Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Fruity Gordo posted:

At what point do you think the contempt for you will be so crait that you'll have to create a new account and have another craic?

That's a serious question? Really?

Never. Some people take internet forums seriously. I think that means you mate - not me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
No, it's a legit question, MUYB. If you want me to look like a fuckwit, explain why I'm a fuckwit. Where did I say she or her people wrote the thing, rather than that they jumped on it as an opportunity for publicity? If you can't find it, pls let me know why it's illegitimate to say that she's an opportunist. And just for extra fun, pls explain why you've apparently given up on your strident feminist critique of making fun of Jackie Lambie

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Gough Suppressant posted:

Splode, I know you're excited because Fruity's back and she's the only poster here who can make you look intelligent by comparison, but you should probably just quit while you're only this far behind.

Fruity's post of

was in fact a response by her to this

and the reason most people can tell that's the case is because she quoted it in her post and started with the word "because"

You're enormously weird

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Like, you're weirder than me. And I'm really loving weird. I can at least follow the argument I'm having.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

No, it's a legit question, MUYB. If you want me to look like a fuckwit, explain why I'm a fuckwit. Where did I say she or her people wrote the thing, rather than that they jumped on it as an opportunity for publicity? If you can't find it, pls let me know why it's illegitimate to say that she's an opportunist. And just for extra fun, pls explain why you've apparently given up on your strident feminist critique of making fun of Jackie Lambie

Fruity, what did you think you were replying to when you quoted my post saying that unfounded claims of her writing it herself are loving offensive? I'm guessing you misread and thought I was referring to it being an exterior false flag thing?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Like I read the entire thread I'm posting in.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

Like I read the entire thread I'm posting in.

If you read the entirety of auspol then you're definitely not the less weird one.

If we can agree on the fact that she probably didn't send it herself, can we also agree on the fact that for the person receiving the death threat, it probably doesn't change the experience very much whether it actually came from an islamic extremist or a christian extremist posing as one.

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 1, 2015

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Fruity Gordo posted:

It's not about making fun of jacqui lambie, she is a certifiable loving moron, it's about making light of the fact that she received death threats. The only reason I ended up bringing gender into it at all is because women receive more death threats than men do for the same behaviour.

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED
Oh my loving god, take it to IRC and stop loving up what started off as a great thread you goddamn goons.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Fruity, what did you think you were replying to when you quoted my post saying that unfounded claims of her writing it herself are loving offensive? I'm guessing you misread and thought I was referring to it being an exterior false flag thing?

No, I understood that you were affronted by the notion that she invented death threats against her. I agree that she didn't need to invent death threats bc she it a target.

My point is well established by now but I guess I need to do it again because the delicate and idiosyncratically useless brains of men need to be considered and accounted for.

Lambie is a public figure
Public figures get hatemail
Lambie is a public woman figure
They get more hatemail
Fascist public figures who advance hate get hatemail
They also get love mail from white supremacists
Woman fascists get more of both
When you're the most public face of a certain kind of fascism you might be more of a target for hatemail and lovemail

Who do we know sends ISIS emails to public figures?
Foreign ISIS freaks
Domestic ISIS wannabe freaks
Domestic white supremacists legit trying to incite a race war
Domestic white supremacist internet trolls
Foreign white supremacists trying to incite race wars

I'm pretty loving sure I implied all of that in my posts itt but if you have any further questions feel free to pay me cash money for my expertise in being able to loving read.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Mattjpwns posted:

Oh my loving god, take it to IRC and stop loving up what started off as a great thread you goddamn goons.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Mattjpwns posted:

Thread title has a gendered slur in it so it was poo poo from the get-go imho

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin
I had such high hopes for this thread :sigh:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Ahaahahahahahahahahahahaa

You know what you are dealing with here. God that was funny.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
C U Next Thread

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment splits.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

If you read the entirety of auspol then you're definitely not the less weird one.

If we can agree on the fact that she probably didn't send it herself, can we also agree on the fact that for the person receiving the death threat, it probably doesn't change the experience very much whether it actually came from an islamic extremist or a christian extremist posing as one.
I've received a fuckload of internet death threats for about six years and yeah, you can actually tell from the first sentence and the experience does change. I could tell within the first year.

If Jackie Lambie reads her public email she is stupider than I gave her credit for, and her staff are more sadistic and opportunist. By the sounds of Seek Other Candidates post I probs gave them more credit than they were due

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Quantum Mechanic posted:

:3:

Make weed legal imo

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Anidav posted:

C U Next Thread

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Anidav posted:

C U Next Thread

Noice

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

Thread title has a gendered slur in it so it was poo poo from the get-go imho

you are wrong

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Someone get xylo to implement a new rule wherein upon the third reply between two people it has to be taken to PM or both parties are banned

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Anidav posted:

C U Next Thread

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Fruity Gordo posted:

I've received a fuckload of internet death threats for about six years...
Drama much?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Welcome back, Fruity. :3:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

It's not about making fun of jacqui lambie, she is a certifiable loving moron, it's about making light of the fact that she received death threats. The only reason I ended up bringing gender into it at all is because women receive more death threats than men do for the same behaviour.

Lmao thanks for proving what I already suspected

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Avshalom posted:

Welcome back, Fruity. :3:

Same.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
QLD has best goon meets, QLD has best state elections, February is the shortest month and therefore the best thread.

QLD is therefore superior.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
hello.jpg

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011
Auspol March: Thrills, Spills and Empty Posts

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Anidav posted:

QLD has best goon meets, QLD has best state elections, February is the shortest month and therefore the best thread.

QLD is therefore superior.

:kiddo:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg
pony.jpg

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Murodese posted:

Someone get xylo to implement a new rule wherein upon the third reply between two people it has to be taken to PM or both parties are banned

What if it's an intelligent, sensible dialectic between respectful parties that contributes to broader thread discussions and doesn't descend into childish ad hominem attacks?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

It could happen!

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

hiddenmovement posted:

What if it's an intelligent, sensible dialectic between respectful parties that contributes to broader thread discussions and doesn't descend into childish ad hominem attacks?

you must be new around here

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Mattjpwns posted:

you must be new around here
he's also a moron who doesn't understand how roads work

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

hiddenmovement posted:

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Avshalom posted:

he's also a moron who doesn't understand how roads work
Apparently so.

quote:

I AM A MORON WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW ROADS WORK

e: Did someone drop USD$9.95 to do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Look I'm sorry I took a month off and all of you idiots forgot what good posting looks like but it's not my fault.

• Locked thread