Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

If I had a nickel every time I heard a black sailor use that word I'd be rich. If I had a nickel for every time I hear a white sailor friend say it in the company of said black sailors I could fill up a sock. It's frustrating.

So 4-5 months of nickels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010

germskr posted:

Question about correcting a senior person (LDO).

So this guy is all about uniform regulations and whatnot, which is fine but he stopped someone the other day and was hemming them up about attention to detail, etc. I couldn't help but notice his MA badge was not according to regulations (flush to the US Navy tape if it's the cloth badge, 1/4 inch if it's metal- and he's wearing the cloth with the 1/4 inch gap.) Normally I don't care about things like that but I thought it was ironic that he was correcting someone when he himself was not in accordance with regulations. How does one go about "correcting" a senior person who thinks he's God's gift to the Navy?

"Excuse me sir, your badge is off a bit."

Is an anonymous tip to the CO really necessary for something that petty?

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Well what are those fundraisers funding?

I always thought that they went towards covering the cost of the pinning ceremony.

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Oh yeah I've seen car washes, pizza sales, bake sales, burrito sales, and all sorts of poo poo. Bilking junior sailors for chief drinking money is a time honored tradition.

When I was a student at prototype in New York I pissed off a lot of the selectees by walking past their burger sale and buying a burger at the cafe instead. It was actually a little surprising how upset they got.

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010

Kawasaki Nun posted:

All the chicken selects I met in the nuke pipeline were surprisingly relaxed as they had not been fixed yet. Plus training at MARF was a collective misery that seemed to make things a bit more laid back.

The poo poo they got into at Kingsbay on the other hand. Saw a little obstacle course set up with fog machines and firetrucks that we were threatened to stay the gently caress away from

I guess it varies year to year. On the plus side, after qualifying at MARF qualifying in the fleet was a breeze. It's amazing how much simpler everything was when people would actually give checkouts.

• Locked thread