Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

Dozens of documents!

A technological marvel. The future is now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
An app that saves documents to your personal media device? Inconceivable!

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

They all whine alike to me.:shrug:

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
Haha, oh wow. All the students at CID just had to sign these new Page 13's. They all have a single paragraph on them and it's too good not to share. It defines (so it can outlaw) sexual activity (on base).

quote:

For the purposes of this instruction, "sexual activity" means fondling, foreplay, vaginal intercourse, anal intercourse, fellatio, cunnilingus, digital penetration of the vagina or anus, or penetration of the vaginal or anal opening by an inanimate object, when such an activity concurs between persons, regardless of the sex of the individuals involved. To arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person is also defined as sexual activity, which may include kissing.

Every single student had to sign one.
They even had Chiefs come in to explain and elaborate on things like what "digital penetration" means.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I would like to know what exactly digital penetration is, as defined by the finest NCOs of the United States Navy.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

ded posted:

I would like to know what exactly digital penetration is, as defined by the finest NCOs of the United States Navy.

Don't stick your calculator in her rear end. Now get qualified! :chiefsay:

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

ded posted:

I heard one was wiggling her fingers in the air as she said it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mad Dragon posted:

#justgenyproblems

It took two LTs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stultus Maximus posted:

It took two LTs.

They probably had half a dozen JGs below them to actually collect the documents.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

ded posted:

I prefer the warm, organic feel of analog penetration.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Vriess posted:

Haha, oh wow. All the students at CID just had to sign these new Page 13's. They all have a single paragraph on them and it's too good not to share. It defines (so it can outlaw) sexual activity (on base).

They even had Chiefs come in to explain and elaborate on things like what "digital penetration" means.

Actually they didnt explain it in my class and nobody asked the chief questions.

They just asked me after he left instead so I got to explain that digital penetration was not putting iphones in each others hoohahs.

Got to explain the difference between rape and sexual assault too. I love these kids.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004
What a stupid app. Who the hell would want to pull up a scanned PDF regulation on their cell phone, ever?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

buttplug posted:

What a stupid app. Who the hell would want to pull up a scanned PDF regulation on their cell phone, ever?

SWOs.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Vriess posted:

Looks like they brought in the experts to give training.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

buttplug posted:

know the last page we were on when we were talkin bout shipmating people?

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Vriess posted:

does that apply only to base or is the hotel 50 yards from base about to go out of business?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Arione posted:

does that apply only to base or is the hotel 50 yards from base about to go out of business?

I could make a killing with an RV parked right off base.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

I could make a killing with an RV parked right off base.

I'm surprised a rather fancy looking Holiday Inn express opened up just down the road. Must be for officers and their mistresses. (O1-O2 only. O3+ Go to the closest Hilton)

Edit: Two more years until its just as bad as the Comfort Inn next to Budddddyyyyyzzzzz (Formerly Bomerrrzzzz)

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Laranzu posted:

I'm surprised a rather fancy looking Holiday Inn express opened up just down the road. Must be for officers and their mistresses. (O1-O2 only. O3+ Go to the closest Hilton)

Edit: Two more years until its just as bad as the Comfort Inn next to Budddddyyyyyzzzzz (Formerly Bomerrrzzzz)

Boomers closed? lets have a moment of silence for all the tag chasers I smashed.

is cabannas still open over by UWF? used to get pretty decent sorority chick over there.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Is there a CSI: Cyber discussion thread somewhere on the forums? I checked TVIV and YOSPOS and couldn't find it. It's our new favorite show at work, and even has a Navy captain who uses a holographic display to examine dead bodies.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Sir Lucius posted:

and even has a Navy captain who uses a holographic display to examine dead bodies.

Well you know its made up now. Ive never seen a captain work. realistically the corpse would be on the table being poked at by 2 HMSNs and they would report that all that's needed is motrin and fresh socks

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Arione posted:

Well you know its made up now. Ive never seen a captain work. realistically the corpse would be on the table being poked at by 2 HMSNs and they would report that all that's needed is motrin and fresh socks

Also that they yelled at it about malingering.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:
hang all captains

Putting in my request to crossrate and get a line about "Oh well shipmate you have to put down three ratings, not just CTN, and if CTN doesn't work but the second or third does, you have no choice but to take those orders. YOU FEELIN LUCKY?"

