Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Splode posted:

I missed you fruity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
As far as I can tell it means he has been officially voted in as Government Bozo.

edit: The government formally expresses their disapproval of him.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Mountain drivers will kill you long before the bushfires do.

The Dandenongs particularly combines the worst aspects of suburban Melbourne drivers and single lane roads with walls of rock on one side and cliff edges on the other.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I might get to be an office temp at my partners work :wooper: MEANWHILE the part time job my partner begged and convinced the overworked marketing guy to discuss having created for my benefit which ended up becoming an unadvertised internship is now a part time job unadvertised that they will be bringing the intern in for.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Don't watch this it is a trap a terrible terrible trap

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Anidav posted:

Kat is clearly afraid of OWLS

That is a differently cut trailer to the one I saw but the point remains it's premised like When The Wind Blows but with adorable childish cartoon creatures instead of predictably out of touch old people.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Nuclear Spy posted:

Took me a minute to find Wyatt Roy in this photo

Tom Ballard 2 is getting ALLLLLL the ladies

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Not cartoon but it's a disproportionate tax on the poor. Two people earning 20k and 200k have the same basic foundational costs of living for foods, services, etc but it's a higher proportion of the poor man's income.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I think condoms are excluded. Gold and silver are also obvs excluded.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh my god ... Are goons turning into a lobby group?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Give him cataphracts intended logie speech and ask him to read out excerts in parliament

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I worked with an old man who could do that, he said it was cos his sense of smell was failing and that they taste similar to apples.

Tony Abbott eats onion, spites thousands of dollars investment in cosmetic surgery

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

V for Vegas posted:

Wang is the pinyin spelling of the character 王 (Emperor). It is pronounced 'wong' in Chinese and the Chinese do not really have a sound that matches the hard, nasal Australian 'wang'.

Penny Wong's last name is 黃 which is Huang in pinyin.

I kinda wanna recut that KRudd mandarin video with this as the subtitles. But I CBF.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

V for Vegas posted:

[code]
Rank Name Net Worth Age Origin of Wealth

Disappointed that "mummy/daddy" is not an origin category.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
They're dog whistling for cctv again too.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/s...319-1m3ax4.html

quote:

The same detectives who had scoured Mr Price's flat had earlier that day been asking Abbotsford businesses if they had CCTV footage of the suspect.
Abbotsford Tools had two cameras that police wanted to check, but, as the manager told Fairfax Media, she turned them off when she closed the small shop at 5.30pm each day.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Mithranderp posted:

We read a book called Maestro and it was poo poo. The metaphor/symbolism was completely overblown, as if it were written just for the purpose of being taught to year 10 kids.

I will never erase the memory of reading about his cum soaked sheets.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Mithranderp posted:

:negative:

I HAD FORGOTTEN

One of our other novels was In The Lake of the Woods and I've lived with the memory of a Vietnam vet vividly reliving maybe killing his wife by pouring boiling water on her face.

Thanks VCE.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Pickled Tink posted:

This is just making me more and more depressed. I'm allergic to that crap, and this may help explain why every manufacturer stuffs garlic and onion into loving everything, including stuff that shouldn't have loving onion in it (Like canned tomatoes). My shopping trips take three to four times as long these days because I have to check the ingredients of everything for the tiny garlic/onion small print, and some manufacturers are complete and utter shits and don't list it either, so I'm taking a risk either way.

I would love to be able to eat something other than biscuits, baked beans, and steamed broccoli at home.

I hate you all.

Full disclosure: I just got back from a shopping trip so I am more pissed about this than usual at present.

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Bloody onions

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Has this been posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWa0WmMo-1Y

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Also if my system doesn't work for you I have another system to complement it where you just accumulate a huge amount of government department debt, defer it all to SPER, wait until it gets to an insanely unmanageable amount and then agree to pay back 20 dollars a week and just catch public transport for free as well as park whereever you want that isn't a towaway zone because as long as you're actually paying back a steady weekly amount to SPER they really don't give a gently caress

This is a terrible terrible plan in the long run financially as there is a $60 lodgement fee applied to each individual fine (as far as I was made aware when we worked with them) edit:in case it's not clear, that fee each time is added to your debt. Argue with the issuer for a reduction in the fines if you have that many of them (and if you're really lucky only the agreed lowered amount would go to sper anyway)

G-Spot Run fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 25, 2015

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
SPER is the QLD equivalent of magistrate's court for fines for any confused people not sure why this is a crazy plan.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I'm not saying that at all, burn qld to the ground, but don't think you're getting a deal by letting sper put you on a payment plan.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
You triggered my trap card ptsd

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
And your phone bill!

And if you have a separate data package for a tablet or similar device!

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I'm pretty sure they had a forced migration to @outlook.com - you had to go out of your way to keep a hotmail alias. A new brand of special there.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I get what you're saying but it happened, although perhaps it was more avoidable than I remember. Since I moved to gmail long before I never went through it myself and didn't check loopholes but there was definitely a very big push to get people migrated to outlook.

^ also that, it's not as impossible as you're saying for it to be shut off, see every old person who won't leave bigpond for better isps because MY EMAIL

Edit again to say I checked and it was a forced migration, everyone now has a new @outlook as their primary email and their old @hotmail as an alias. These people are married to their lovely email addresses.

G-Spot Run fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

SKY COQ posted:

Jesus Christ get a good phone

• Locked thread