Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
to add to nswelection chat -

:siren:Alert for people who aren't in NSW (you lucky bastards) but still want to help!:siren:

The Greens in YOUR STATE - that's right, the one you live in - will be helping to campaign! Get in touch with your local campaign coordinator about phonebanking to help the NSW Greens.

Alternatively, if you're a member, you can apply here - http://goo.gl/forms/ZJrBIjmxYT - for subsidies for flights and billeting to come up and campaign in person! Helping out other states with their elections is seriously one of the most rewarding and fun things one can do as an active member of the Greens and you'll stumble around in a haze of sleep deprivation, Greens love and whatever your drug(s) of choice are for days afterwards. I wholly encourage everybody who has any experience or enthusiasm for on-the-ground campaigning to apply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

BloatedCorpse posted:

I joined the greens when I lived in Newtown but now I live in Balmain, do I switch branches? How's that all work?

NSW Greens Branches/"Local Groups" (the difference is pretty much semantic but I've seen people get quite upset at the wrong one being used because it sounds less grassroots) are based around local government areas or regions rather than electorates like in some other states. So maybe not? Depends where you live/d!

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

Quantum Mechanic posted:

NSW has 6 State MPs, and up until 2014 consistently had the largest number of State MPs of any of the state parties. If all goes well, this election will take us to 8.

Actually, from 1982 to 2011 Tasmania had either equal or greater number of Greens MPs so I'm not sure you can really say "consistently" when it's only been for one term. (yes yes obviously hare-clark but if we're going to be pedantic about numbers, well)

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

Fruity Gordo posted:

She's not smart and she doesn't think critically. I doubt her staff are much cleverer.

Rob Messenger, her chief of staff, is a former One Nation member who wrote open letters of support for Hanson and displayed them on his website. Not only are her staff not clever, they are even more likely than she is to have links to far-right white supremacist groups.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

Remind me, what's actually the point of the ALP again?

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

Birb Katter posted:

I would have 15 min ago but for obvious reasons won't now.

beautiful.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

needs to be flipped so it's facing your posts

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

There's no way the desperate, sweaty look with those strands of hair falling over the forehead while leaning over a map ISN'T a Downfall reference. Subtlest :godwin: of all time.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

Mithranderp posted:

To a football star, 2500 is nothing. I'd be more in favour of community service and drug education than of jail time or a fine.

Also, if I heard the story right, he bought 12.5 grams of cocaine on three separate occasions - unless you have a good dealer (which to be fair he probably had) or are in a cocaine-heavy area (which the Gold Coast most certainly is) you'll be paying about that much for the coke itself.

starkebn posted:

Someone at the ABC is reading this thread - this afternoon on Hack (5:30 triplej) they're talking about how the housing market is poo poo for younger people. They even specifically had a spew about how boomers have hosed it for the rest of us.

funnily enough it is not this thread, but Good Thread favourite Courtney Barnett which has motivated this (her latest single is about how poo poo it is to try to buy a house in melbourne)

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

Quantum Mechanic posted:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if half the Denison Greens didn't vote 1 for Wilkie.

Reynolds was a terrible candidate and remains hanging around the branch with a sense of entitlement but I held my nose and voted for her so we would get those sweet sweet couple of dollars from people voting 1 Green.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

My Breasts.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

Jumpingmanjim posted:

“Why Jaydon can’t read: the triumph of ideology over evidence in teaching reading”.

oh come ON, at least try and be subtle with your classism

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

Nuclear Spy posted:

To continue the meeting goons trend, I plan to be in Sydney from March 27th to 30th to help out with the NSW State Election.

as will I, but from the 25th to the 29th :getin:

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

Endman posted:

The funniest thing about sandstone universities is that UTAS is one of those.

top 2% in the world, m8

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

Gough Suppressant posted:

Fan death remains a major issue for South Korean metal bands

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

hi thread i just got back from nine days in nsw where we won a record number of seats did i miss anything

• Locked thread