So I put down EOD and BUD/s, so that if I get sent to one of them I can get sent back to the detailer within two weeks for either another shot at CTN, or screw it I'll just loaf around my last six months until I get out. In the meantime I'll investigate this CC's shadiness when I'm back from this, yet another, TAD.

Or I could be the first SEAL that's always going "MAN FUQ THIS I JOINED TO BE A CTN" as I flail a rifle around at Ahmed.

Analogical fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 15, 2015

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
You don't have to put three rates down. Your ccc is as usual a loving idiot.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Analogical posted:

So I put down EOD and BUD/s, so that if I get sent to one of them I can get sent back to the detailer within two weeks for either another shot at CTN, or screw it I'll just loaf around my last six months until I get out.
drat, I love how rad this is. It's like saying, "if you can't give me the rate I want then just give me MCPON or let me fly F-18's." The fuckers can't tell you "no" because it's so god drat moto, but they know that you know that you know they're bullshit choices.

I hope you end up stuck being a seal.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Pandasmores posted:

Also that they yelled at it about malingering.

NJP would read member refused to sign

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Seconding that you do not have to select three ratings. Three is the most you can pick, but it's your option. If you pick CTN only and aren't selected for it, you'll remain where you are unless you're unsuitable for some reason (security clearance, medical or whatever). Then you can try again later. Picking three ratings saves paperwork and time for your CCC and chain of command, but who cares about that?

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?

Laranzu posted:

A technological marvel. The future is now!

I downloaded this app for the novelty, so far it has had none of the pubs that I have needed to reference. And more pointedly, if I needed to reference a publication, especially one of those on the app, chances are approximately 100% that I will be using a computer, where said pub is a few clicks away.

So they identified a non-problem and then solved it. COMMs all around!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I got chewed on by a Marine officer today. Stupid little silver bars are really loving hard to see on your desert camis. I'm sorry I mistook you for a E-1 and just smiled.

I'll do better next time sir. Sorry Sir. Wont happen again Sir. Sir.

Why cant we all get along?

Would happen to the first Marine officer I run across.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Should have explained that you are a reservist, too old for this poo poo, and that you don't, in fact, give a gently caress.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

Should have explained that you are a reservist, too old for this poo poo, and that you don't, in fact, give a gently caress.

I think it made his day. I'm ok with that.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

I got chewed on by a Marine officer today. Stupid little silver bars are really loving hard to see on your desert camis. I'm sorry I mistook you for a E-1 and just smiled.

I'll do better next time sir. Sorry Sir. Wont happen again Sir. Sir.

Why cant we all get along?

Would happen to the first Marine officer I run across.

Where did this happen?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Corey station. The center for information dominance!

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Sir Lucius posted:

Corey station. The center for information dominance!

That was what I assumed but I didn't think there were many butter bar Marines running around Correy.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Marines aren't real people so you're okay.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
all the marine officers at CIDUHR were chill rear end dudes

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
If he's a butter bar at an Intel command he's probably the most moto piece of poo poo in the world. Especially if prior enlisted.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fart Sandwiches posted:

If he's a butter bar at an Intel command he's probably the most moto piece of poo poo in the world. Especially if prior enlisted.

Nah he was a two silver bar officer(Lieutant I guess). I just start wildly saluting every direction if I can tell its an officer and he got me walking out of the turnstile from the medical clinic.

I freaking hate walking out of the compounds and right into a swarm of O-1s arriving for class. Sometimes I feel like I have to salute with both arms theres so many of them.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004
2 silver bars (aka railroad tracks) is a Captain in the USMC. http://www.defense.gov/about/insignias/

Give it 6 months, you literally won't think twice about when to salute (or not). It'll just come naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Camouflage uniforms and anything with subdued rank insignia should be no-salute situations. You're intentionally obscuring your shiny status, don't expect every person walking by to have laser salute-o-vision.

I once walked past a Seabee chief wearing the green NWUs (I was in a flight suit with a ball cap), and we just stared at each other awkwardly because neither of us had any idea where to look for rank insignia. He actually turned around, apologized, and saluted (very :chiefsay: ) and we had a laugh about it.

Working Rimpac with all the foreign military guys was even weirder. I just saluted if I saw three or more of anything (stripes, stars, bars, maple leaves, whatever).

• Locked thread