Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Rhesus Pieces posted:

American conservatives are more than willing to deal with an increase in poors and minorities as long as their lives stay as precarious and miserable as possible.

Plus someone's got to keep fueling the private prison industry. Millions of someones!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

McAlister posted:

You don't need evidence. Rennie Gibbs was given a life sentence for misscarriage of a fetus that was born in a hospital with the umbilical wrapped around its neck.

She was 16, black, and a recovering addict. Clearly the baby died because of her coke snorting ( even though there is no medical evidence linking cocaine to increases miscarriage risk ) and not having the loving umbilical wrapped around her throat.

http://www.propublica.org/article/stillborn-child-charge-of-murder-and-disputed-case-law-on-fetal-harm

Did I mention she was 16 and black? It's amazing how many of the women jailed for misscarriage on the national advocates for pregnant women website aren't white.

The latest news on Google tells me the depraved-heart murder charges were dismissed a year ago, with the prosecutors planning to recharge her with manslaughter. Did the life sentence come out of a new trial, or did you not read the article carefully?

Though yes it is upsetting that all the big-profile cases on this topic I've heard about involve poor and/or non-white women (but not surprising :().

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
I thought they all used interns for emails. Someone's getting fired soon.

• Locked thread