Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Track: P++

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
let's just say i'm on the D++ track at gdc iykwim

aityd

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lol at valve letting htc unceremoniously announce a product on a sunday. not even a fat knife collector who plays dotes all day gives enough of a poo poo about computers to muster excitement for their new platform. computers are dead. computers remain dead. and we have killed them.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Products should only be announced with a huge ceremony so we can live stream it and do brutal riffs and owns on the technical specifications.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

emoji posted:

Products should only be announced with a huge ceremony so we can live stream it and do brutal riffs and owns on the technical specifications.

tuesday night is the new nvidia android tablet thing

sleater-cummy
Dec 28, 2005

smile :]

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

it's a physics thing?? idk about this

oh! this guy gave a talk at steam dev days. he's valve's Physics Guy. i don't think this is anything tbh his talks tend to be really really granular

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 385 days!
what ever happened to the steam machine? just quietly cancelled like all of valves other projects?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

wesley snypes posted:

what ever happened to the steam machine? just quietly cancelled like all of valves other projects?

waht thge gently caress is consistency anywayu

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im the guy using physics as my sole gameplay element in 2015

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 385 days!
"hey guys come peep these teeter-totter puzzles"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
serious is hvaingh hgood experience of a game when you grow up a good thing

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i never played a half life

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

wesley snypes posted:

"hey guys come peep these teeter-totter puzzles"

these were legit amazing in.. uhm holy poo poo half life 2 came out 11 years ago

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Breakfast All Day posted:

lol at valve letting htc unceremoniously announce a product on a sunday. not even a fat knife collector who plays dotes all day gives enough of a poo poo about computers to muster excitement for their new platform. computers are dead. computers remain dead. and we have killed them.

good. we should burn computers' body in a dumpster

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
at valve there is no management structure and everyone can do whatever they want

*no one does anything at all*

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
why would valve do anything at all when steam just prints money and dota is a non-stop hat buying goldmine

making a game is basically nothing but a money-losing proposition

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
i forgot about dota but generally i try and block its existence from my mind

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

wesley snypes posted:

they're going to be showing them and the Final Steam Controller This Time It's Real We Promise

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
When hl3 does come out we will find out that Gordon Freeman is actually a transwoman and all games forever will cease to be sexist and ethics in games journalism will become a real thing and gamergate will be over and all gamers everywhere will unite in harmony.

This is unironically, the only way hl3 will ever live up to expectations for me. # Gordon freewomen

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm going to GDC but my hotel is a mile from the convention center, better put on my giant badge on a yellow lanyard so people know I'm a loving boss the whole way there

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

my uncle works for valve and he gave me copies of HL3 and HL4, but said i'm not allowed to show them to anybody. HL3 has every gun in it - both real and from other games. and in HL4 you play as the g-man and there's a secret mode where alyx is naked and you can totally see her boobies, it was released in japan but it was banned for being too sexy

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Sweevo posted:

my uncle works for valve and he gave me copies of HL3 and HL4, but said i'm not allowed to show them to anybody. HL3 has every gun in it - both real and from other games. and in HL4 you play as the g-man and there's a secret mode where alyx is naked and you can totally see her boobies, it was released in japan but it was banned for being too sexy

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Sweevo posted:

I work in the games industry so I can confirm this is true. it's an open secret.

the gdc dance has begun. my 3pm cancelled and moved to my 5pm slot, but my 5pm can't move it so now I will have a double meeting and gamble that one will pay for dinner.

then my 1030am got nuked from orbit and is now a 4pm and a new 1030 appeared to gently caress my poo poo up with a full scale preso to major first party stakeholders.

the previous paragraph is a paraphrase of an email from or biz Dev guy.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
if anyone wants to meet up in the fat bearded white guy wearing plaid here in SF, just say hi!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Beast of Bourbon posted:

if anyone wants to meet up in the fat bearded white guy wearing plaid here in SF, just say hi!

I'm the white dude with glasses wearing a t-shirt wave if you see me

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

qirex posted:

oh man I walked by you earlier! you had your badge on in north beach right?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

wait are you the greasy fat guy or the greasy skinny guy?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

BONGHITZ posted:

who is going? who is gonna get laid?

hella prostitutes, probably

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

im fat

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

same

who is ready for day 0 of GDC? gdc this year moved from a tue/wed/thur show to a wed/thu/fri show for reasons unknown (fully overlapping with pax east)

i have a 3 meetings in hotel lobbies today!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i am going on Wednesday, it is my first time

should i take my resume?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

BONGHITZ posted:

i am going on Wednesday, it is my first time

should i take my resume?

probably not, you might get a job in the games industry if you do

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

bobbilljim posted:

probably not, you might get a job in the games industry if you do

friends don't let friends

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

is it half life 3 yet?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
regarding drug clearance, 5-7 half lifes is generally considered sufficnet

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

how many women are there who aren't paid to be?

ill guess zero

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Cat Face Joe posted:

how many women are there who aren't paid to be?

ill guess zero

what do you mean paid? I know a woman that works in games PR. she's probably there as part of her job just like many nerd developers are, but not specifically paid for the event.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

nvidia sheild announcement going on

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/03/04/nvidia-gdc-presentation

some other shield thing

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

oh its 4k anroid (lol!!!) tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU