Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Feb 28, 2015 21:47

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

ded posted:

Feb 28, 2015 21:47
RAAUZYUW RUOISTA9456 0123845-UUUU-RHHJRSC
ZNR UUUUU
010747Z MAR 15 ZYH
FM ARIONE
TO DED
INFO ZEN/GIP
BT
UNCLAS
QQQQ
PASS TO ALL BOOTS
OPERATE IN ZULU TIME. NO ONE CARES WHAT
TIME IT IS AT YOUR RUST BUCKET//
BT
8N34

Arione fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 1, 2015

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

ActusRhesus posted:

Schools create environments that empower bullies/shits/fuckups. The shifty kid doesn't care about suspensions. The good kid who would stand up to the shifty kid does. So now there is a disincentive for good kids to stand up to bullies and God knows most teacher's don't do shot about it.

sounds more like some awkward navy brat said the wrong thing to a jock who took advantage of the situation, hell I hear "what's up n***a" all the time around here. That's nothing to beat someone up over.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Match violence with violence, match words with words. The poo poo kid should be punched for jumping all over peoples' backs. If he's just talking poo poo you can just say something mean. In fact, people don't kill themselves over losing a fight, but if you can make them feel worthless enough with something you say they sometimes do. Did you know words really can hurt?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Arione posted:

sounds more like some awkward navy brat said the wrong thing to a jock who took advantage of the situation, hell I hear "what's up n***a" all the time around here. That's nothing to beat someone up over.

If I had a nickel every time I heard a black sailor use that word I'd be rich. If I had a nickel for every time I hear a white sailor friend say it in the company of said black sailors I could fill up a sock. It's frustrating.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sir Lucius posted:

Match violence with violence, match words with words. The poo poo kid should be punched for jumping all over peoples' backs. If he's just talking poo poo you can just say something mean. In fact, people don't kill themselves over losing a fight, but if you can make them feel worthless enough with something you say they sometimes do. Did you know words really can hurt?

The other kid hit hers first. He was saying the slurs and threw the first punch. Her kid is in trouble because his response was beating the poo poo out of the little bastard.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

LingcodKilla posted:

If I had a nickel every time I heard a black sailor use that word I'd be rich. If I had a nickel for every time I hear a white sailor friend say it in the company of said black sailors I could fill up a sock. It's frustrating.

once had a black staff-sergant calll me a "jigaboo" it was awkward

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

So 4-5 months of nickels?

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

gently caress medical and their record losing ways.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Pandasmores posted:

Aren't you an hm?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Pandasmores posted:

lol if you ever get sick or injured.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

PneumonicBook posted:

Aren't you an hm?

Yeah, and I still hate most corpsemen. Records room for the clinic next door is cleaning out their records and are finding some that were thought lost, one of which they brought to me because it had some mental health stuff in it. I remember the guy because he was a frequent patient, he was losing his mind looking for his record and they end up pulling it out of a cabinet 2 years after he needed it. Lord knows if he was able to get to the VA with some of the stuff considering he needed it to continue care. So yeah, gently caress medical. We've got some people that are alright, but a lot of dudes are clueless. One kid looked at me and was surprised someone "could be allergic to Sofas." Patient said Sulfa drugs. Motherfucking Sulfa, and this cockbag is scratching his head at an allergy he made up for a loving inanimate object.

Honestly I just need a Snickers and a handle of Kraken.

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!

Might have been auto correct, but I found this rather funny.

Serious talk: it's the military. Did you expect world class care with good bedside manners and a flawless method of maintaining medical records?

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
All pecker checker jokes aside, I have to admit that except for one incident, my experiences with the navy's medical system have been pretty much on the positive side. Carry on making fun of pecker checkers please.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
One time I went to the doc (e-6 corpseman) and told him 'it burns when I pee'. The dude hadn't even finished checking into the boat yet and the leaving cpo corpseman(lmbo) told him 'welp you can take this one'.

god drat the swab hurt

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

germskr posted:

Might have been auto correct, but I found this rather funny.

Serious talk: it's the military. Did you expect world class care with good bedside manners and a flawless method of maintaining medical records?

Wasn't autocorrect. I expected a bit more responsibility from them before they head out to their volunteering bake sales.

Favorite STD story is the one in the Marine thread where a Marine spent weeks trying to pop dick warts thinking they were pimples. The IDC doc gave him some stripping thing that skinned his balls. All he needed was an ointment or something hahaha.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Pandasmores posted:

Wasn't autocorrect. I expected a bit more responsibility from them before they head out to their volunteering bake sales.

Favorite STD story is the one in the Marine thread where a Marine spent weeks trying to pop dick warts thinking they were pimples. The IDC doc gave him some stripping thing that skinned his balls. All he needed was an ointment or something hahaha.

I would sooner chop my dick off than apply anything to it that was prescribed by a corpsman.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I would sooner chop my dick off than apply anything to it that was prescribed by a corpsman.

i was given a 7 pill z-pack, doc told me to eat 5 of them at the same time and throw the other 2 away. :boom: it worked.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pandasmores posted:

I still give that dude a whole lot of poo poo for doing that.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Wingnut Ninja posted:

But if Navy medicine caused your dick to fall off, they'd leave you entitled to disability, or a new robo-dick. Change the channel with your erection. Set off an EMP with your orgasms. Provide free wifi to the masses as you travel. The possibilities are endless! Then again, with the government, you'd be lucky if your replacement dong doesn't short circuit and leave you fried, but hey just another risk in free medicine.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nothing will suprise me about Navy medicine after they cut out a hemorrhoid but didnt think any pain meds other than a shot right before the cut was needed.

I needed some meds.

Badly.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
gross

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
You've been in less than 6 months and they have already caused you great rear end pain.

navy.txt

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Fart Sandwiches posted:

You've been in less than 6 months and they have already caused you great rear end pain.

navy.txt

he's so old he got hemorrhoid surgery in bootcamp instead of getting his wisdom teeth pulled

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Nothing will suprise me about Navy medicine after they cut out a hemorrhoid but didnt think any pain meds other than a shot right before the cut was needed.

I needed some meds.

Badly.

same

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

krispykremessuck posted:

he's so old he got hemorrhoid surgery in bootcamp instead of getting his wisdom teeth pulled

next month's thread title.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

poopkitty posted:

next month's thread title.

Thank my rear end for its service.

VVV I'm touched! VVV

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 5, 2015

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

Thank my rear end for its service.

Lingcodd has received the Purple Fart for injury incurred during the superior performance of his duties.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Time to test for first in a rate I've known for two months! Can't be dumber than the bottom 50%

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
So apparently coordinating the on base holiday party, and "sports day" both rate NAMS, 5 months TAD to security forces? not so much.... smdh

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Arione posted:

So apparently coordinating the on base holiday party, and "sports day" both rate NAMS, 5 months TAD to security forces? not so much.... smdh

Not to be a dick but we send our shittiest instructors to do security. It's like dcpo on a ship.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Arione posted:

4 corpsmen got NAMs two years ago for being part of the citadel exercise security was doing, they only did like 2 days. You'll get a NAM someday Arione, when you're separating probably :glomp:

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

PneumonicBook posted:

Not to be a dick but we send our shittiest instructors to do security. It's like dcpo on a ship.

Nah I voloed to get my shooting quals, never again.... was also told it was only 15 section duty, not 30 day activations that never end

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Arione posted:

Nah I voloed to get my shooting quals, never again.... was also told it was only 15 section duty, not 30 day activations that never end

Yea never ever volunteer for security poo poo. It always ends up being playing gate guard and bullshit. Raw deal that you volunteered and your command isn't supporting you.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Question for enlisted Goons:

When your DIVO has a job for you and he says "We need to take care of whatever task" when he of course really means you need to take care of it, is it more annoying than if he just comes right out and says "You need to do this" or does him saying "we" make you feel more like part of a team?

Asking for a friend.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

In a group situation, we is ok. Saying it to someone one on one when you're not actually helping with anything is lovely.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mr. Nice! posted:

In a group situation, we is ok. Saying it to someone one on one when you're not actually helping with anything is lovely.

I'm helping you by providing my leadership.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Applewhite posted:

I'm helping you by providing my leadership.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Question for enlisted Goons:

When your DIVO has a job for you and he says "We need to take care of whatever task" when he of course really means you need to take care of it, is it more annoying than if he just comes right out and says "You need to do this" or does him saying "we" make you feel more like part of a team?

Asking for a friend.

Better with being up front with who is doing what, leadership is more than just telling people what to do such as delegating workload around so that the team remains balanced and you gain trust in the people around you to do whatever they're assigned. If they don't know how to do and you have a body to spare, have them teach the fucker. If fucker is an idiot, then don't just let him loaf around and do something about it, bring in 3rd or 2nd or 1st classes to teach him something if there's some issue with them doing it, Chief being the last guy that needs to be bothered with it because his coffee might get cold.

• Locked thread