Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is it good
great
useful
saved my life
i'll save it for next time
View Results

• Locked thread
BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

some texas redneck posted:

Mom swears up and down that going above 2500 RPM will ruin the engine. She has a 1MZ-FE with a ~6500 RPM redline.

Somehow, every time I drive her car, the MPG display thingamajob winds up reading much higher than when she drives it (generally by 2-3 mpg for that tank). I quickly get up to the speed of traffic, while she lolligags and takes a couple of minutes to hit 40 while texting, making phone calls, and generally trusting the car to take care of itself.

The upshift light in my car wants me in 5th by 25-30 mph, in a compact car with a (larger) 4 cylinder. I can't even maintain 30 in 4th without the engine sounding like it wants to put itself out of its misery, 5th drops it below idle anywhere below 30, and if I actually pay attention to the shift light's helpful advice, I wind up getting misfire codes, catalyst codes, and rich codes pretty quickly.

I've actually managed to get the upshift light to turn on in reverse. :haw:

What's up with ladies being afraid of red line? My wife will get on it in her Abarth and stop 2-3k short of the redline every time. I'm yelling wind this bitch out and beat it like you do my balls.
I told her the car loves it she doesn't believe me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread