Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
People who don't know how to loving MERGE when driving! Zipper, you assholes! It's not three cars jet in for every one on the highway! One at a loving time. And no, honking your horn and trying to ride into the other car is not viable either.

When you make plans and the other person flakes out. Look, if your husband decided he wanted to see a movie and he hates seeing them alone and wants you to come, great! But when you've already made plans with me and then won't loving say plans have changed, so I wait around and keep texting you to see what is going on, just tell me! It's disappointing but better than waiting around for your call when you're running late or won't show up at all.

Guys who joke about menstruation and how gross it is and how women just need to stop talking about it. Hey rear end in a top hat, if your dick started leaking once a week for a month, and you got bad cramps, and people kept laughing about you having PMS, you know what won't help you? Being told to orally please a lady. I swear my guy friends bitch about their wives on their periods and how 'they can still suck me off!' so much. Do they want me to agree with them? How does anyone over the age of 16 think this is acceptable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Stores (especially loving banks) where it's cheaper for them to have customers walk out due to hour long lines than open another loving till. It's payday Friday you assholes, OPEN a second window! But no, businesses are so frantic to keep payroll down they don't mind a line of 10 people.

We only have so many covered parking spots at work, and every few months one of the second shifters has this great idea to hold a potluck voting for one of the places. But everyone works such varied shifts that if you did win, someone else could use the spot still, and shifts overlap, and management isn't going to make someone stop working to move their car, so it's pointless. It's also something loving stupid, like chili contest, or a Only Red Food thing, or penguin-themed, and then everyone votes on the dish they like the best, and that person gets the space! Really?

Along those lines, company surveys and meetings where they want you to throw out ideas for team rewards BUT we can't get gift cards or a raise and we can't go any outside of work activities and again, since everyone works different schedules we can't do anything otherwise, oh, and we can't spend any money on even simple poo poo like pizza. So...what kind of reward do we get for being number 1 in the country again? A little plaque with a gold star? Along those lines my boss wants to do a team photo, but again, different schedules and work days, so his idea is for everyone to drive to the main base on a loving Saturday, show up by 8am, and do a few group pictures. And no, we won't get paid for it.

As for coldcalls, I've been getting poo poo from bloodbanks for over a year. But every time I check out their sites to donate, the nearest donation point is 20 miles away. They used to to a ton of events right by my house, or by the nearby stadium or outlet mall, but now everything's miles away and in a loving tiny church or a grade school cafeteria. Telling them NO doesn't work. Asking for them to bring back the old sites doesn't work. And they call at loving 9pm at night to set up blood donations appts! Some of us work in the early morning, rear end in a top hat!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
"I want your honest opinion about this."

"It's okay. Needs work. XYZ don't make much sense to me-"

"AH OH MY GOD YOU ARE NEVER SUPPORTIVE! WHY CAN'T YOU BE SUPPORTIVE! YOU'RE ALWAYS LIKE THIS, ALWAYS NITPICKY AND INFLEXIBLE!"

If you don't want an honest opinion WHY DO YOU ASK.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Furrbabies.

No, gently caress you. They are my CATS.

Petsmart has a new thing now with ads how having a pet is just like having a furry kid. A poster of a woman holding a cat declaring the order in her house is cat, her, then husband, but shhhh don't tell her husband!

I love my cats and snakes and all my pets. But call them furrbabies and I will think you loving insane.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
People who don't understand sales.

Sale price $1 each, sale ends 4/20/15

Usual price $4 each.

On 4/28/15 how many loving people do I have to hear whine about the sale being over and they wish they were TOLD it was just a sale and not standard pricing! When the loving ad says SALE.

Along those lines, people who don't get supply and demand: when you have a LOT of X, you charge less to move X along. Less X, more money for X.

Idiots on social media who call out other people and, when they get a reply to their insults, insist the insultee 'take the high road and not make this public.' Bitch, you posted up a huge thing to the 'homewrecker' who your husband hosed and made it public and expect him not to reply to it?

And cunts who start every conversation with "I'm on a budget! I DON'T WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF," while looking at me expectantly as if they think those words will open a treasure vault of deals. rear end in a top hat, NO ONE wants to overpay, no one wants to get ripped off, this isn't loving Harry Potter and saying a spell won't change poo poo!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

grittyreboot posted:

I've stopped reading articles on my phone because they always have that pop up that begs you to subscribe with the X button that doesn't work, is microscopic, or both.

Really pop ups are annoying in general. If I like what I see, then I'll bookmark it. Stop harassing me.

Cracked is horrible for this poo poo. No, fuckers, I will subscribe when you stop bombarding me with CLICK HERE TO GET ON OUR NEWSLETTER poo poo.

People who respond to the truth of the day with what day is it for them. IE, today is Friday. But someone at work will pip up that it's their Thursday. NO, fucker, it's Friday. It's not my Friday, your Thursday, his Sunday and her Halloween. IT IS ONE loving DAY OF THE WEEK. Then again you can mostly tell the whiners who have never had to work weekends because that's how the days go to them.

Also a huge peeve when someone says that they're busy, and then all you get are beeps from Facebook that they've gone up in levels on some game over and over, or they're posting various poo poo nonstop. You are not a 'social blogger warrior.' If you can't hang out because you're at the hospital, loving say so, don't flood my page with idiotic THANK GOD TODAY memes and game invites.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
We took in three foster kittens a little over a week ago that were underweight, and our rescue tech didn't give us much info about feeding other than the babies could eat wet canned food and were weaned but we could give kitten milk if we wanted. So over the weekend when one of the babies wasn't gaining weight, I emailed her several times asking if we were giving enough formula/kitten milk and how much she needed each time, and didn't get a reply until 8am loving today. The kitten just died ten minutes ago. So maybe getting the right loving info when I asked would have saved her life. Maybe not.

So the peeve would be not being loving avaliable when you SAY YOU ARE EVERY loving DAY. And when you take a weekend off, loving have a replacement set up because two loving days is a long time when you have a sick animal!

I understand the need for personal time but all I needed was a loving feed chart to go off from and Roomba might have made it.

Less upset peeve, people who won't drop the subject when it's over. A guy at work today kept whining about the Waco shootings and how he doesn't get what biker gangs shoot things for. He was told it was probably a territory dispute, or something between illegal gun running or drugs but even as we tried to move to another topic he spent the next ten minutes whining that he doesn't understand and seriously dude? You don't get why people doing illegal organized crime might shoot a place up?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Irish Joe posted:

People who adopt baby kittens without knowing how to care for them.

I hope this wasn't a dig at me since these are foster kittens left at a shelter and I work in a cat rescue. It's not like I just ran off with three underweight kittens.

Peeve: people who come to the rescue adoption events and are aghast the kittens are spayed/neutered already because they wanted to breed them and make tons of money from Siamese kittens. Do people seriously not understand what a loving rescue or kill-shelter is?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Who the gently caress decides to hold loving ComicCon in loving MAY in Phoenix?

100+ temperatures in costume. Sounds great.

Also, gently caress meetings on Fridays. Hey Cowslips you worked 8 hours without a lunch, why not stay an extra hour so we can talk about safety? And then in four weeks everyone meets on a Saturday to discuss safety too! Awesome! Any reason why we can't loving conference call this poo poo?

And when "freedom of speech" becomes slang for "I will be a racist shitheel and you can't tolerate my intolerance!" There is a loving Draw Mohammed contest going on tonight in front of a loving mosque during the evening prayer. The organizer, who has been interviewed by every local news station, insists he doesn't hate "those people" but he is going to draw out ISIS members while he shows off his freedom of speech. He also advises everyone to come armed.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
"These two snakes are probably gravid. The female mice are all probably pregnant."

"DO YOU GUARANTEE IT?"

No, fucker, that is why the word PROBABLY is in the ad!

I was selling feeder mice and a few snakes recently, and in both ads I put in that the females are probably gravid or pregnant; my female mice are kept with males all the time and females go back into estrus after labor. The two female snakes were conditioned and put in with males for a month. But there's no loving 100% on either. So I used 'probably' in both ads, and after selling the snakes, I got a pissed buyer screaming that I ripped him off because neither girls are gravid. I repeated that they probably were, he even SAID they looked it when he inspected them, and in no way did I hide the fact that gasp, sometimes breedings don't make fertile eggs. I wonder if I would have gotten a call later had both been gravid but no eggs hatched. The mice, same story: some asshat demanded I guarantee that every female I sold him was pregnant. I told him they probably were but you want a loving ultrasound on them? PROBABLY. PROBABLY PREGNANT.

I imagine these people are super awesome in retail interactions. "DO YOU GUARANTEE I WILL HAVE A NICE DAY?"

Work related but people who gently caress up addresses and get pissed when I don't take a guess. Sorry fucker, 17027 is NOT the same as 10707. I will not drop off a package at the latter when you mean the former. And I won't guess that just because the business names are the same that is where it loving goes! The second I start saying "well I thought this was where it went" is the second I get fired or written up. No. Check your addresses people!

"You should have" poo poo. A guy I know hit up an aquarium trade post to ask if anyone had a spare pond filter he could buy, his had just died. The first reply was "you should have kept a backup on hand, I always keep a backup of everything on hand, you should too.' Wow, thanks for helping? "My car just died, anyone know a good mechanic that comes to your house?" "You should always have a good mechanic/plumber/lawyer on call, I do, you should too!"

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 11:08 on Jun 11, 2015

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Murphy Brownback posted:

I do this if I get a text when I'm driving. I'd rather just call you instead of trying to text and getting pulled over.

My most recent peeve is delivery companies refusing to leave a package unattended. DHL is the most stubborn about it. No matter how many times I fill out their little form online asking them to just leave it in front of the door they won't do it - even if it'll fit in my mailbox, they "can't". They always come at around noon-1pm, only on weekdays, so I have to practically take the whole day off to accept the package. At least the regular post office will leave a note saying to come to the post office to pick it up. Please DHL, just do it, I promise I won't come after you for a refund if it gets stolen.

I work for a delivery courier company. A lot of the times the sender puts on Signature Needed and we can't overrride that. What sucks is that our delivery window is pretty much 9am to 5pm, when most people are at work. Now, I work early morning, so sometimes lucky people see me pull in at 6 or 7am with their package, which surprises them, but I want the drat things out of my van as soon as possible.

Not sure about the mailbox, I know in here at least we don't get mailbox keys, so there is no way to cram it in there.

There is, at least in the US, an option to leave the package at a store for pickup; I've had several boxes shipped in to me and I have them held at a Fedex store near my house so I can pick it up after work.

Peeve related to the above: bad addresses or incomplete ones! If you are sending a box somewhere to a residence, ask if they live where a gate code is needed. To a business, put the loving business name and suite number on the label! Trying to find Jane Speedway at a random address means poo poo all when that address is a 20 story business building. isn't happening. Also, no, I will NOT call someone to ask for the gate code, half the time they think they are giving it to a thief so they refuse.

I also don't call people because I'd have to use my cell phone, I don't have an unblocked company phone, and I don't want my cell phone number floating around. I used to, until I had several people call me at all hours wanting deliveries expedited. Trying to explain I was off the clock and this was my cell number resulted in screams about me having poor customer service skills.

I've done a few deliveries where the customer expects me to unload the boxes in a certain way. As in, all the boxes marked Labelled Books go in the living room, all the boxes marked Kitchen go in the hallway, all the boxes marked Here Be Dragons go in the garage. No, sorry. I drop the boxes off in ONE area and you move the rest. I am not a moving company, I'm a courier. The only time I make an exception to this is when the customer is old (I've done a few deliveries to nursing homes and I loving insist on putting the 50 pound boxes somewhere out of the way, since half the time the staff would have to move them after I leave) or clearly needs help.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I had to take my boss in to the shop today so he could pick up a van. I took a longer way than the straight highway, because the exit we needed would have been a full loving four lanes over, where another highway merged. My boss bitched that we took the long way, that the highway would have been faster, and when I told him how bad the merge was, and this is in a part I drive every day, and he never does, he insisted taking the main highway would have been faster.

Admit when you're wrong. Or at the very least thank me for helping you, don't bitch when I don't do it your way when it's out of MY way to do at all.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The final minutes of a meeting that has gone 30 minutes over already. And the head asks if there are any questions.

THE ANSWER IS NO. THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS NO. KEEP YOUR loving HANDS DOWN.

Ask later! Ask the boss about this one-off situation that applies ONLY to you later! We do not all need to listen to your theories about delivery efficiency and gas prices. Stop talking, shut the gently caress up!

"Are there any questions?" when said at the end of the meeting should always be NO.

But there is always some jerkass who has a question that spirals into another twenty. No, we can't just cancel orders if we call the customer and ask if there are any. We DO in fact have to drive over to check, because the customer's contract states we don't get paid for the attempt if we are not physically there to check it out. No, stop making up variables that will never happen, like BUT WHAT IF we are SUPER busy and missing this one stop means we can deliver the human tissue sample on time and save a life! What if we cancel this stop and break the contract but we end up winning the lottery? WHAT IF.

You have your answer, stop trying to find a way around it!

Also, people who inflate their worth. "I might be this BUT I AM ALSO AWESOMELY THIS."

One of the drivers is/was in the police volunteer ranks and is training to be a cop. He is also trained as a first responder. So when out on a delivery last night, he witnessed two cars crashing on the highway. In our uniform, in our branded vehicle, which is NOT related to first responders at all, he raced over to the scene and helped the people out of their cars, taking time to call our dispatch and relay that he was "at the scene of the incident. Two cars collided and spun into the highway divider. No fatalities noted." And completely failed to mention he WAS NOT IN THE loving ACCIDENT. So the dispatcher freaked out, called the main base, called the manager on duty, who is a calm fellow now turned half insane thinking one of our drivers might have been injured bad, and then someone called our direct boss to tell him a driver had been injured in a two-car collision...and the dude is just chilling at the scene and chatting up the police that came to help. It was some time later before people realized he was in fact okay. Because he "turned into his first responded training."

