Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm addicted to cement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

a kitten posted:

My staple food is LOVE

:same:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i love these two

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't give a flying fu~~~~~~~~~ck about the oboe and flute players at the start on S2 because I don't even know who they are because S1 didn't show them with any importance at all. Was oboe even there for the group shots in S1?

Mizore is actually visible in a bunch of shots in S1.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's good then.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i love these two

I want a spin off about these two

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Xelkelvos posted:

I want a spin off about these two

finally, a kyoani show bringing a solution to the growing dilemma of anime eyes being harder and harder to draw

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm fairly surprised about how much I like Yuuko now, considering what a pain in the butt she was in the first season.

But also

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

The voice acting really was superb, especially considering how oblivious I tend to be to that kind of thing and even I noticed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1l9hsLo2Qg

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

the shorts are funny but its so weird seeing those characters with no lighting and limited animation

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

ffffuuuu I just spent an hour downloading all of these individual videos for my next project, and here it is conveniently in one video file

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

AnacondaHL posted:

Welcome to the brass section! Do you play trumpet or low brass?

This is one of the reasons I liked this show a bunch cuz hell yea, low brass section gets top billing! This is also why I was sad for so little Hazuki because tubaaaaaa. Also because she was a fun character Her and Sapphire both were fun and I missed them a lot in season 2. Ultimately I liked this season even if it didn't live up to the fun I had in the first one. Some nice good moments though and yea, Kumiko's VA did a great loving job too. I guess time to wait and see what KyoAni does next.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I finished S2 last night and it was good but S1 was better. Reina got hit pretty badly in terms of character, really one dimensional overall in comparison to S1 but Asuka remained the best.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i kept waiting after the credits for the part where reina and kumiko would make out

still waiting

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i kept waiting after the credits for the part where reina and kumiko would make out

still waiting

let me tell you about some pixiv tags

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

still waiting

*insert 'that youtube/webm of the season 1 episode 11 scene where their faces get close but crudely edited to look like they are mashing their faces together but I can't find this anymore' here*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Apparently this is a freebie the artist is (or rather, was) handing out at comiket.

X

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 31, 2016

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Should I comment on the translation or just let it slide? :(

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

darkgray posted:

Should I comment on the translation or just let it slide? :(

Go for it friend, I know my jp isn't always the best.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I thought that second drawing of Asuka was pretty fun, so I made an avatar out of it.

I don't usually do this, so it's kinda poo poo, but oh well.

StandardVC10 fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 31, 2016

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Go for it friend, I know my jp isn't always the best.

I should point out that I don't translate because my English isn't expressive enough, but in terms of meaning, it's probably closer to:

でもその内 バレるから いいじゃん?
But it'd come out sooner or later, so relax?

いやいや カラオケとか 行かない限り 歌わないからっ!!
Heck no, I don't even sing outside of karaoke!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Ah, OK, those were the two lines I was least sure about. I only worry about that kind of thing for so long before going with something that more-or-less preserves the flow and seems about right. Thanks! I'll change it.

e: it is changed.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 31, 2016

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Holy poo poo, so I was searching (yet again) for a scene with Reina playing trumpet to make an avatar, and I just noticed that during Reina's solo of the 1st+2nd years' performance in the last episode, they really quickly cut to a shot of what looks like someone's hands tapping along to the beat - but it's actually Kaori air-fingering the notes of the solo.

The trumpet feels,.. I can't even... onions... :cry:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, that was nice attention to detail. Even for a terrible musician like the real life me, when I hear something I know how to play from muscle memory, it's basically instinct.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Apparently the reason for the Kumiko voice change in S2 is because the VA caught a cold when taping the first few episodes and had to stick with the voice even when she got over it.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
And now I'm just imagining her in the recording booth holding her nose closed for half the season :3

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zettace posted:

Apparently the reason for the Kumiko voice change in S2 is because the VA caught a cold when taping the first few episodes and had to stick with the voice even when she got over it.
that's the most fortunate cold in the history of the world

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I finished the show and now I'm crying I don't want it to be over

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
This show fuckin destroyed me.

Also Kumiko's VA still owns even with a cold.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Buhbuhj posted:

This show fuckin destroyed me.

Also Kumiko's VA still owns even with a cold.

A Good Avatar.

quote:

Illustrations from the Hibike! Euphonium Creator’s Message Book (eBay) featuring Yuko Yoshikawa and Natsuki Nakagawa, by animation directors Miku Kadowaki (門脇未来) and Kohei Okamura (岡村公平).

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
NakaYoshi is very powerful. I'm glad they got a Good End.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Not sure what the chicken is for but I thought this was cute:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I believe it's the next Zodiac year.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Oh geez, that makes perfect sense. Thanks.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
X
X

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wonderful show

AnacondaHL posted:

Holy poo poo, so I was searching (yet again) for a scene with Reina playing trumpet to make an avatar, and I just noticed that during Reina's solo of the 1st+2nd years' performance in the last episode, they really quickly cut to a shot of what looks like someone's hands tapping along to the beat - but it's actually Kaori air-fingering the notes of the solo.

The trumpet feels,.. I can't even... onions... :cry:

kill me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

asuka's story was good enough but the true ending was oboe fistbumps

• Locked thread