Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Wasn't Guy Sebastian's whole Australian Idol thing backed like gently caress by Hillsong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Night Shade posted:

In SA you can't end a fixed lease early without cause, but you can decline to renew it at the end with 28 days notice. Periodic leases can be terminated any time without cause with 90 days notice.

in QLD, you're required to give 2 months notice or the end of the lease period, whichever is later. Two months is a lot more breathing room than 28 days, from personal experience.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Mad Katter posted:

Pretty much. I've had several people who were either involved or had family that were involved tell me that the church would tell people that that they needed to vote for him, and used their enormous piles of money to run an sms voting campaign.

This was through Paradise Community Church. I've never been religious, but I wound up there one and found it absolutely terrifying. It's a well oiled and high tech brainwashing/money extraction machine.

One of my old workmates was a devout attender of Hillsong and I made the mistake of adding him on Facebook one day. Pretty much everything he posted gave me the impression of what someone would be like if they were in a cult, it was surreal.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

auzdark posted:

Why'd you go into Centrelink when you can do it online?

With the Centrelink system rigged up as it is, you can't really trust anything you need to do reporting wise online. At least I wouldn't, and I'd get a reference number for every time I reported in.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

How is the craftbrew scene in australia?

We're too busy roasting our own coffee blends at home to really get into it. Coffee culture is probably way more of a thing here than craftbrewing will get to.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Graic Gabtar posted:

It may be just easier to accept that asylum isn't a ticket to a first world country. Just get on with it and build a better life thankful that you aren't being sent back to your country of origin where you will allegedly be tortured and/or killed.

You obviously have no idea what these people face and why they're desperate as gently caress in the first place. You've just bought into the whole "economic migrant" BS and don't want those dirty boat people coming here taking your slice of the pie. A great example of FYGM mentality at work.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

"They're rounding up all the minorities and sending them off to camps? Just be glad it isn't happening to you, it's all good right?"

Gotta love how he had to shove in that it's only alleged death and torture, "Well maybe it won't happen, you know? Maybe they just...made it all up?"

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Graic Gabtar posted:

I don't know about that. There not in their own alleged horrible country. They are not being tortured or killed where they are. They are making GBS threads on their host nation in the hope they will be kicked them out and forced to be taken back by Australia. Arguably their largest gripe is that Nauru is a few thousand kilometers from the nearest Centrelink and all the other good things about a first world country.

Sorry if reality is too hard for you.

Yeah man, PNG and Nauru are loving beacons of hope in the night.

Are you really this head in the loving sand? When it comes to this issue, it's like you just want to hope beyond hope that "Nah mate, they're all fine there. Never mind the guards beating them around and the sexual assaults on men, women and children, just be glad it isn't happening to you and get on with life."

I really hope when someone's beating on you, that's the attitude everyone else has about it. Not happening to me? Cool.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Quantum Mechanic posted:

You do realise that Australia is still their host nation, since they're locked in concentration camps where they're starved, beaten and raped, with the only possible solace being that they're welcome to go back and get decapitated by ISIL if the starvation, beatings and rape become a little too much?

"Just be glad it isn't happening to you, mate. Why do you care so much? What the hell is this compassion and concern for others stuff you talk about?"

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Oh, wow, I just re-read this. Yes, they are, and we're responsible for it.

And at LEAST one of them has been killed while under our "care".

Ratbag walking turd will now throw a huff about how we weren't ever going to consider his lovely viewpoint, disappear a month or two and pop up again like nothing happened.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Graic Gabtar posted:

Allegedly in mortal fear of being murdered, tortured, raped, beaten. gently caress this crap never ends. Based on what you are saying people are likely very happy that we are keeping an alleged large number of sexual predators out of our society.

Asylum seeker advocates are very good at portraying every other place besides Australia as some kind of dystopian nightmare that makes The Road seem like an episode of The Wiggles.

Who's been fed a few too many lines here and has their head in the sand I wonder?

Yeah, all this "crap" never ends. Better to just ignore those things (as well as the overwhelming evidence that supports their case) so you can smugly sleep at night with those opinions. Otherwise you might possibly feel guilty. Maybe.

What are you going to say next? The Human Rights Commission is clearly "partisan" and biased way too much in the direction of human rights? And where the gently caress do you pull sexual predators from? I'm sure no older white men are sexual predators at all. Nor would any defend them, not in this country. No sir.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

You really have to love how this turd that has evolved legs and jumped out of the toilet before someone flushed manages to shove "alleged" in whenever he can, because if it's only "alleged" it isn't real and therefore never really happened and it's then ok to have shithead opinions on it then.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

"Caring is for sheeple and lefties" - Graic Gabtar, a Nazi apologist.

EDIT Oh man, love the new avatar.

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 7, 2015

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Shadeoses posted:

Lordaeron after the Second War with the orcs.

Graic Gabtar on Orcish internment camps:
"Look, they're just Orcs ok, be glad it isn't you. Anyway, all that talk of Orcish persecution isn't real, my mate was down there and said they were living it up."
Ten years later:
"Mate, I didn't know anything about that kind of mistreatment, it's all the governments fault ok? They hid it all from us and I was against it from the start!."

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

To go further down the Godwin path, wasn't Graic "walking turd" Gabtar's logic pretty common with people in Germany during WWII in regards to Jewish peoples and other minorities being detained in concentration camps?

