Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Volunteering at conferences is also an option! I got free entry to all three days of the ALIA Information Online conference in Sydney by volunteering to help with registration, giving directions, counting people in rooms etc. I had half each day to work on volunteer stuff and the other half I could wander freely, attend talks or visit vendors. Plus, now I can write the volunteering on my resume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I got a highly sought-after graduate librarian position at one of the biggest academic libraries in the country! It's an amazing opportunity to learn and get experience... so should I just suck it up and get over myself even though it's made me cry multiple times in four months, triggered self harm and suicidal thoughts, and I learned last week that crying in the toilets is actually an almost weekly occurrence for many of the staff here?...

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

A good librarian job - Start with a few cups of tea, let your hair down, then get stuck into the scotch.

https://youtu.be/aFYutqdY6f4

• Locked thread