Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is it good
great
useful
saved my life
i'll save it for next time
View Results

• Locked thread
jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Once you've spliced wires together by twisting them around each other, make sure to waterproof the assembly with several wraps of gaffer tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
If you gently caress up catastrophically and buy a poorly turbo'd 30 year old Datsun as your first car, get everybody on your side by refusing to listen to reason and making almost no effort to improve your situation whilst spouting some bizarre half-formed opinions about how much more fun your Datsun will be to drive than any American car.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
5 easy steps to change your oil:
  1. Buy ramps that are slightly too steep so you scratch up the underside of your bumper driving up them. Your customised bumper will now fit perfectly over the ramps next time.
  2. Remember to bring every socket you have except the one that fits the drain plug. Hunting around for an appropriate allen key will give the engine time to warm up while you search.
  3. Always drop the filter into the full catch pan rather than the empty one you intended it to land in. Used oil is an excellent preservative and splashing it all over the drive will keep the tarmac in pristine condition.
  4. Don't bother remembering to bring a container to hold the old oil, a convoluted system of decanting allowing you to re-use the new oil bottle is just as convenient.
  5. Most importantly, remember to pick a blustery day to decant your oil so you get those patches of the drive and lawn you missed when you dropped the filter.

I should not attempt an oil change before my morning coffee. :shepicide:

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Mooseykins posted:

Mine was a "spares or repair" eBay special. :v:

So was/is my Peugeot but the wretched thing still works.

• Locked thread