EDIT: obligatory reminder to all that Godwin himself has said it's ok to compare our detaining asylum seekers with the actions taken by Nazi Germany.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Who is doing this

No idea, but whoever is behind it is gaslighting you like nuts and it's amazing.

Must be new avatar day, I've got one and now Fruity has too.

EDIT: And another one for Anidav, hahahah wow.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

This NSW election Jobsearching sure is boring.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Life Xbone is boring, buy a dog real gaming platform.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

cpaf posted:

Jonah are you tied into some sort of SMS alert system that warns you when people make incorrect posts in this thread

What would be more tragic, if someone had designed a system to alert via SMS of wrong posting here or if someone is constantly mashing F5 and watching this thread all day, every day?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...308-13ymlk.html

quote:

An independent expert has found aspects of Australia's asylum-seeker policies have breached the United Nations Convention Against Torture.

A report addressing concerns about Manus Island, as well as recent amendments to maritime laws, is due to be submitted to the UN Human Rights Council today.

It was prepared by Juan Mendez, the UN special rapporteur on torture.

So Ratbag Craig, still keeping to your whole "alleged" view now or are you going to suddenly announce your shock and outrage at this and how it was hidden from you?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Oh god at Abbott's comments to re: UN report. Majority of Australian's (for case study, see Graic Gabtar) won't give a gently caress due to the FYGM principle, but it's still awesome the rest of the world is seeing this for what it is.

Tony taking pages out of the DPRK guidebook for dealing with the UN is just another example of how you can't satirise Tones because he's entirely capable of the most ridiculous poo poo you can imagine.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Les Affaires posted:

He'll have more success passing his higher education laws at a goonmeet than over asian food with Clive.

Clive's favorite yum-cha place is actually just up the road from me. Maybe we could have Clive at a goon meet?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Senor Tron posted:

I'm planning on moving to Norwood in a few months (right in Pynes electorate) and it's a nice area but knowing 50%+1 of the people there voted "Yup, Chris Pynes the guy for us!" terrifies me.

54%, BEFORE preferences.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Having lived in Glen Osmond for a year, I am in no way shocked or surprised that an overwhelming amount of people there voted LNP. Most of them are retirees with houses worth $1m+ as well as holiday homes around the state.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

To be entirely fair to Anidav, going up to a Minister and asking that took a very large amount of guts and I doubt quite a few of us here would have felt able to do the same.

Guts or stupidity, either way he did something hilarious and I'm cool for that.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

hiddenmovement posted:

I'm quite happy to chuck 10$ into a fund for Anidav to go around personally asking parliamentarians to goon meets.

This, but Mithranderp can pay for mine.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Woah now, I never reply to you people but that is the shittiest thing to say. Shove cyanide up your rear end in a top hat so something of value bubbles out of your mouth.

Wow holy gently caress, 10/10 burn from Anidav there.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

GG, if you think detention is so great and these people are scum for daring to complain, you wouldn't mind spending a month in it with your family would you?

No? Didn't think so.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

GG is edgy and cool because he posts here but doesn't really care, he's so nonchalant about it all.

He'll keep posting too, but he doesn't care about it. No, not at all.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Do you value the children in detention at all? Like does it bother you that they are fenced from the outside and free world? I know heaps of people who are like you but almost all of them put some consideration that there are indeed children in detention. They squirm, argue, claim it's for the better due to Asian Invasion/Islam/Africans. They never say that the children do not concern them though. In that regard they are at the very least, human.

Everyone here is calling you names, ignore them for a second and describe to me what you think about the children in detention. What does it mean to you?

He doesn't care because they're not his kids. He made his logic really clear some pages ago when he stated that we shouldn't care because it's not happening to us.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Orkin Mang posted:

why should he read a thing by any of you when just disagreeing with you leads to a demented string of embarrassing petulant meltdowns

He clearly cares because he keeps posting here.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Yeah, I doubt this is going to change Holden or Toyota's decision at all. They've already started the plans to shutdown and it's doubtful that $1b alone is going to make a difference. Adults in charge, etc.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

cpaf posted:

I am so, so sorry CraziTolradi

I"m a loving horrible person and you know it.

I've actually lost a bit of weight since that photo too so I don't look as much like a redneck north QLD MP.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Drugs posted:

Who are the people who don't post but turn up to goon meets? Who are these people?

I have no idea why people are reluctant to post, unless you're Graic Gabtar and even then he seems to have no trouble.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

QLD police did rock up to our last venue as we were leaving, but it turned out they just wanted to get some Indian take away.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Avshalom posted:

hello asio, i love ariel sharon

What do you think ol' Shazza would think of this?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Almond milk in tea/coffee is loving dogshit and anyone who actually likes it is a bad and lovely person and should drink a tall glass of my piss

I concur.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

kingcom posted:

Closes what out?

Yeah, I'm not sure what kind of point Graic is trying to make here aside from a horrible attempt at being witty and edgy.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah loving hell that's bad.

Matches the poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Hello Friends I am back.

I managed to sneak in three questions to Malcolm face-to-face. (Loose wording)

Q1: Is it on?
A1: No I don't think so.

Q2: Would you have the time to meet up with a Brisbane based political fan club this month?
A2: No, I don't have the time at the moment. Maybe next time.

Q3: What brand of milk do you drink?
A3:

I couldn't take audio or video, he was shoulder to shoulder with a few security mates while he was moving around.

loving hell Anidav, give up on the milk thing already.

• Locked thread