Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

Also going with a couple of guys who may get me killed so if I die in a circular saw accident you're all faggots. Namaste.

Lol at this basic boot bitch so bitter and he hasn't even reached his follow on school, you're gonna go far kid

Everyone warned you and warned you and you didn't listen and now you are bent over ankles grabbed and getting uncle sam's big cock shoved up your rear end with no lube, congrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

krispykremessuck posted:

pretty sure it's actually his second time around

Even worse because he went back.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

Orange Juche don't pass judgement until I have married a stripper, please

Times a wastin, boot. I expect you to post your marriage certificate and subsequent divorce certificate in the navy thread within 12 months.

e: :chiefsay:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 30, 2015

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Q: get out of navy yes/no, ive got a year left in my contract, any orders i take i will need to obliserv for. my teacher orders got cancelled, and I haven't obliserved yet, so I am at that wonderful part of career where all options are open.

I'm leaning heavily towards yes, but when would be the best time to drop that bomb on the command, because it is guaranteed that saying gently caress YOU GOT MINE is gonna piss a lot of people off, and I will get sent to a lovely TAD within a week or 2.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

krispykremessuck posted:

well you can't really criticize ol maffew here if you don't get out yourself

It's not really a question of what do, more a question of when do.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lol those chiefs could get their poo poo wrecked for posting that.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

krispykremessuck posted:

The divide still exists within the GS pay structure, and definitely between GS/W* schedules.

e: there's even some gay little rating scrapfights between certain job-series codes

holy poo poo it's like people who get poached out of active duty into a gs job carry their dumb gay bullshit with them

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Arione posted:

did you see the poo poo on MCPONS page abut giving boots acer tablets during P-days?! what is this fuckery? god help their IT department.

I thought the point of boot camp was to break your lovely civ habits and turn you into a little robot? Giving them tablets and letting them be connected to poo poo undoes that.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Well if the tablets are locked to only the crap they wanted us to learn about in the blue jackets manual (which we werent allowed to look at less we break the binding and ruin an inspection) and that other useless guide, you know the one with missing words you could only get from terrible lectures. So many loving typos. Perhaps a flash card app. Wouldnt be the end the world.

I didn't give a poo poo and read my bluejackets manual anyways because gently caress it. Didn't have a tablet though so :shrug:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Nothing to post about. Lazy sunday morning. No duty. Raining. Roommate wont leave so I cant jerk off without getting sappered. Sigh.

Rip in piss

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Arione posted:

IT is the IDC, gently caress CT's

Printer bitches 4 life

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lou Takki posted:

What the gently caress, its just hanging there in the air? Doesn't look right to me.

Its a conspiracy just like 9/11.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Stuck in the galley during a TS1 alert. Fat sailor gonna get fat.

eat the eggs smash mouth

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Howard Phillips posted:

Some of us are in the real Navy!:dukedog:

:gooncamp:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I got like an 80 or some poo poo, guess I'm loving retarded, I re-enlisted 3 years ago after all, but I just told my NCC last monday that I was done with the Navy, so I eagerly await being sent TAD to Security.

I am in full Skater Second Class mode right now though.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fart Sandwiches posted:

One time I skated so hard I got out of an award ceremony and was left to man the space. Captain ropeyarned entire command and no one told me so I sat alone by myself till the end of the day.

Use your powers wisely.

I missed mandatory all hands SAPR training on Friday already, they were gone for like 3 hours and someone walked in the shop and asked why I wasn't there. My response was that I didn't have any clue the training was going on. Skating owns.

I've missed 2 retirement ceremonies in the last 2 months as well, shits great.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ManMythLegend posted:

So apparently I'm promoting on Friday as opposed to in June like I thought.

Drinks on MML

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I guess MML isn't submitting a resignation letter then?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MancXVI posted:

Abolish all warfare pins imo the navy imo

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MancXVI posted:

Captain T-shirt :confused:

Before Mr. Nice got medically separated, he worked for a captain who wound up burning him for over a grand for DESRON T-shirts, by saying that he had never authorized the purchase, even though he told Mr. Nice to purchase the shirts.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Howard Phillips posted:

Any comment on Ghent area? Looking to live there.

Ghent is the best area in the poo poo sandwich that is Norfolk.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sir Lucius posted:

Don't you get 3 failures before they kick you out? That's over a year to put down the fork.

PUT DOWN THE FORK, FATTY

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

a dude bought me a coke slurpee today and thanked me for my service :911:

Were you walking around in your uniform? Shame on you.

LingcodKilla posted:

Holy crap Corry FEP is just a puddle of sadness.

