Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

thatfatkid posted:

I don't give a poo poo about Enews level personality gossip. The ALP under Rudd had ALP policies, the ALP under Gillard had LNP policies.

Tripling of the tax free threshold, ratifying the Kyoto treaty, plain packaging of cigarettes. All things that the Coalition would have done of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

thatfatkid posted:

Tax free threshold was part of the Carbon Tax which they never wanted to do in the first place.

Kyoto accomplished what exactly?

Plain packaging should've been introduced for junk food and alcohol if they were really concerned about the health of the citizenry. It was simply a cynical attack against the tobacco companies to buy votes.

This is some pretty blatant backpeddling mate. I'm more than happy to agree that the Rudd/Gillard government should have been more progressive, you're right there, but the idea they just parroted LNP policy is clearly and utterly wrong.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

thatfatkid posted:

The ALP literally campaigned in 2010 on doing nothing about climate change for 3 years. How was that not reflective of the LNP?

Uhhh no, during the election Gillard said that an ALP victory would be a mandate for carbon pricing, she just ruled out a carbon tax. Once again, not progressive enough but clearly not LNP

Edit: It was Rudd who ruled out carbon pricing for his term

thatfatkid posted:

Once in power the ALP tried to bring back the Pacific Solution under the guise of the Malaysia Solution. How was that not reflective of the LNP?

No arguments here, but Gillard passed ~550 acts

Gentleman Baller fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 5, 2015

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Pretty sure it'd be simple to do a fairly comprehensive plain packaging law for alcohol.

I mean, mechanically, not practically. The entrails of the politician who suggested it would be paraded around the country.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Quantum Mechanic posted:

I didn't actually think it was that controversial that the differences between the ALP and the LNP were superficial and semantic, but there you go

It's possible that living in NSW where the Libs and the Other Libs are on a unity ticket wrt to continued coal mining, tax breaks, contestable funding for VET and most privatisations that aren't the ones the ETU are losing their poo poo over has coloured my reactions somewhat.

Agreed thats why I vote 1 greens 2 lnp. No real difference so who cares

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Almond milk is great. I still feel painfully aware it's not milk when it has no thickener but both the sweetened and unsweetened variety go great with everything especially my ivory tower soy lattes.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Stoca Zola posted:

Jeez how thick is the cow milk you've been drinking? Is the thickener really necessary? It seems kind of odd to me but I've never tried it so maybe it's actually awesome and I am wrongo. I do put lecithin in mine to stop the almond fat from separating out so maybe that has an effect on the mouthfeel.

I grew up drinking raw milk because the :siren: pasteurization process turns milk toxic :siren: so maybe that has something to do with it. It's not a big deal even if it feels watery, it's just distracting I guess. I'll have to give lecithin a try though.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Someone who hates themselves enough to watch QANDA, tell me if Hockey says something stupid on QANDA tia

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

I think you would be an extremely appropriate fit for the House of Reps.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

CrazyTolradi posted:

Again, because law and policy means it's ethic and moral? Do you honestly believe that?

Don't make the thread worse. Gabtar didn't say that. Whether they are doing it honestly or not Gabtar is doing the whole "Sure, it'd be great if we didn't do this but pragmatically..." thing.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
If you missed Indian take-away chat FriendlyJordies has you covered https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNwgjVzkT-I

Looking forward to his nut milk vid next month.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Ler posted:

Which can be explained by way of Danes loving to bike everywhere. Which is something that really pisses me off about Australia. Ample space for bike lanes, great weather and none of you shits are riding around like in Europe where the cities are tight, congested and it's usually raining or snowing.

If you want my opinion on the subject I would have to say bike helmets and also water bottles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
If the next thread is this bad I swear im moving to *checks list of countries with better threads than Australia* anywhere

• Locked thread