's on a piece of paper on my nightstand 30 miles away.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I've never understood why phones don't just refuse to record video if the phone is being held the wrong way. Or make the sensor a bit larger so it always records correctly regardless of which way the phone is being held.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

"Coleslaw (from the Dutch term koolsla meaning 'cabbage salad')"

Going to have to agree that it can't be a cabbage salad without cabbage, even though in my region I'm more used to the defining ingredient being destroying the poo poo out of it with a gallon of mayonnaise.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

YOU SEE A COWORKER STEALING. DO YOU

tell your manager
join in
burn down the store
do nothing

I've applied at places that will fail you if you pick all of the obviously correct answers. "LOL, you're just telling me what I want to hear." No poo poo, rear end in a top hat. Why did you ask, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

My cursive is decently readable, but I've never been able to do it faster than regular printing because we were all forced to learn to write the letters in a very specific way with lots of flowery poo poo and pointless loops.