Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bill is the kind-of guy that is so charming I honestly wouldn't mind him loving my girlfriend until he tried to rub my face in it, and you know he would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Zzulu posted:

yeah i also want men to have sex with my girlfriend

If only there was a tired GBS meme you could use to express this sentiment right now...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

On the broadest possible level Clinton is seen as a good President, but with loads of asterisks.

* His successors and predecessors made him look great by comparison.

** The collapse of the USSR and rise of Internet technology gave him incredible economic soil to work with.

*** The fact that most people remember him for the Lewinsky blowjob and balancing the budget softens his image considerably since most Middle Americans don't actually consider it that big a deal, especially when you look at other Presidents and their most common reputation is for something more related to the health of the country as a whole even though in the details there's loads of poo poo he did that either was bad then or has proven to be bad now-- the same as any President, even W. Bush.

**** He's got charisma to spare and is very easy to put on camera which creates a "love to hate" or just plain love sensibility when it comes to watching him.

***** He was the last President before America got its first major kneecapping since Vietnam and arguably the 70s oil crisis.

And so on.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tujague posted:

What's the definition of a "Middle America" that doesn't include the Republican base?

I meant as in political moderates, the kinds of swing voters who don't really pay attention to politics much outside of the way they were raised and the general narrative they see from the media narratives they were raised on, and even Republicans can at least recall that during the 90s things were on-average less charged and insane than they got in the 00s and beyond.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This thread is wonderful :allears:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=433-nmcWw8E

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gnarlyhotep posted:

Plaflop is a living stereotype and will only react as such

I feel privileged to watch it in action honestly.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI2ZJCLmAUQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

• Locked thread