Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Have a printed copy of reg on hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Where's the GIP OPSEC police

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

nacirema posted:

I got orders to Okinawa naval hospital as a scrub, woo! Anone know what to expect from the island or surrounding islands?

lol

90% of people I talk to absolutely hate it. A handful have an amazing time and don't want to leave. Most of the poo poo part comes from lame curfews, base lockdowns, and no drinking because Marines/Sailors keep raping or stabbing people.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Don't transfer EPs not count anymore or something?

But yeah gently caress the Navy eval system. Unless you're a CT or IT or nuke whatever and have 80-98% advancement to e-6

Seeing a 24 year old e-6 blew my mind

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I love how people always come in here and are like shoot should I get out or re-enlist? And after 20 posts saying out they're always like Ehhhh think I'm gonna do another 4. You know, save money

Gets a dependa with baggage that has 3 of his kids, becomes chief and makes juniors miserable because he is. Wellll don't wanna go home to my bitchy wife just gonna stay at work and if I'm here you're here

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nah it was more of a blanket statement. Just seems to be common in the Navy thread

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

PneumonicBook posted:

Yes absolutely.

Hey guys I got selected for pilot. I mean I guess that's alright? Not really what I want to do tho....

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It's pretty easy and straightforward. Doesn't take long.

Unless you're one of those inner city folk that absolutely can't swim. I remember a guy trying to swim 3 feet past the ledge to the mock helo w/ gear on and immediately sinking.

I don't know how they'll do it for you but the hardest part was the first part where you have to egress without any oxygen. It's quick but you still panic. With the 02 just don't flip out and it's simple

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Happy birthday to all current and future Navy Chiefs! Hoo-yah!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'd rock some tropical Navy khaki short shorts and knee high socks with the loving safari hat

Should still be a thing imo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Well I mean sounds like he has orders there not that he has a choice?

lovely bases are lovely bases. Nothing you can do. Just gotta find ways to keep busy and active and not just bitch the whole time

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Howard Phillips posted:

It was so lovely he eventually ended up deserting like most of the people who join the FFL from Western countries.

Like all his friends deserted but he went on leave to the U.S. and a chick stole his passport and he got stuck and said it wasn't worth the punishment to go back because he'd already been labeled a deserter

It's funny at the end of the more popular FFL doc the Kiwi they were following deserted

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Their mission aside the nice thing about those jobs/communities is that they're small and more OFP and can skate. Other problem is the hooyah motto faggots and such. All that being said I'd do it but I wouldn't run around calling myself a war fighter wearing molle backpacks with RIVERINE SWIFT DEADLY SILENT hoodies or w/e

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

oh ok that's good I figured they'd be rife with that poo poo since the ones who don't actually do poo poo are the most motarded

SWCC "we're basically SEALs!"
Riverine "we're basically SWCC!"

Throw someone an M4, M9, NVGs, cammie paint, or w/e and they lose their minds

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Pandasmores posted:

How do you qual for something and not know it though?

Dip and energy drinks

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Great you said chief and alerted poopkitty

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I think it just depends on availability. Being new to the fleet you'll definitely spend some time with the ship as your home initially. There are barracks and I know in SD there's some apartment building for bachelors with a pool on the roof and poo poo? So they give you BAH but then take most ofit away and make you live there? So it's kind of barracks but not.

Someone else can shed more light I'm sure.

-edit just get married imo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I would have married a dude in a heartbeat if it was allowed early on in my enlistment

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah barracks are extremely hit or miss. Sometimes it's like a 4 star resort and others you're sharing a 10x10 room (outside of a training command, mind you) with another dude and some rear end in a top hat fat poo poo BPO that went TAD to do it because his command wants to get rid of him for a while and he's a terminal e-5 with a fat wife that can't afford to get out because he has 3 kids. He is coming through randomly throughout the week and threatening you with squat bay barracks because you didn't high dust or left a gum wrapper in your trash can. Then goes and tattles to your chief

Oh and fire alarm tests and all hours

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Every reservist I've met is trying desperately to go active duty which is almost seemingly impossible. Guess they're all just unemployed deadbeats idk

Makes sense for the dudes that were active and just want that healthcare for their 4 flip kids I guess

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Doesn't the Navy upsize if anything during peacetime compared to other branches? More and longer carrier deployments and less people going IA!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh let's not start this

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

gently caress all married people in the Mil and the bullshit benefits they get that I didn't. Not to mention all the work they miss. "Gotta take my boo to her medical appointment!!"

lmao barracks until e-6 get hosed

it's cool though now I don't have a terrible divorce and 4 kids to deal with

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Cali. Malibu

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Boon posted:

I just found out my resignation orders are in their final stage of approval. Looks like a terminal December for a January exit. Then probably 3 months active in Fallon as a reservist starting in February because I needs the money before school... just when I think I'm out the Navy pulls me right back in.

Unemployment?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I was a national champion wrestler all 4 years and had a full ride through college for football but I got injured and wanted to serve my country

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Can vets go or do you have to be retired or medically retired?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Isn't fraternization only for O to E and everything else is just command policy

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

Maybe one day we will get a CNO who never held a sea command, dictates that ships underway do colors the same way as a shore command and a shitload of nautical accidents happen. That'd be fun

I feel like that or something similar has happened already

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

hahahahahhah

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I always thought it was a bit silly to stop the car.

Then you always have the group of dudes running during colors and then the motivator that's not sure if that's ok or not and tries to call them out anyways in an angry voice to seem assertive

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Laranzu posted:

My glorious beard is shaven. Leave is over. Back to work.

It was really the best leave beard I've ever had

Lol @ shaving

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Want that sticker

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

We have this argument a lot but I'll just skip all the bullshit and say

Every person I've seen fail the weight or tape was fat as gently caress.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Seems as long as it's not Okinawa it's a good time.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol @ anyone that's still in

Just lol

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Giving shots and slapping cocks

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

First I've heard of it. Top 3% is a small number, it'll just be the snitch toolbags anyways. But if they actually take into account physical fitness then I guess that's about accurate. But still my only complaint is that it's not retroactive and that I feel like it'll slowly becom watered down and then if you weren't a shitbag you get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

gently caress the whole chief indoc thing if for nothing else than every season getting people coming into the hospital wearing dress whites covered in mud limping around because they got hazed too hard and now have chest pain or w/e

• Locked thread