Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Match violence with violence, match words with words. The poo poo kid should be punched for jumping all over peoples' backs. If he's just talking poo poo you can just say something mean. In fact, people don't kill themselves over losing a fight, but if you can make them feel worthless enough with something you say they sometimes do. Did you know words really can hurt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
my boots have been out of regs for 4 years and I dont plan on changing that. No way I'd correct someone senior just to end up in their crosshairs.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Cerekk posted:

http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=85968

The Navy seriously just developed a cell phone app for div-os and chiefs to use at work despite the fact that 2/3 of the Navy isn't allowed to have their cell phone at work. I swear to god I thought this was a Duffel Blog article.

quote:

The eDIVO app aggregates publicly available information providing quick access to more than 44 documents

Dozens of documents!

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Is there a CSI: Cyber discussion thread somewhere on the forums? I checked TVIV and YOSPOS and couldn't find it. It's our new favorite show at work, and even has a Navy captain who uses a holographic display to examine dead bodies.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Analogical posted:

So I put down EOD and BUD/s, so that if I get sent to one of them I can get sent back to the detailer within two weeks for either another shot at CTN, or screw it I'll just loaf around my last six months until I get out.
drat, I love how rad this is. It's like saying, "if you can't give me the rate I want then just give me MCPON or let me fly F-18's." The fuckers can't tell you "no" because it's so god drat moto, but they know that you know that you know they're bullshit choices.

I hope you end up stuck being a seal.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Should have explained that you are a reservist, too old for this poo poo, and that you don't, in fact, give a gently caress.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Corey station. The center for information dominance!

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Can you believe Obama made a United States Marine hold an umbrella?! How degrading! for are troops!

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Well gently caress. I just got an EP. Guess it's time to study for advancement exams and be the spite of all my peers.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Woah, I was just kidding dude. I'm not a corpsman, our community's not really like that.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Don't transfer EPs not count anymore or something?

I have no idea which of my evals count and which don't. Only one other of them says CTN2 on it, which was a P. Then I have one that says CTN3 and SELECTED which I think was an MP. Then I have one for a period that's about 2 months long before the SELECTED eval that's also a P. So I have no idea what my PMA is actually going to be.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Nah, my lpo is actually cool and does everything you'd expect from a good lpo. I'd say the only issue with lpo's in the ctn community is that they don't stick around for too long because they get sucked up and quickly become chiefs.

I thought it might be 3.8, but then I was wondering if the MP eval counted also. And if it did then wouldn't it just still be 3.8? It just seemed like weird math.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
So I hate myself and read reddit sometimes. There's a thread on there about some dude going to mast for coming back "late" from being recalled early from his leave because he didn't have money for an emergency flight. I thought they couldn't recall you from no-poo poo leave since it was a right or something.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Arione posted:

got debreifed on my frocked e5 eval today, I fully expected the P as I heard all 6 of us were getting P's shot across the bow. What I didnt loving expect was the 3.0 performance mark average! . 98th percentile on the exam, rates me a 3.0 for job knowledge... 2.5 year in E5 :vince: :a2m: :shrek: :wtf: :goatdrugs:

keelhaul all khakis...

Do those blocks even matter for anything? I mean I guess they're used as evidence for why you get the rank you get, but they seem kind of arbitrary.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

PneumonicBook posted:

If the MP counted it would still be a 3.8 yea.

I don't think it does, I've been looking at Navadmins and noticed this:

quote:

g. Compute Performance Mark Average (PMA) using all evaluations in the
candidate's current rank
with an ending date that falls within the following
time periods:
E4 exam - 1 June 2014 to 28 February 2015
E5 exam - 1 December 2013 to 28 February 2015
E6 exam - 1 March 2012 to 28 February 2015

So anything that says CTN3 I'm pretty sure I don't have to count. Now I need to study for this exam so I can get paid.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Apparently they used to do that, and everyone just got a 4. That is unless you had someone who rated you based on the actual instruction and then screwed you by not giving you a 4. So it's either gently caress over some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of the time. But don't mind me, I've got a pretty big "gently caress you I've got mine" attitude going right now. But it's actually because I got to home from my shift to watch all the people coming in in their dress blues in the snow/rain. Now I am on my couch, chillin' out while it's pouring rain outside, and not giving any fucks because it's Friday (and also the equinox).

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Hey, some of those exam questions are on military bearing which I know gently caress all about. And please don't accuse me of being a chief, that's hurtful.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
But we've always done monthly threads! We've always done it that way!

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
In our community we call that sailors to sea. I'm guessing it's 2 weeks of cranking and standing watches. Though I'm not sure you'd have enough time to get qualified for watches. One of my Navy career goals is to never become OOD qualified.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

TsarAleksi posted:

Is getting qualified OOD something you're worried you might get forced to do? That only happens to dirtbag SWOs

OOD in my navy lifetime has been sitting at a desk and answering phones.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
It's true. There are no pureblood CTNCM's in the fleet.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
From what little I know about you, you would graduate top of your class in jcac, and could probably pass ion as well.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I just dont really enjoy bars that much. Unless it's like a fancy whiskey bar and they have 100's of whiskeys to try. Last time I got a flight of Japanese whiskey, which in addition to the setting is the gooniest thing I could do.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Let's start by unifying the uniforms. Weird concept, doesn't even make sense etymologically.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

and that other useless guide, you know the one with missing words you could only get from terrible lectures. So many loving typos. Perhaps a flash card app. Wouldnt be the end the world.

drat, I just got flashbacks from that thing. If there has even been a device most terrible at teaching me anything, that was it. It's like they wanted to design for a 1st grader they hated.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

The fundraisers all go into mess funds. You're providing alcohol for chief parties.

One of the reasons I never donate to anything. Want to have a dumb party? The people going to it should pay for it. "We can make the Navy day Ball better if you buy these donuts!" I'm not going, why should I care? Just make ticket prices based on paygrade to cover any costs.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Keelhaul all khakis

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
They do that here? I've never seen them do Cheif carwashes.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Yea, that gas station regularly has people shilling window cleaner and other bullshit, but I always assumed those companies paid to do it.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Practiced my prt run after 6 months of doing no pt. Passed with a good. Bring on the real thing!

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

How'd you like that humidity? This place is awful and its only April.

When I was down there I never really had a problem with the humidity, but I was also there in the winter. April was when I graduated from JCAC, and I remember everything being extremely hazy when I left.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I bought a sager laptop from here 3 years ago: http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-laptops-notebooks-clevo-sager-notebooks-ct-95_51_162.html
I wanted to buy a new one recently, but my current one holds up too good to justify it.

Pros: 1080 screen resolution, no stupid branding or "rad" designs, plays games just as good as an xboxone or ps4, portable.
Cons: I paid something like $1400 for mine, you have to pay by cash/check to get a decent discount (but I think they also offer a military discount), every 6 months you may need to open it up and clean dust out of the heatsinks.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
When do we get rid of current mcpon and cpo365 with it?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Our field is called information dominance and we unironically use the word cyber. There's some weird sex thing going on

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
This gif:

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Have you followed the steps on this site: https://militarycac.com/

I somehow got mine to work eventually, using internet explorer 10 and I think I had to use it in compatibility mode.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Off topic, but when did Kelly Clarkson get so fat? She is like tricare fat now.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
They're not really any less bullshit than the other religions, they're just less popular.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Yes, there are more world of warcraft players in my command than christians I'd wager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Rape is a male privlage

• Locked thread