Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

1998–2002 era only, during the dynasty that was D-Generation X.

In the age of Stone Cold and The Rock, a simpler time where all America had to worry about was who was going to shotgun two tall boys or what Dwayne Johnson was cooking.

When The Undertaker became an American Badass and Kane still wore a mask.

But it wasn't all serious, you had the clinch gimmicks like Rakishi and The Hardy Brothers before Jeff went Turbo Gay. Granted there are probably way older goons that will consider earlier times the "golden" age but I'm pretty sure most people in GBS grew up in a time when Dennis Rodman was a regular guest star of Smack Down. Fuckin - Mankind getting choke slammed through a cage, say whaaaaat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
issac yankem, dds

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

owen hart

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The Hardys vs Edge and Christian was some of the most entertaining fake wrestling I had ever seen when I was growing up.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

This is worth watching in a not even ironic way. It's amazing what these guys are willing to do for their sport. Is linking to this :filez:? Eh, not chancing it.

They're both loving insane for having done this and society was in no way enriched for their effort, but drat is it fascinating.

There's a bit where Mick Foley / Mankind keeps mugging oddly for the camera. During one of his falls he accidentally bit through his lip and he was trying to show he could stick his tongue through the hole.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I would get the Edge and Chris Jericho mixed up for years and years on end for some reason, probably because they both sucked and were boring.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

revdrkevind posted:

This is worth watching in a not even ironic way. It's amazing what these guys are willing to do for their sport. Is linking to this :filez:? Eh, not chancing it.

They're both loving insane for having done this and society was in no way enriched for their effort, but drat is it fascinating.

There's a bit where Mick Foley / Mankind keeps mugging oddly for the camera. During one of his falls he accidentally bit through his lip and he was trying to show he could stick his tongue through the hole.

God bless Mick Foley.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

The foot that murdered Triple HHH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8KbXThVBFI

Panamaniac fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Feb 28, 2015

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfxuAI7SAMk

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Mr rear end will kick your ***.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
the worm

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Jake "The Snake" Roberts invented the DDT(Drop Dead Technique)

E:

Sponge Baathist fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Feb 28, 2015

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

:wtc: Is all wrestling like this?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Bardeh posted:

this is 90 percent of pro wrestling
dont let that fox catcher movie fool you real wrestling is where the butts is

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

when big boss man dragged big show's dead dad's casket behind his police cruiser or whatever pain medication addiction killed Test

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
No joke Lucha Libre is way more entertaining and some of the moves are awesome and dangerous. I think it's because OSHA has no power in Mexico.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the reverse suck & gently caress with a twist

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hunter has nothing on Shawn when it comes to overselling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf4LsjwAWho

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

TheJoker138 posted:

Hunter has nothing on Shawn when it comes to overselling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf4LsjwAWho

:cawg:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
That thing the rock does where he asks if you can smell what he's cooking and then does a little run back and forth before finally dropping an elbow

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Power bombing mother fuckers into thumb tacks of course, op.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
The People's Elbow, which was an elbow drop that guys had to sell like a top-rope powerbomb because it was The Rock.

The Rock was very, very good at his job.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Anything that AJ does is a great move.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
The torture rack because it was literally giving someone a ride on your shoulders and somehow it really hosed people up lol

That one move where you sit on someones back and pull their legs back was legit because I think we seriously injured each others backs as kid doing them.

SurfinArbiter
Jul 3, 2013

Y
o
u

f
o
u
n
d

m
e

heh
The double rock bottom

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

any attack that is crotch centric in nature

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
just in general i would say the 'DDT' is the greatest finishing move ever. not sure of the best DDTer though, thats a tough question.

on the other hand, the 'tombstone' is IMO the weakest looking but in reality prob the most damaging.

the 'Stone Cold Stunner' prob the most exciting/entertaining sig move, despite being pretty basic technically

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 28, 2015

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Bardeh posted:

the fat guy is going in the hall of fame this year

he never won a major title but he did put his butt on people

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1C_1bDhHEM

Rikishi HAD a sweet finisher until they made him LOL DANCING FAT rear end MAN

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Mariana Horchata posted:

the 'Stone Cold Stunner' prob the most exciting/entertaining sig move, despite being pretty basic technically

The best part about the stunner was Stone Cold absolutely flipping out with fingers and gently caress yous afterwards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdxC6cMqTQE

lol at 2:30 when he does it to a woman and shouts in her face

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I like when he busts out four push-ups while the victim recovers

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Mariana Horchata posted:

just in general i would say the 'DDT' is the greatest finishing move ever. not sure of the best DDTer though, thats a tough question.

no it's not, Jake Roberts is the only possibly answer for "best DDT"

it's like a totally different caliber of move when he does it.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
OWEN 3:16 SAID I JUST BROKE YOUR NECK

ironic when u think about it

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Jake "The Snake" Roberts also had a move where he took his snake Damien out of the gunny sack while his opponent is tied up in the ropes and "strangle" them. He pulled this move on the Andre the Giant and he had a heart attack then and there in the ring.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Pleads posted:

The best part about the stunner was Stone Cold absolutely flipping out with fingers and gently caress yous afterwards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdxC6cMqTQE

lol at 2:30 when he does it to a woman and shouts in her face

Wwe blocked the vid? Wtf.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

stone cold stunner OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
rakishis stick face.