You are working for a loving delivery company! You ARE NOT A COP. loving stop acting like it ...and he had the smirk to be half embarrassed that he caused so many people to rightfully worry because his training "just took over." Right. He could have paralyzed people because he isn't a loving EMT and the cars were out of the way and not going to explode, but he had to get involved and explain everything in the meeting in great detail. The manager on duty was less than happy to see him basking in this glory.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The goon in the well analogy works all over all paths of life.

I need it on a T Shirt.

In short, when you ask for advice and people point out the flaw in your plan, listen to the flaws, don't barge ahead because your mind is made up.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The backhanded compliment where you are denied a raise, promotion, or transfer because "if you left here, we'd have to hire two people to replace you." So the job goes to someone else who does less so it's easier to replace him.

The gently caress do you say to poo poo like that? Thanks? Thanks for telling me I am so awesome and giving the spot I've been trying to get for seven years waiting for some old batshit to retire to a brand new guy who is hated by everyone because he's a loving creeper and only talks/whispers to female employees while standing almost on them and breathing right on them?

If you can't be replaced you can't be promoted.

Bonus Peeve: being asked in an interview what you will do if you don't get the promotion, and the manager/interviewer asking you more than once because he wants to be loving sure you said you would do still what you normally do while feeding you the lines if you indicate otherwise, you could lose your job entirely.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
People who leave out huge details in their stories to make themselves look better.

Coworker is super guilty of this. "SO I got written up for leaving 10 minutes early! Everyone does that, the manager is out to get me!" But no one else leaves early. And yes, you leaving 20 minutes early because "we're slow" WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE OR ASKING THE MANAGER is a write-up offense!

"My son was suspended for threatening the principal! My god, it's PC gone mad!" Except for the fact her kid was kicked out of class for being disruptive, refused to go see the principal, and when they finally dragged him in, he told the guy in a very cold voice that he wasn't afraid of him, but the principal SHOULD be afraid of the kid. Yes. Suspend that fucker and teach your son some loving discipline.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Having a good dinner and everyone enjoying themselves when a member of the party sighs loudly and says he's depressed because of the Boy Scouts. When asked, because of course he wants someone to ask why, he laments that now gay men can openly serve and it's just like letting a grown man supervise girls because all gay men want to gently caress boys just like most men want to gently caress teenage girls. Most.

Way to kill the party, rear end in a top hat. Everyone was chatting up weekend plans and summer vacation and plans for next month and the dude drops this. Right across from a girl he doesn't know is a lesbian, and she said nothing because she was trying to keep everything civil. Someone changed the subject and when the dude realized no one wanted to hear more from him, he muttered a bit and was thankfully quiet.

The gently caress do you want to discuss a topic like that in goddamn public for? Can we hear your views on abortion next?

Re: dick pics. Unless you have that dragon tattoo penis, most of them look pretty similar. So it's always funny how that's one of the first questions asked. gently caress, I was on a lesbian dating site and got close to 20 messages a week from men who "wanted to show me not all men are pigs and I am a Nice Guy and love to eat out a woman's pussy." Uh. Thanks? Bonus points for the dude who sent a description of his dick.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Aerofallosov posted:

I had a co-worker at the IT office who loved burned popcorn as a snack. The NOC had poor ventilation. I told him to stop because it was stanking all of us. :|

My mom's work has a policy where no one can keep fish in the fridge or pretty much any kind of seafood. I think the next step is to ban popcorn.

Peeve: people who are late and get pissy when you call them on it. Now, I don't mean a minute or two late, but if we agree to meet at 4pm and you show up at 420, yes, I have a right to be ticked. You can call, rear end in a top hat. You can even text! gently caress, I once waited for someone for a drat hour before he called to say he got into a movie and forgot we were meeting up.

Does your boss let you skate by if you're a few minutes late? Maybe. An hour? I doubt it.

People who borrow your things, break them, and put them back like they found them that way. I've had several chargers and cords at work busted or outright snapped, and the pieces quickly shoved back into the locker as if I broke them myself and just forgot?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Strudel Man posted:

...I thought it was his hazing/initiation rite or something like that. Not that he was doing it by choice.

Did they force him to? Hold a gun to his head? Then no, it was a choice he made.

How much alcohol has to be involved for the dude to think oral from a dead pig is a good idea?

Peeve: people who refuse to carpool. Our parking lot is barely large enough to handle all of the people who work in the complex. But twice a month there are sector-wide meetings there, so every manager from every store pours in, leaving no parking spaces for anyone else. They've been asked to carpool, they've been told to carpool, and the reasons range from "we all drive from different places" to "I don't want strangers in my car." Well, Sherlock, I see one way to solve this! Since our stores are close together, everyone drives to the largest one and then piles into a rental van, OR into one of the many SUVs you fuckers drive.

Last night some smart sign designer set out blockades around several spots, stating these were for employees of the complex only. There were no less than six managers who came close to screaming at my boss that they have no right to limit parking and they need a place to park and if they get towed for parking in the back alley (which is a fire lane) they expect him to cover the cost.

Seriously you bitches, carpool. The meetings are eight loving hours! You get free lunch! Stop being a oval office and carpool! I wish I could loving carpool with anyone but no one lives my side of town who works anywhere close to my hours!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Any time there is a shooting, how fast the NRA leaps out and starts screaming about gun control being horrible, that someone is coming to Take Your Guns and that's how Hitler came to power and....

And there's a guy I used to be friends with who posts only that on Facebook now. That and how Sandy Hook was put on by actors. Pretty much every shooting ever has been a set up by paid actors.

How the gently caress do these people survive?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

When I got dragged to the first resident evil movie there was a man with 3-4 little kids. Probably under the age of 10 little. After the first scene where the woman jumps off the roof and dies the movie goes quiet as it transitions to the title screen. In that short break everyone in the theatre heard of the kids start crying and say "Dad I don't like this anymore" and the father hushing him loudly. Every so often you could hear the five year old whimper and the kids trying to get their dad to leave.

Parents like that should be dragged out of the theatre and beaten out back while their kids get to eat candy in the lobby.

Wasn't there a baby in that Colorado Dark Knight shooting? Like a two or three month old.

The grocery store by my house used to be 24/7. Now they cut back to close at midnight, and are closed even for overnight stocking. Because come 6am the store is packed with people trying to unload pallets. It's loving bizarre. Are you really saving any money when people come in to get donuts and find they can't get to the back of the store because of a loving pallet jack blocking the bakery aisle?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The idea that because I am a woman, if I disagree with a man, it's because I'm on the rag, I hate all men, I'm a bulldyke, I need to get hosed into a good mood, or I'm some fat worthless girl who henpecks her husband to spinelessness.

It can't just be a debate. It can't be that you're wrong. It's because I am a woman and you are a man and I just only act on emotion and can't understand logic.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Middle class to wealthy white men complaining that racism is really over and you're the real racist if you point something out. At ASU there's some stupid "blackout game" this weekend and last year a bunch of dumb fuckers painted their faces black to celebrate/show school spirit? Well clearly some frat white bros doing blackface is going to piss off some people, so this year no face paint, at all, any color. And everyone is bitching that it's the Liberal PC Police when there was nothing racist at ALL about painting your face and hands black to scream and cheer at a college football game.

Oh, it was some black students who complained last year? They must be racist.

When people mistype addresses for delivery. No, 1983 W FrankSucks Avenue is NOT the same as 1983 E FrankSucks Ave. That E and W are important! Along the same lines, someone shipping something to, say, Target. The address is 123 Assmar Dr. But 123 Assmar Dr is where I find a Walmart. Right address, wrong business. And marking it as Bad Address is wrong?

Oh and gently caress hospitals for not having better addresses for loving deliveries. Your compounds have a dozen buildings? THEN INCLUDE THAT poo poo ON YOUR LABEL. The boxes go to Maternity Receiving, versus General or Emergency Room Receiving? When the buildings are spread out by miles, loving label everything!

Another delivery peeve: fuckers who follow delivery vehicles in the holiday season, wait until they make a drop (no signature needed) and then run up to the door and steal the Amazon box for themselves. People, please have your presents Held at Location for Fedex or UPS or whatever. Or ship to your work! Don't leave it on the porch, we lose a lot of presents that way.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

mostlygray posted:

I know they are good for pest control and that they keep the elk and owl population down in ones house, but I still can't handle them. Every time I see one I jump up on a chair like a 1940's Warner Bros. housewife and scream. I'll catch a mouse bare handed and grab wasp by the wings but house centipedes are the devils spawn. It makes me feel sick just to think about them.

Wait, the elk and owl populations? How loving big are these house scorpions that they eat elk? Or does the mad scittering chase them and owls away?

Peeve: when you have one errand to run, and someone wants to tag along, but add on three to five more places to go. Uh, no. I am going out to get pizza. I am not going to the mall first, and then to get gas, and then to get the car washed. No.

Along that line, my mom always goes to one lovely car wash that she always complains about, but she goes every week! The wash is old, so it's super slow, the touch screen barely works, the water sprayer never gets the full back of her car, but she goes every week, always complaining and bitching about how lovely the wash is. It's like some love-hate relationship where she can't stop going. It's an addiction.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

What's great is when the doctors even get in on this poo poo. I've asked every doctor I've had whether a hysterectomy would be possible because of a host of not super serious but really loving terrible medical issues. One is that I bleed waaay more than you should on a period, like 10-15x more than you should. I've had to measure it and report to my doc and they were surprised I wasn't dying of anemia. My hormones are all over the place. I never want children but every single time I ask I just get told that I'll change my mind because all women want to have tonnes of babies and how could they deny me that? Even getting a non hormonal IUD in was a pain in the rear end because every doctor started screeching that I haven't had kids, what if something goes wrong and I can't have kids, I'm too young and should be thinking about having kids (I'm close to being 30 now).

