Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

My quota has always been about 5% (sub nuke EM), it was 12% this time so I was cautiously optimistic. So far no call though, whereas they called the EM1s (85%). Foiled again it seems!

I just tell myself I'm winning the long game since they didn't trick me into star reenlisting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Has anyone here participated in Troops to Teachers that can comment on the program? For reference to where I am coming from, I'm an enlisted nuke (EMN2) who separates in 6 months. I did not re-enlist. I have a college degree (BA in History, heh).

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I hate to blast into the thread without, uh, reading it, but Navy folks are fundamentally good folks for employment. I was a Navy nuke that really disliked it (I made EM1 but have an FTN tattoo), but got a great job at a company that is actually cool and respectful to all faiths, orientations, and genders. We are hiring in my location, so I just want to ask if we have any fellow nukes getting out soon that would be interested in living in The Dalles, Oregon and working at a Google data center. If so, feel free to PM and I can give you some pointers.

Link is below, if you so desire, but if you want to talk first I can make it a referral that might help you out. Also, non nukes that feel they fit the description are of course welcome to apply and message me for tips. Occasionaly we have opening at our other locations, but The Dalles typically has a higher cost of living and less demand, so we are generally understaffed.

https://www.google.com/about/careers/jobs#!t=jo&jid=/google/data-center-facilities-technician-the-dalles-or-usa-2660013&

This is kind of an older post at this point, but I just got back from an underway and I separate in February so it looks like a good find. I tried to PM you but the website is being a little screwy (I actually can't PM anyone, but do have Platinum), so tossing this here in case you happen to check back. I went ahead and sent in an application, but I'd be interested in learning more or in convincing you to give me a referral. I am a nuke electrician, E-5. (But not for much longer!!) Thanks.

• Locked thread