Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I will say, one thing I'm hoping for from this season (besides the obvious) is that they have Reina's crush on Taki die a relatively painless death. If she spends a significant amount of screentime agonizing over a relationship that the audience knows isn't going to happen (and, y'know, shouldn't), that could turn into a bit of a slog.

i'm not super worried considering her crush on taki existed for, like, the five seconds she took to mention it and they never brought it up again in any way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hangin out with the gf

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
their voice acting this season is really good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/omu001/status/784472775096315905

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
for anyone curious, this is the song that played on the bus scene in episode 1 and on kumiko's earbuds in episode 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGNObWgU2Qw

it's a fun song to sing in the chorus for, if a bit murderous on your vocal chords

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I WISH SHUICHI WOULD DIE

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
im not going to enjoy it, because that would be insanely stupid and i don't derive enjoyment from seeing people get frustrated by things they like, which happen to be things i also like

but also i don't want shuichi to get eaten by a bear

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
here's an idea: shuichi continues to exist, and even participate as a character, but also doesn't become a love interest for kumiko

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/Bassist_Tom/status/788774185996685312

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://a.pomf.cat/tudwnv.mp4

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
naoko yamada is cooler than tarantino

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

when they decide they're going to change the bonus books to be good

unless there's more of the main novels, in which case, bring it on

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 8, 2016

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the only kyoani shows that i can think of that have super disappointing endings, were not very good shows from the start

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
like, the big one everyone hates is chuunibyou season 2 and, uh, chuunibyou season 2 kind of has a long stretch before the ending that is absolute garbage anyway, and it still wasn't very good before that!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Axel Serenity posted:

Like I said, I've never watched a Kyoani show, but I guess they're really bad about gay baiting or something?

euphonium is like the first show they've done with a heavily implied gay relationship

people actually joked about the lack of that in shows where people expected it the most

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think this episode did anything any other episode this season didn't do, the worst you can say is "it gave resolution to reina having feelings for taki" and the way they resolved it was literally taki saying "oh, uh, cool, glad to be your teacher"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
controversial opinion but shuichi owns and i love him because his ridiculously awkward interactions with kumiko and all the little moments where he literally gets shoved aside are fun to watch

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Tir McDohl posted:

Lol at anyone who thought Reina was over Taki as of last episode

she's pretty much given up on ever being in a relationship with him but that doesn't mean she can bottle up the fact that she has feelings for him

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think i ever truly appreciated just how amazingly fun and cool the characterization in eupho is until seeing all the images of glasses girl and her green-haired friend who both have their eyes permanently concealed

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i love these two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Xelkelvos posted:

I want a spin off about these two

finally, a kyoani show bringing a solution to the growing dilemma of anime eyes being harder and harder to draw

• Locked thread