And then a guy can walk into any clinic and get a vasectomy no problem. Ughh.

Depends on where he is. Lots of guys get the same poo poo about getting snipped.

I'd love to have a kid....if I won a lottery and got a few million bucks, enough to actually put money away for college and the like. But you can't win if you don't play, and since the last time I had sex with a guy was about 15 years ago, if I have a kid it'll be the next coming of Christ or someone put something in my drink.

Peeve: whiny fuckers who never admit they are wrong. A manager at work is well known for whining to EVERYONE he can, topics ranging from why other people won't do his work for him to why he can't get a bonus because of the work he isn't doing not getting done. I get the luck to run deliveries for this fuckstick. So as often in the past, the address he provides is a poo poo one. Literally it leads to an empty lot of dirt. I call dispatch to verify the address, they call the manager, and he whines that I am the ONLY driver that has problems with him, why can't I ever do deliveries right, why am I always making problems for him....for the dispatcher to tell him she checked the address; it is a dirt lot, the ball is in his court now but to stop whining and get the right info. I imagine he was whining to everyone in his store after that even the dispatcher is a oval office and never does what he says and always gives him grief.

You were wrong, asstard! Admit it and move on! Stop whining to everyone how everyone is against you and everyone makes your life hell.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Going "lean."

It's a new thing at work where someone high in corporate said hey, you fuckers don't need all the poo poo you got!

So we lost one computer in our main work area and have two. Only one has Net access, access to the timecard system, or any way to process work orders.

We lost four tables, which was where we did all the print paper finishing, binding, etc. Now there is a pallet of paper there, and the finishing stuff is on tiny tables set off to the side, and you have to walk around the loving pallet and through a major traffic area to get the actual work completed.

They yanked out all the scales in the shipping departments. I guess you're supposed to estimate the weight of everything you ship?

And soon we might lose one of our major color copiers and one of the black and whites. We have 2 of each.

Going lean is great if it meant we didn't lose half our poo poo!

People not using their loving headlights (NOT your brights, assholes!) when it's overcast. It's raining right now and amazing how many fuckers in gray vehicles don't have their lights on.

When companies post openings, but they already have someone picked out that already works there, but they are legally obligated to post the poo poo, so it wastes everyone's loving time!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I love Xmas, but it's just me and my mom, and the gifts are rarely a surprise. But it's still fun and small. I don't think I have time this year but next year I want to put up a Cat Xmas Tree.

Peeve: people who leave poo poo Yelp reviews, or bad reviews in general, about something the person/business in question has limited to no control over. Oh, this store gets 0 out of 5 stars because the line was 5 carts deep and only two registers open and a third would not magically open on Xmas loving Eve? This seller gets a bad rating because the box was lost in transit? No. Just no.,

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Well off older white men who whine that people these days are so goddamn oversensitive and it's a pity you can't call a spade a spade. You can't make fun of the weird kid or the creepy dude at work and PC LIBERAL poo poo IS RUINING THE WORLD.

The same guys I know also state that if you're still working fast food out of high school, and you want to get paid $15 an hour, you need to go to Home Depot, buy a rope, go home and hang yourself.

It's like, how do you even reply to that?

Peeve: motherfucking hospitals who make you stay for the entire day because your mom has a knee replacement surgery, and "just in case" you need to hang around for 8 loving hours. Look gents, if you're counting on me saving the day in case she flatlines, well, that's what we are paying YOU for. I am not a doctor and me chilling in that horrible waiting room for an entire day isn't going to help you!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

Eh. Even if that were true and those limits are for the lowest skilled drivers and most suicidally oblivious pedestrians imaginable (and they're not always), those people are still out there on the road with you regardless of your skill as a driver. You may think you can take the blind turn at 30 in a 15 mph zone but if the guy coming the opposite way can't then you're probably both hosed. Making standards with the worst case scenario in mind isn't always a terrible thing.

Anyway, for me, it's coming to a 4-way stop at the same time as someone else and the ensuing "be my guest, no you, please go, I'm fine you can go now, are you going" clusterfuck, followed by the subtle dance of each of you nosing out a little and stopping when you see the other guy try to go until you're both halfway out into the road.

Oh god both of these.

How about when four people are at the same stop, and one rear end in a top hat waves someone else forward, so the entire thing is thrown off, and everyone tries to go at once? NO FUCKER, take your turn, you aren't helping!

