Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Good OP up there. I'm a Tuba player (among other instruments), but have played all brass but the French Horn (seriously, gently caress that mouth piece) here and there. I can't get enough music shows and with Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso looking like it's going to be wrapping itself up in the next couple weeks, this is very welcome indeed.

Edit: If the tuba girl has a 4-valve tuba you can all line up behind the best character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

a kitten posted:

Even though this show is about brass instruments, i hope that they can find room for the girl who plays the giant hammer.

I love the ear plug like "yeah this poo poo sucks"

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

Sometime recently the website got redesigned, including a section specifically for the instruments. I should have offered to write this webpage for them.
http://anime-eupho.com/instrument/

4-valve tuba. The best character has been decided.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

OP has been updated with the confirmed 2nd Euphonium and 2nd Trumpet models.

I don't think they even make legit 3 valve tubas anymore. 5 valve is the sweet spot; 6 and 7 valvers are trying way too hard to be hipster.

And they're so expensive that they're just using the same model for all 3 tuba characters lol.

Sadly, 3 valve is still all over the place. Getting a hold of a 4 valve is way harder than I wish it was. If I was endowed with more money than I currently posses, I would call up Yamaha for a 5, but I might not even be enough of a badass for that.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Aaaaaand done. I can't believe I didn't know this existed :smith:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

All I can think about is those things from Silent Hill 2

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

My image dump from the chat thread, for those who don't follow it: http://imgur.com/a/sEXsb

:cheers:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

a kitten posted:

The director is pumped.

Literally me right now

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

The OVA was good. I'm glad they validated my Tuba Code of Conduct joke in the OP :v:

Brass players do weird things like carry stuff for each other. Never understood that.

Disclaimer: I am a brass player (specifically a tuba)

ChubbyThePhat fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 31, 2015

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

I don't think brass players are true friends until they stick their mouthpiece into each others' instruments and play/try playing.

If they wanted to drive home the whole "fellowship over romance" thing they would have done this, and it would have been way more awesome than seeing the anim girls kiss.

I wonder if that would have meant the same thing to non-band people as it does to us with instruments.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Hungryjack posted:

I can still appreciate a friend putting her mouthpiece on my instrument.

It took me longer than I care to admit that this meant something other than the literal interpretation.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Hocus Pocus posted:

I finally got around to watching this after seeing it pop up on so many AOTY lists.

I love those moments in KyoAni shows where you get flickers that reveal a character's depth. And they sometimes literally are flickers - quick edits that show an expression easily missed, or something said under the breath as a character walks out of the room. Satoshi in Hyouka became such an interesting character by the end of that show because of the insecurities and jealousy he expressed in little asides.

Amagi Brilliant Park largely lacked that character depth, so I'm glad to see Hibike! Euphonium is full of it. With best girl Asuka especially.

That said, KyoAni, do the right thing. Reina and Kumiko's relationship is more romantic than any explicitly romantic relationship in anime this year. The visual language of this show is saying they are falling in love. But that probably won't become an actual thing.

The show is still great regardless. Really good voice acting, and that's not something that normally jumps out.

Glad to be of service :tipshat:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Hargrimm posted:

Season 2 starts airing in October!

Hell yes!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I am jealous of your swag. Also excellent recap of the.. recap?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Dang those look nice.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

That scene was so :3:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Fangz posted:

This is loving adorable.

http://imgur.com/a/ZswpR

:kimchi:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yeah drat, that's really impressive. Nice clean and clear high notes.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

No luck necessary. The show is great.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Hungryjack posted:

Hooray more Euphonium!

Soon...

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

ahhhh I can't watch it until tonight. Want so bad.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

https://track4.mixtape.moe/mbtgju.webm

BUT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Same. I really liked the ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat