Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Nothing will suprise me about Navy medicine after they cut out a hemorrhoid but didnt think any pain meds other than a shot right before the cut was needed.

I needed some meds.

Badly.

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Applewhite posted:

I'm helping you by providing my leadership.

lol

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
shippie it would behoove you to wear your badge in respect to navy uniform regulation X-X-Y..

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

DustyNuts posted:

Score isn't super important but it can be used as a tie-breaker during the selection board.

I have really come to loving hate the word behoove. Every semiliterate dork in the Navy uses that word to sound smart. Thanks for triggering me Nwabudike Morgan.

my LPO used to say it all the time and it is permanently tattooed on my brain

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

terminal lance is great, totally relate-able between navy and marines, same with SMLPOS

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
he'll learn once he gets to bootcamp/a-school/the fleet and literally everyone uses nuke derogatorily and is always talkin smack on nukes. he'll know

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Mad Dragon posted:

haha those nukes and their post-navy job prospects. :laugh:

hey man my rate has jobs prospects, too, bub

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

buttplug posted:

What a stupid app. Who the hell would want to pull up a scanned PDF regulation on their cell phone, ever?

know the last page we were on when we were talkin bout shipmating people?

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
all the marine officers at CIDUHR were chill rear end dudes

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

Of course boots deserve to look like idiots.

keelhaul the lot of em'

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
there were legit sub-30 year old chiefs aplenty in hampton roads cause of dat sweet sweet IS advancement

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
so, i'm in the reserves, and i've been waiting for like 4 months doing weekly phone musters to check the status of my orders to be technically gained into the reserves and my intel unit here in SD, and I just got an email from the PS3 at admin with a bunch of attached PDFs i have to sign and email back to him saying that if i don't do these quick I can be adsepped.
first off, i'm confused cause I knew all this time i've been sitting waiting for my orders to be processed, being told that i haven't been gained and to call next week over and over, this sort of blind sided me
second off, maybe i should just get adsepped??

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
i mean like, i guess i could just get adsepped and boogey on out of the navy with my top secret clearance, but that would feel like a pretty BM move.
does adsep carry the same negative connotations that OTH or DH does when applying for government/civilian positions?

edit: also one of the pdf's he sent me was an already filled out life insurance policy of an airman lol

Nwabudike Morgan fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 19, 2015

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Kawasaki Nun posted:

ADSEPs can carry a variety of dismissal types as its just a separation process IIRC. Why don't you contact your LPO or whoever and make sure this ps3 isn't a retard?

I don't know anything about the reserves but have you not spoken to anyone in your chain about this? They'd have much more relevant information for you

Edit: Jesus you guys seem to get pretty bent out of shape over evals.

i basically don't have a chain of command. haven't got my bonus, haven't drilled, wanted to start IDW class but was told I won't be able to until i'm gained and am in a unit.
and then i was never gained, every week i called, still wasn't gained, then i got this email.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Kawasaki Nun posted:

It seems you've hit an insurmountable obstacle. Looks like navy Intel might not be for you.

it's actually more surmountable than it seems. the way i see it i have 2 options:
1. do the paperwork and submit it and see where that takes me
2. don't do the paperwork and get out of the navy and 420 blaze it

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
i would love to take option 2 but idk if it would gently caress up my chances at getting a job places cause of adsep-a-rino :shrug:

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I love how people always come in here and are like shoot should I get out or re-enlist? And after 20 posts saying out they're always like Ehhhh think I'm gonna do another 4. You know, save money

Gets a dependa with baggage that has 3 of his kids, becomes chief and makes juniors miserable because he is. Wellll don't wanna go home to my bitchy wife just gonna stay at work and if I'm here you're here

hey man cut me a lil slack, we used to play UO together so you already know im a dirty sperg

we ride together we die together

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Yes.... I've heard about the paying for certs but nothing official. I'll take a look this COOL thing I've never heard of tonight. Still no official contact with Reserves. I understand someday they will get in contact with me.

alternatively, they'll never get in contact with you

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Cerekk posted:

Wait, watchstanders don't have chairs on surface ships? Why in the hell?

well, the captain does

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
they wouldnt let me into the top secret spaces on the midway :shrug:

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
CIVIC, etc. you can scope out the RDBM on the bridge though that was pretty neat

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
im pretty sure i know that dude. FC that got a prince albert while i was in Virginia and loved to show it off, now hes on a DDG

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
you can probably bring your computer (?)
i had my computer in dam neck and it was 3 people to a room. in fact it worked out good cause we split a cox cable bill between us, each paying like 15 bucks a month

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
ayyyy-yo 5am posts

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
This is the GROUND FLOOR of early morning posting GET IN now !!

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
come to west coast or as I like to call it "hands in pockets dude-man navy"

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

Do you mean mobilization or actual permanent transition to active duty sailoring?

might as well mobilize imo get all the bennies of active duty for a 1-2 year period including GI bill credit/retirement credit & cash & healthcare and when you get back you can be like nah i dont wanna deploy for another two years, or maybe i do, cause im a reservist and have some choice

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

This. I'm too old to go active permanently but I'm good for active reserve or a mobilization.

once you check into your command and do indoc and get set up with NSIPS access you can change your status to volunteer and that will open you up to many opportunities to mobilize and go do some active duty time as a reservist. what's your rate again? cause if it's any kinda IDC we're kind of a hot commodity right now for mobilization

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

IT e3 just about to complete A school

i believe IT is considered a part of the IDC.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Arione posted:

IT is the IDC, gently caress CT's

i'm an IS, the coolest part of the IDC

LingcodKilla posted:

Excellent. Going to try like hell to get something Bangor, Puget or Keyport. Silverdale looks pretty nice.
good luck shippie, im guessing once you got to a-school and stuff they got ya with the koolaid and active duty or mobilization looks pretty neat. happened to me too now im totes gonna mobilize, no ragrets etc.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Null Integer posted:

The speed that the Navy moves admin is sometimes terrifying, terrifying slow....

Still waiting for someone somewhere in the states to stamp my SUBDQ paperwork, so I can finally be released from the submarine community. But because it's taking so long, it's time to go back to "Fit for Full" and fend off orders until my force conversion is processed which can only happen once SUBDQ is finalized. I've also been the one driving this entire process, paperwork and all, I would hate for someone to actually have to rely on other people to finish this. Although I'm sure my current ECM will be happy to get rid of me(extremely overmanned), then after that it's time to poke ECMs for anyone that will take me, fighting for CTN, CT(Whatever) then IT, being a first class makes it kinda of pain in the rear end though. Any CT's willing to vouch for me?

tl;dr: the navy sucks at paperwork and it's own programs, no way a junior sailor could get though this without inadvertently loving himself over...

i seperated from active duty in december, and only now got indoc'd into my reserve command this weekend.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

PneumonicBook posted:

Excellent, the reserves sound grand!

what's even neater is you could just not show up to drill and they'll just adsep you too, if you want an easy out

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

squarerandom posted:

Yo. I still have all the RC to AC forms if that is what you're asking.

i heard going rc to ac is drat near impossible tho. also i dont see why not just mobilize, same bennies and points towards gi bill/retirement, and you have the option of just chillin at home and being a weekend warrior when you get back from mob

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Nick Soapdish posted:

I will say it again; on active everyone I knew wanted out or to the reserves and in the reserves everyone one either wants to go active or mob. Complete 'grass is greener' syndrome.

from what i've seen this is super true. the only exception is the strange dudes who go from IRR to reserves

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
NAVADMIN actually put out their thing recently of peeps they need to go active from reserves, and most of the intel rates were on there, including IS.
made me strongly consider putting in my active duty package but after consideration IDK why not just mobilize instead and get the best of both worlds

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

squarerandom posted:

I'm working on orders right now with my LPO, helpful dude whose gotten a few people on long term orders within our unit. RC/AC was just my first option before I got more vocal on requesting orders/MOBs. And I'm top of the short list too, and called in mob office to try and get something.

what's your rate brother?

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

squarerandom posted:

I'm a CTT my man.

rad man. like i was talkin earlier us intel dudes are hot commodities for mob opportunities. hope you get some rad orders.
i'm waiting till i get frocked to third class before i start trying to mob, which shouldnt be too long here. talked to my LCPO and he's a really cool rear end EOD and was totally down with doing everything he's gotta do to get my rear end frocked

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
how the heck do i access my navy email from home?
i got my cac reader and etc

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
so wait, i'm technically not allowed to look at my email on a non-NIPer/government pc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
it would appear none of these sites are workin for me, unfortunately, so i can't even break the rules if i want to and i kinda do

• Locked thread