Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

"I thought it might" is such bullshit. Everything about their interactions was deliberately presented romantically. They knew what they were doing, and they're assholes if they try to pin blame for expectations on their viewers.

I don't think they're being assholes, they're just being particularly coy in an environment where departing in such a huge way from the source material can get you in trouble with fans.

I'm sure that part of the arc for season 2 will be Kumiko settling for this bland moron guy but I trust Kyoani to handle it well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/783535602436337668

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
drat this remains a beautiful show. Has Kumiko been smoking cigarettes since the end of the last season? I agree that her voice sounds "off." Not bad, just different.

I didn't really mind the slower pace here; it's good to get a bit of a recap.

That the fireworks festival turned a bona fide date, complete with the jealous trashing of other suitors, had me literally laughing as I watched.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I really like what they've done with Asuka over the course of the show. You often see heels turn face but she goes from energetic best girl to heel (although it was there all along).

paragon1 posted:

Hope some focus comes back on Sapphire and Hazuki. They've basically not been in the past couple of episodes.

I agree!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

a kitten posted:

Outta the drat way Shuuichi

Hahaha I didn't notice that. KyoAni knows what the fans want.

I love this show.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Sapphire stoned af

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Huh, I guess I was higher on this ep than many of you. I think the Reina thing is definitively settled; Kumiko says that she never mentions it again and the last scene is literally showing "that bird has flown" (though I don't know if the Japanese have that metaphor).

We'll see, I suppose.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Not sure what the chicken is for but I thought this was cute:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Oh geez, that makes perfect sense. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

• Locked thread