I hate lane leeches. The ones that pull into the merge lane and stay there. For miles. Look, if you want to stay there, fine, but when the next exit-entrance ramp comes up, YOU LET PEOPLE THE gently caress ON. SPEED UP OR SLOW THE gently caress DOWN! Don't maintain a speed to block people off and then get pissed when they push on. And other drivers, use your loving signal when you want to merge!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I used to work at Petsmart. The bad poo poo you saw on the floor does not compare to the poo poo in what they called the Sick Room.

In essence, it boils down to a living animal is an asset. If the hamster is $8, and you have lots of hamsters, and a sick hamster needs medicine that costs $20....you put the hamster in the Sick Room and leave him there till he dies.

Peeve: motherfucking doctors who forget to loving SIGN THE GODDAMN PRESCRIPTION. I went to the office yesterday to pick up this loving thing because the painkiller is controlled substance so the pharmacy needs the loving paper copy. Aaaaand the thing isn't there. So I go back today after being assured the prescription is there. And it's still not. So after we finally call the loving doctor's office again they laugh and say they found it but it isn't signed so tomorrow it should be ready. Maybe. If he remembers to sign it today and put it where the secretary can find it.

I told my mom to count the Percocet she has left because she needs to ration those fuckers.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Thin Privilege posted:

It varies by state though, in Utah you can only get it from state run stores like in Canadia and in NJ you can't sell it in the same store as a grocery store but liquor stores themselves are ok. That's off the top of my head. There's also shipping laws where you can order alcohol online for private use but varies by state also (some states you can order unlimited, some you can't ship alcohol at all etc). And then in some states you can order booze delivered to home like a pizza delivery. Then there's Mississippi where you can legally have an open container of booze in your car while driving--i.e. there's no law against it.

:911:

Well in Arizona we have drive thru liquor stores!

Peeve: not getting a thank you. An emailed one, a texted one counts! Sending a gift and not hearing back until you ask the person if they got it. This is the main reason I stopped sending anything to a friend's kids: the kids are toddlers, yes, but mom is loving old enough to have manners and at least text me she got the loving box!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

When I go to park somewhere and the only spot open is next to some rear end in a top hat who's parked aaaaallll the way to the side of their spot so I have to park way to one side of the spot next to them to be able to get out of my car and then the original rear end in a top hat leaves and it makes me look like the idiot who can't park.

And on a completely separate subject, people who kiss their kids on the mouth. It's weird and gross and creepy.

My stepdad wanted me, a 21 year old, to kiss him on the mouth. Gee, I wonder why everyone else thought that was creepy as gently caress but he insisted it was normal.

And I did not kiss him on the drat mouth.

Peeve: bad delivery attempts. Last week I had a super nice and very honest guy come to the house with my Amazon package because someone dropped it off at his house. Now I could write that off if I had hand written the label (but Amazon prints them) or I put Dr instead of St, but there are NO loving streets around here that are anything close to mine and no Drives and no way to gently caress it up unless you are being lazy and just decide to toss the box somewhere. So thank you, nice man, for bringing me my aquarium chemicals. Because the loving driver hosed up!

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 09:49 on Nov 16, 2015

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HOLY gently caress posted:

No. But thank you for the link :)

Also what the gently caress?! You don't live in the same house, do you? :ohdear: My mom dated a guy who used to hit on me all the time which was loving creepy but at least I had left home by then.

At the time, yes. It was even better because he and my mom's sex life had pretty much stopped by then. Creepy doesn't begin to describe this dude. They are no longer together, thankfully.

How about people who don't turn on their headlights when it's overcast? Bonus points for having a white or gray truck while doing so!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
People in a line waiting to place an order, and they wait until they get all the way up to the register to go: UMMMMM let me think what I want.

NO. No, you fuckwad, you had 5 minutes to stare at the bright computerized menu, now loving order!

Last time I went out to dinner with my niece and nephew, I told them to decide before we got halfway to the register, and if they weren't sure what they wanted when it was our turn, I would order for them and they got no say. Amazingly they had the choices made.

Doctor offices without wifi. It's 2015, we're paying $200 out of pocket for you to look at a scarred knee and say cool, see you in a month, pony up for some loving wifi!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I hate the loving politics that come with working in any goddamn group.

My mom and I foster kittens with a rescue group. While there's always medical issues and miscommunication woes, the largest gently caress is the favoritism that runs throughout the group. The head lady has her faves, the vet tech has hers, and the latter has no loving people skills to speak of. The former will vary between thanking everyone on Facebook (in order, I've realized, to get people to thank HER) and whining that she is so unimportant and everyone hates her (again, to get people to soothe her loving ego).

And when the two of them butt heads, it's insane.

It's like Game of Thrones with less beheadings and more ringworm.