Fatbodies gonna fat.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

For running not pulling fat girls at the closest off base bar.

:iceburn:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sir Lucius posted:

I no poo poo got an email about mandatory training for "triggering and perception bias." Looks like it's time to launch all nukes.

Nuke the earth, salt the ashes, and then attach hugeass rockets to it and pitch what's left into the sun

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Analogical posted:

Maybe a wise course of action would be testing all qualified sailors again, seeing what the majority got right and then restructuring the pins around what is ultimately used, taking into account rating-specific knowledge.

Wise is not what the navy does very well.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

vulturesrow posted:

You've actually witnessed that? That is beyond doucebaggery somewhere into the realm of pathetic.

I have received requests for this, if I had access to my old PST from my previous command I would copy/paste one of these e-mails here.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That letter is making the rounds @ work, the reactions of everyone here range from shock to laughter.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

vulturesrow posted:

Well as MML said, there can't be any substantive change in the way officer promotions are handled until Congress heavily revises, or better yet, shitcans, DOPMA. So hopefully the legislation they present is a) sensible and b) Congress takes it seriously.

Getting congress to take anything seriously in TYOOL 2015 :negative:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lol if someone ever hit me in the face with a binder, you better loving bet I'm going to swing back.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 16, 2015

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

But yeah either that OPSO is bitchmade or possesses an ungodly amount of restraint, there's some poo poo you Just Don't Do to another person, flinging a binder at their face is one of them.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Sigh. A Corry student riding to his first duty station sped away from cops and crashed his bike going over 140mph friday night.

I'm not totally surprised as I saw doing wheelies down the center of base. Still he was a nice friendly outgoing guy. He was hard to miss too as he was about 6'6" black dude in cowboy boots.

Closed-casket funeral then? :rip:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 18, 2015

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

poopkitty posted:

gently caress this Sasebo weather. But hell's yeah bicycle rental. We need bike rentals in Yoko. Maybe it won't be awful tomorrow.

all the windows are open and i have fans in every window, still to fuckin hot.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ManMythLegend posted:

We're abusing the gently caress out of the AC getting turned on today. #blessed

Where the hell are you that the AC is turning on today?

E: Just checked gently caress YES THE AC WORKS THANK YOU GOD I AM SAVED FROM JAPAN SUMMER! Windows closed gonna freezeout in this bitch!

orange juche fucked around with this message at 12:33 on May 18, 2015

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Picked up first, what the gently caress do I do now?

E: I'll go do sweepers.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

PneumonicBook posted:

Find E5s and below to do sweepers.

I'm at a staff command. I'm still low man on the totem pole.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

germskr posted:

Start signing your emails as PO1 (SEL) (WARFARE DEVICE) orange juche.

Edit: also start attending CPO 365. They had a clip from "The Empire Strikes Back" when Yoda lifts the X-Wing out of the swamp. I think the analogy is that the Chief's Mess is supposed to lift sailors' morale or something like that.

I should be that guy, the one who sends the e-mail to the tech desk asking them to change my GAL listing to say PO1(SEL)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Howard Phillips posted:

The SDGO is San Diego. It's saying that precom will shift homeport from Bath Maine to San Diego at some point.

Sasebo MCM will get you ports in South Korea as well as different parts of Japan and even Australia and PI. MCMs don't have much higher endurance than a week or 2 so you literally are only at sea for a couple days between ports. Counterpoint: Sasebo, JP is subtropical practically, it is almost always warm to hot, and MCMs are full of weenie-touchers because no females on board. Take that as you will.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

So.... I got a question. If I got randomly flipped off by somebody on restricted and then immediately informed the petty officer in charge (mostly because I was confused because I didnt know the dude). Turns out he was talking to his buddy I'm having issues with outside the galley(I saw them talking). The petty officer tried to convince me to let him just handle it in house since "his life couldnt get anyworse"(bullshit).

Is this because the petty officer would also get in trouble for letting his restricted boys mingle with regular sailors or he just doesnt want to deal with paper work?

I love a-school drama. I don't know if schoolhouse mandates extra-dumb rules for restriction personnel, but hanging out with non restricted personnel is usually not verboten in the fleet. Generally going on restriction at the schoolhouse results in a loss of your school, and if you didn't have a rate already that means your rear end is going to be chipping paint instead of fixing computers or whatever cushy job that person signed up for.

The POIC likely doesn't give a gently caress, mostly because he didn't witness it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CMD598 posted:

Welp, rumor going around that E4/below won't get overnight lib in port.

USS last ship you had to be E-5 or above to qualify for overnight liberty, unless you were JSOQ/BJOQ.

• Locked thread