Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
All pecker checker jokes aside, I have to admit that except for one incident, my experiences with the navy's medical system have been pretty much on the positive side. Carry on making fun of pecker checkers please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Mr. Nice! posted:

You should aggressively assault him. Do poo poo to gently caress him.

That looks better.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Vriess posted:

Haha, oh wow. All the students at CID just had to sign these new Page 13's. They all have a single paragraph on them and it's too good not to share. It defines (so it can outlaw) sexual activity (on base).

Every single student had to sign one.
They even had Chiefs come in to explain and elaborate on things like what "digital penetration" means.

Looks like they brought in the experts to give training.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

You don't even have to be an MA, just volunteer to help with the urinalysis program and you'll see all the dick you can stand.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

I saw this picture and it reminded me of all the times our MA asked me to be the duty meat gazer and that was before I saw you were quoting me.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

maffew buildings posted:

I'm going to give her power of attorney, because I'm going to be deployed and in case anything important happens I need her to make the decisions for me.

Make sure it's a general power of attorney.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Dingleberry posted:

Lol.

http://www.navytimes.com/story/mili...mmand/26205131/

"I'm a Druid and I'm gonna join the Navy which is sooooo in tune with nat-ure"

I always thought all religion was kinda lame but had to roll my eyes at the Wiccan Satanist whatever douches in boot camp.

Like when we dump trash into the ocean. Of course, no plastics.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

And now the rest of the story. Although I am not sure this didn't get copied out of the Onion or something. And yes, this link has the word "goat" in it.

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2015/04/30/navy-cruiser-lake-erie-goat-san-diego/26568241/

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
That goat is pretty happy looking. I like that while the CO was fired, the goat gets to keep his anchors.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

maffew buildings posted:

I can't help but feel we'd be a lot better off if we didn't just replace all Chiefs with actual goats

After seeing the way a lot of chiefs are today, I'd have to agree.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

CMD598 posted:

Not for long...

Crew swap time? Or hull swap?

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

CMD598 posted:

Hull swap!

I guess it is time to stock up on booze before they secure it.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
Congratulations to everybody that was promoted. Now go do sweepers or something.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

PneumonicBook posted:

Find E5s and below to do sweepers.

:chiefsay:

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Null Integer posted:

I sure hope he notices this really shiny section of pipe I've been working on for the last 3 hours! :dong:

Shining pipe....

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
Is this the new SWO school? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF3bRXDMXdU

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Pandasmores posted:

You act as if no one warned you about the possibility of getting hosed by the big blue weenie.

Still trying to figure out why HMs like to give rectal exams when you have the flu or a cold.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
At least you guys are thorough.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Best job in the navy right there!

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

I never thought darken ship could be so entertaining...

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Sir Lucius posted:

I don't think I would hate being an officer and not having to move, and not doing any real work.

Is that topic material?

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Anita Dickinme posted:

I leave for basic Tuesday and it finally hit me that my life is over. RIP me.

What rate will you be?

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Anita Dickinme posted:

ABE. It was that or Logistics. A few people told me I chose well; it seems debatable but when someone here said carriers get the best ports I was happy with my decision.

No matter what, you'll be able to look back and be happy that you didn't go engineering. HT especially.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Stultus Maximus posted:

HT is the shittiest rate.

Understatement. I liked how they are always trying to shake hands.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Your friend is stupid as gently caress.

That is a whole different kind of stupid. Yale or wallowing in other people's feces all day forever.... Tough call.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Ryand-Smith posted:

I'm planning my Africa trip right now. The training I had to go to is comdedic (since its mostly Army stuff), and things like "be careful and don't eat local food," and it involves a lot of absurd medical precautions before I head over. I mean I feel like they think I'm going to go into the deepest part of Congo or go meet up with Kony (the LRA needs to be removed) or sneak into South Sudan and teach them things.

They might have good reason to wonder about your trip. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/21/how-former-us-army-officer-launched-disastrous-coup-the-gambia

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
I can't wait to see a bunch of khakis arguing over which ranks in the navy can have sex with other ranks. Can somebody make a matrix when you've settled it?

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Chuckle posted:

As an enlisted I will never be allowed to grace the O-Club and am stuck with the flightline grill/bar or subway

Nobles and civilians with the appropriate rank can take you.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

PneumonicBook posted:

The amount of crying about this that I hear on a daily basis is loving absurd. I get it old retired guy, your Navy was better for whatever reason, okay chief sure, you don't like participation trophies (it isn't one), etc. It gives people at boot something to strive for if they really want to Joe Navy it up, good for them. I mean who really gives a gently caress about chest candy?

Probably people that can't have this one. Ribbon envy is sad.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
Kool-aid drinking chiefs.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Boon posted:

I intend to break this down, even it takes an hour, to the level they need to understand and then provide the slides to them with the notes for later reference. My hope is that they actually learn some perspective and can think critically when it comes to their daily lives and finances.

You should explain to them some of the advantages/disadvantages of planning for retirement, like investing in the TSP and or IRAs in addition to staying away from the Camaro with E-1 and up financing.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

maffew buildings posted:

What's the upside to the TSP and am I a dingus for not just having that money go to my IRA instead?

If you're still in the navy I would do both, IRA and the TSP. If you've left the navy and aren't some kind of civil servant that can still contribute to your TSP, I would roll it into whatever IRA you have.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
8 hours is normal for IDW boards?

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

quote:

"Police say alcohol was a factor in the break-in."

I'm shocked.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
Please let this be real.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
Jesus Christ I'm in the hospital for a week because a chicken almost kills me and I wake up to this list of triad destruction.
(I'm on mobile and drugs so solly for the hosed formatting)
http://www.navytimes.com/story/mili...Key=&autologin=

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Laranzu posted:

I just got trained on how to be a pee pee program coordinator today.

The amount of paperwork generated just for 11 people to put their pee into pee cups and into pee boxes to go to the pee lab was phenomenal to see. I think the pee racket has to be pretty good.

And it sucks to be your assistant.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Susa posted:

Was just doing the PRT on the bike when the guy next to me who also works on the same ward I do decided he was going to vomit after going for only two minutes. So he cupped his hands up against his mouth so it sprayed off to the side got all over my machine the mirror in front of us and down my leg and into my shoe. :barf:

If you're going to fail the PRT, might as well be spectacular about it.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Arione posted:

Found out my eot got downgraded to a floc as an e5 with 500 volunteer hours, no njp, no pfa failure, earned the pin, job area sme. What the hell?

Hang out with your chief!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Pandasmores posted:

Terminal leave best leave.

Pretty much.

• Locked thread