Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lets all move to canada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zoux posted:

Jennifer Rubin has lost her mind.

I'm reminded of that short story about never being the first person to stop clapping for Stalin

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

loving casuals not willing to surgically graft neurological sensors to their bodies for ultimate immersion

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but not only did Clinton use only her personal email during her time as Secretary of State, but she ran her own email server out of her own house.

If any goon thought this was going away any time soon.....well, you're dumb. Also get ready for more BENGHAZI since this gives republicans more meat to claim Hillary was holding out on information...which really, is her own drat fault now.

She broke no laws, handed over like 55000 emails to the feds, and absolutely nobody who is undecided about who to vote for next election is going to think that using the wrong email address is a serious issue

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, I guess I'm embarrassed to admit I thought most of this poo poo happened in big cities.

Big cities tend to have actual things for the police to do, the police depts usually have more diversity, and funding isn't always the biggest concern of all the parties involved. Obviously this doesn't mean abuse never happens, but it's a different beast

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

baw posted:

I think that guy is holding an RPG

I didnt know you were a drone operator

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

e: wrong thread

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dancer posted:

I forget was it Nixon that made a phone call to people the United States was actively at war with a few days before an election and sabotaged peace plans just so the president doesn't get credit for a peace deal and get re-elected? Because this poo poo is hosed up.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-03-09/republicans-warn-iran-and-obama-that-deal-won-t-last

Lol this is honestly beyond parody at this point

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

A Winner is Jew posted:

I thought republicans loved Putin....

The Congressional Investigation Committee has determined that the victim unfortunately and tragically tripped on a cobblestone and landed onto a bullet

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Joementum posted:

Fun fact: the Democrat who called Cotton "Tehran Tom" was Jared Polis of Colorado, who was also the subject of that Reason Magazine cover story on gamer culture. Polis unwinds by playing Diablo and Civ V.

I swear I have never heard of this guy before now and reading this post I'm just going to go ahead and say his district includes part or all of Boulder

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

SgtScruffy posted:

"DRUGS BAD"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

On Terra Firma posted:

Most of them would probably poo poo their pants if they had to do something like that. I doubt as many would volunteer as we'd like to assume. I know a few conservative gun nuts and it's entirely about self defense for them and would defend their homes with tanks if they could, but going out of their way to kill someone is a stretch.

You'd be surprised how many sociopaths we have

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zoux posted:

"A questionable venture" :ohdear:

Compare that to GOP reactions to thinks like Akin's rape comments or other bad indefensible behavior from Republicans with national profile.

Obviously it's not going to have a major backlash against the Republicans but it's a fairly big deal because this was a big political move by almost 90% of senate Republicans that fell completely flat. It isn't completely blowing up in their faces, but nobody can call this letter anything close to successful or beneficial for the Republicans

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Do we still give the dude a final cigarette like in every movie with a firing squad ever?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

The Arkansas Time posted a huge investigative piece getting to the bottom of that hosed up adoption story where a state rep "rehomed" his adopted daughters to a molester.

It answers a lot of the questions people had:

Was there some hosed up religious angle? You better believe it.

Did the state rep use his influence to get the adoption? gently caress yes he did.

Why did he send them to an employee he fired? The timeline of the original reporting has been cleared up. The molester worked for the state rep when the girls where "rehomed" to him, and they were moved shortly after he was fired.

Thank you very much for Bill Clinton, Arkansas, but please gently caress off now.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Aurubin posted:

In regards to this post I thought I had read that this thing had been set up post 9/11 with the help of retired CIA guys, or maybe my inner conspiracy theorist just whipped that out as part of a hardwired contingency.

It's the other way around. After 9/11 the CIA called in CPD guys to help them refine their torturing and interrogation techniques. Which is even more horrifying imho

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

125 yards is some wanted poo poo right there

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Meg From Family Guy posted:

I think the guy who graduated from Duke is a retard because he talked wrong about the internet.

Much stupider people have graduated from much better schools than Duke

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

The DOJ has some pretty huge racial issues. That isn't to say that Ferguson/St. Louis area doesn't, but racial inequality is nation (global) wide.

Considering it includes the double whammy of the DEA and the BOP, id say the justice department has the worst racial issues of any government body

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Amergin posted:

So if I were to start a political career from scratch at 30, possibly the best I could hope for would to be a US Senator by the time I'm 70, assuming I don't really turn heads and jump positions in a single cycle or jump them entirely?

Pretty much. Starting a career in politics with 0 family/college/professional connections at the age of 30 is a slow grind

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Von Sloneker posted:

This is from 2013 but I've only now seen Radley Balko* tweeting about it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/22/tom-cotton-corruption-of-blood_n_3322251.html

*e: fixed wrong attribution

Lmao he should just come out with it and make being of Iranian descent a felony with minimum 15 years in prison

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

unless nuclear war, it will.

if nuclear war, everything disappears

Please donate to my Kickstarter to chisel the entire SA archives into a massive slab of stone

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Spaceman Future! posted:

And nothing will replace it because nothing will have to, people will find ways to eat or die and be blamed for being a lazy (now) corpse. Of course I think this encourages a Mexico style kidnapping cottage industry to pop up in the US once employment drops enough and the social gap keeps growing but thats just going to be fun to watch,. Hell it may be our only form of entertainment at that point.

Good, horrible bosses 2 was really funny

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I, Robot had cooler self driving cars

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Id be pretty alarmed too if a woman was the head of the church of America

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lmfao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

quote:

Rep. Warren Groen, a Republican from Rochester said, "It grasps them with its talons then uses its razor sharp beak to basically tear it apart limb by limb, and I guess the shame about making this a state bird is it would serve as a much better mascot for Planned Parenthood."

Never in my life has the phrase "this is beyond parody" been so unbelievably true

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

redstormpopcorn posted:

Wake up, walk to the bathroom, look in the mirror. Abortion.

If only

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it hurts.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

radical meme posted:

I would donate time and money to any group whose goal was to put a Concealed Carry Permit and a Voter ID card in the pocket of every black and hispanic person in Texas.

On a separate note. I have real problems getting my thoughts around the hypocrisy between the sloppy blow job the GOP is giving Bibi and the anti-semitic whisper campaign that led to the death in Missouri. It's just loving amazing.

Ummm, Netanyahu is Israeli not Jewish

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

Iran used the Iraq conflict as a proxy against the US. Don't know if Iranian personnel were directly involved but they have provided a lot of support to the Shia in the country.

To be fair, it was a completely unjustified invasion that should never have happened in the first place

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

An exemption for something like a primary residence (up to some amount) would be easy to write in.

There are thousands of extremely smart and well paid individuals whose sole job is to make sure their client pays as few taxes as humanly possible using every possible means. There's no system that will be fair to middle class earners and not be abused by the extremely wealthy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

"We're all dying anyway, so here's some rat poison." - Accelerationism in medicine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

On 9/11 I was this militia guard:

E: no wait I was bin laden's horse

• Locked thread