Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Mr. Nice! posted:

You should aggressively assault him. Do poo poo to gently caress him.

That looks better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

bengy81 posted:

IRREGARDLESS of your feelings Petty Officer, it would BEHOOVE you to UNFUCK your ATTITUDE before I have to put my size 10 boot up your rear end. :chiefsay:

You see, chief, what had happened was...

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

:suicide:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
At my DEP meeting today we had a guy bragging about him making nuke. The whole time I was all :smug: while he was trying to seem all awesome.

Another guy complaining because he was two points under on his ASVAB. I told him he lucked out but then he called me dumb. :cripes:

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
he'll learn once he gets to bootcamp/a-school/the fleet and literally everyone uses nuke derogatorily and is always talkin smack on nukes. he'll know

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Shipmate. The first rule of leadership is to not call people out in front of others.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The first two are what's important.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/02/iranian-missile-test-disrupts-navy-sapr/

So is this a violation of OPSEC?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Where's the GIP OPSEC police

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

"personing the rails"

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

he'll learn once he gets to bootcamp/a-school/the fleet and literally everyone uses nuke derogatorily and is always talkin smack on nukes. he'll know
haha those nukes and their post-navy job prospects. :laugh:

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Mad Dragon posted:

hey man my rate has jobs prospects, too, bub

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Mad Dragon posted:

you mean scraping paint and flipping burgers isnt a good post navy job chief? I hear as a MA all that ID checking experience nets you a pretty sweet job as a walmart greeter, or maybe even a sam's club receipt checker. k9 units get to be mall cops!

Arione fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Mar 11, 2015

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Arione posted:

you mean scraping paint and flipping burgers isnt a good post navy job chief? I hear as a MA all that ID checking experience nets you a pretty sweet job as a walmart greeter, or maybe even a sam's club receipt checker. k9 units get to be mall cops!

I overheard a chief giving a pep talk to a group of 15 restricted sailors that going to the fleet undesignated wasn't so bad because now they get to see more jobs and maybe IT or CT wasn't for them anyways.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

LingcodKilla posted:

I overheard a chief giving a pep talk to a group of 15 restricted sailors that going to the fleet undesignated wasn't so bad because now they get to see more jobs and maybe IT or CT wasn't for them anyways.

Good ol cory station, few years ago they just sent you to HT or MC school, tho i saw a few shitbags get sent MA. to go undesignated you pretty much had to rape someone.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Bos'ns mates have more fun/better friends than any other rate so it's a trade off.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
My boss just told me, "We've always done it that way why change it now?" In response to a change I'd proposed in an assessment.

He is not, as commonly the case when this phrase is uttered, a SN or PO3.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
From my experience it's more often chiefs and officers that behave this way.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Fart Sandwiches posted:

From my experience it's more often chiefs and officers that behave this way.

In this case your anecdotal evidence checks out. I retract my previous accusation. Keelhaul all khakis.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Boon posted:

In this case your anecdotal evidence checks out. I retract my previous accusation. Keelhaul all khakis.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Boon posted:

I wonder if it's just resistance to actually having to learn in their old age? If someone finds out a better or more efficient way, that means they weren't smart enough to figure it out themselves, so it's a personal insult to their intelligence. This insecurity then embiggens a threat response to shut the initiative down.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Arione posted:

Good ol cory station, few years ago they just sent you to HT or MC school, tho i saw a few shitbags get sent MA. to go undesignated you pretty much had to rape someone.

All underage drinkers except one(loser who bought the booze) and one chick ended up in the hospital but is ok now.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

LingcodKilla posted:

All underage drinkers except one(loser who bought the booze) and one chick ended up in the hospital but is ok now.

Plugged and Chugged the fetus right outta her.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

LingcodKilla posted:

was it another mandingo party? we had a girl hold one when i was there, her and the 9 dudes all went up

Arione fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 11, 2015

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Arione posted:

wa sit another mandingo party? we had a girl hold one when i was there, her and the 9 dudes all went up

Strangely enough it looked to be about 50% boy/girl with a good mix of races representatin! Brought a tear to my eye that alcohol abuse in the navy really knows no race/gender lines.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

Strangely enough it looked to be about 50% boy/girl with a good mix of races representatin! Brought a tear to my eye that alcohol abuse in the navy really knows no race/gender lines.

:911:

Global force for Booze.

Serjeant Buzfuz fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 12, 2015

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

LingcodKilla posted:

United we keg stand.

nacirema
Nov 18, 2008
I got orders to Okinawa naval hospital as a scrub, woo! Anone know what to expect from the island or surrounding islands?

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

nacirema posted:

I got orders to Okinawa naval hospital as a scrub, woo! Anone know what to expect from the island or surrounding islands?

Curfews and rain.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

nacirema posted:

Expect to never leave base, you filthy rapist.

nacirema
Nov 18, 2008

ded posted:

Expect to never leave base, you filthy rapist.

What happened to forget and forgive?

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

nacirema posted:

What happened to forget and forgive?

Doesn't translate well into Japanese.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

nacirema posted:

lol

90% of people I talk to absolutely hate it. A handful have an amazing time and don't want to leave. Most of the poo poo part comes from lame curfews, base lockdowns, and no drinking because Marines/Sailors keep raping or stabbing people.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
So I'm in "Training" on swings. After a few weeks stuck in this purgatory I've finally convinced my trainer that I do in fact want to test out of training sometime this lifetime.

I guess everyone just spends months on swings discussing video games instead of having a job or something.

I dunno.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Laranzu posted:

I guess everyone just spends months on swings discussing video games instead of having a job or something.

I dunno.

Pointless BS is the backbone of this navy.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=85968

The Navy seriously just developed a cell phone app for div-os and chiefs to use at work despite the fact that 2/3 of the Navy isn't allowed to have their cell phone at work. I swear to god I thought this was a Duffel Blog article.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Lou Takki posted:

:911:

Global force for Booze.

Next month's thread title

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Cerekk posted:

The Navy seriously just developed a cell phone app for div-os and chiefs to use at work despite the fact that 2/3 of the Navy isn't allowed to have their cell phone at work. I swear to god I thought this was a Duffel Blog article.

quote:

The eDIVO app is the creation of two junior officers, Lt. Charlie Hymen and Lt. John Harry, who were frustrated with the arduous task of sifting through numerous websites and documents in search of military guidance. Today, their idea and determination has led to the eDIVO app, developed by the Navy and now available for free in the App Store and Google Play Store.

#justgenyproblems

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mad Dragon posted:

#millennialproblems

FTFY shippy :chiefsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Cerekk posted:

quote:

The eDIVO app aggregates publicly available information providing quick access to more than 44 documents

Dozens of documents!

• Locked thread