Peeve: people who do not loving understand that no, if you work, say, at WalMart and you want Thanksgiving off and you have to work it, you can't just call out sick, and expect to have a job the next day. No, retail workers do not "volunteer" to work holidays, it's usually mandated. And no, they can't ask for it off months in advance. No, they can't just not show up. Most of the people who insist this haven't ever worked retail and have a nice office job where Thanksgiving is a four or five day holiday. And they're usually the first beating on the doors at Walmart at 3pm on Thanksgiving.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
When you have a problem, a real problem that you need a solution to, and the only help you are offered is: deal with it.

We foster kittens. The rescue group changed the spay/neuter policy so you can only go to 1 of 3 clinics to get your fosters fixed. The clinics are open Mon-Fri, 7am to 5pm. So when I said I work, and there is no way I can take a day off for this poo poo, and don't we have any other solutions (like the sole paid person at the loving rescue taking the fosters to the vet on certain days) I was told to go into work early (can't happen), leave early (no) or take the day off. To "deal with it because no one else has these problems."

Um, no, lots of people in the group do, but no one loving SAYS a thing because the Facebook is covered with people desperate to get their animals fixed and adopted, so every other week someone is asking for help in sending the animals to the clinic. Because they work. Because maybe 4 people in the group of 50 are retired but they don't have transport, and the people that do have transport work during the day.

We won't be fostering anymore.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
People who can't just get a gift without making it awkward.

I don't mean people who you surprise with a present. In this case, my stepmom, who picked up some virus that has left her nearly housebound, too weak to even drive, and she sleeps almost 12 hours a day and is exhausted when she wakes. So because she never leaves the house, and she has a ton of movies and other electronic poo poo to keep busy, I decided to add something else to her birthday gift (her birthday is a week before Xmas), so instead of just Bath and Body works lotion, which she loves, but feels like a copout, I ordered a special Lost Ocean adult coloring book (she used to dive and can't anymore) and some nice colored pencils because you can't color in these things with loving crayons.

She opened the gift and laughed. Like that half chuckle of "oh man this is poo poo" and had no idea about the thing. She flipped through the book, which has some goddamn nice designs, and said her grandson would love to color in this too.

Really? Your eight year old grandson who plays Grand loving Theft Auto will color a turtle mosiac with you? gently caress you, lady. All you had to do was say thanks.

Example: I got a nasty smelling candle this year from a coworker, but I didn't tell her that. I had my drat manners and thanked her, and that was polite! I didn't laugh and say oh man, you know candles are the most regifted poo poo ever?

You thank them, you move on! Not everything needs a cute hahahah moment where you dismiss the gift because someone tried to get you something that wasn't a static Bath and Body works poo poo.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

They're "Adult Coloring Books" It's a new thing I guess, I've been seeing them all over the place lately and a lot of old ladies have been buying them. They usually have insanely intricate designs, maybe coloring is good for hand-eye coordination of old people or something? :shrug:

If nothing else it would be a break from more loving scented candles and lotions, and when she IS awake she mostly watches TV. I thought a little break might be nice, especially cause she can't dive anymore.

Next year, loving lotion.

Peeve: when there are 15 employees standing around and there is no drat work to do and the boss still won't let anyone go home early. And 5 more people start in 4 hours. It's loving Xmas eve, most businesses are closed! He finally relented after an hour and let two of us go early.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
People who refer to animal euthanasia as murder. Especially people who work in animal rescues. Look, I rescue too, but seriously, screaming that you will like humans more than animals when it's okay to kill humans the same as we do animals, makes you sound goddamn off the wall crazy. It's like the people who scream abortion is always murder. Even for a miscarriage?

Along that line, the insane mentality of "I save more animals than YOU DO." For some people in this rescue, it's almost a mad collection to see who can take on as many as possible as fast as possible. And the week of Xmas the rescue always pushes the "Xmas Rescue" and asks that everyone take ONE more animal. It's almost peer pressure sometimes. And the group wonders why I'm backing out of fostering. poo poo, the time I complained I had seven kittens all with ringworm, I was blasted on Facebook as to how many more kittens other people had.

Some people have 30 loving cats and kittens they foster. They also have no life outside the rescue, their entire house would reek of cat piss if not for the fact they have "volunteers" from the rescue come and clean their loving houses....and most have no jobs outside of the house.

Peeve outside of rescue: the term and ideas behind affluenza. Because being rich means you never pay for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
As for texting and calling repeatedly, my dad has that horrible habit where he'll call my cell phone, and if I don't reply right away, he calls the house phone, leaves a message, then calls my cell again. He might leave a voicemail...but none of his messages are ever anything but "hey call me back!" Actually LEAVING a message with what he wants is too complicated.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 15:29 on Jan 3, 2016