Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

There will be more games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple20
Aug 16, 2005

In the end I guess it's easy after all
http://chantry-games.com/ has Twilight Struggle and Kill Doctor Lucky. You can join games as a guest without registering, but need a free account to host games.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Anyone want to play Puerto Rico on BGA like right now?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I'd be interested in playing a learning game of Tash Kalar if anyone else is up.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Shadow225 posted:

I'd be interested in playing a learning game of Tash Kalar if anyone else is up.

I can teach Tash-Kalar if you like.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Alright, I'm registered as BigBoswell. I'm not sure if you would rather do a slow game or a real time game; I'm down for either.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Shadow225 posted:

Alright, I'm registered as BigBoswell. I'm not sure if you would rather do a slow game or a real time game; I'm down for either.

add my rear end on steam nigga, also invite sent ingame

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I'd love to be in the next newbie game (of Terra Mystica) as well. I played my first game today with two local friends and am hooked.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'd be up for Terra Mystica and Tash Kalar as well, having a grand total of 0 and 2 games under my belt, respectively. Do goons hang out in IRC somewhere to set up games?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Boite a Jeux just added Concordia. Good game, worth playing.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Fat Samurai posted:

I'd be up for Terra Mystica and Tash Kalar as well, having a grand total of 0 and 2 games under my belt, respectively. Do goons hang out in IRC somewhere to set up games?

There's an irc at #boardgoons on synirc but for the terra mystica games we've just asked for players in the thread and used the on site chat once it's started.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Can I get some signups for a Fire in the Lake game either this weekend or the next? We have two players (me and panzeh), looking for two more, newbies welcome.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
It might be worth putting a list of people's IDs on sites and what games they are up for playing? I know I'm happy to play Tash Kalar and Terra Mystical online with others but I don't log onto irc as its a bit of effort for me (never really use that stuff normally) and when I had used it in the past it was dead :\ Anyway, I'm Moominov on BGA if anyone wants yo add me for a range of games there.

I would really like to play in the Fire On The Lake as a newbie, over VASSAL I assume, on Skype? But I can't do this weekend as it is Mother's Day and a Draughts trip on the Saturday. If you run it the following week and have space, I am interested.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
If I'm not doing anything on Tabletop day (April 11th), I may try and drum up any interest in a day of 4 player games on the day, so TK, maybe Tzolkin, K2, nothing too taxing but maybe a run mini tourney or something. If people are interested, I'm in the UK so that's the timezone.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Fat Turkey posted:

It might be worth putting a list of people's IDs on sites and what games they are up for playing? I know I'm happy to play Tash Kalar and Terra Mystical online with others but I don't log onto irc as its a bit of effort for me (never really use that stuff normally) and when I had used it in the past it was dead :\ Anyway, I'm Moominov on BGA if anyone wants yo add me for a range of games there.

I would really like to play in the Fire On The Lake as a newbie, over VASSAL I assume, on Skype? But I can't do this weekend as it is Mother's Day and a Draughts trip on the Saturday. If you run it the following week and have space, I am interested.
Should be able to do it the next weekend, because I'm busy this weekend as well.

Currently we have you, Panzeh and me. One more space!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
If it's next weekend I'll be up for learning the game, this weekend however I'm busy.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Tekopo posted:

Can I get some signups for a Fire in the Lake game either this weekend or the next? We have two players (me and panzeh), looking for two more, newbies welcome.

I'm up to play this weekend, next might be tricky. Just cant be Saturday night.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

I'm up to play this weekend, next might be tricky. Just cant be Saturday night.
Can't miss those WoW raids, eh?!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm usually up for Tash-Kalar on BGA in the evenings if you give me a poke. Not this evening for the next hour or two though, if you're free in 2 hours I'll come on and start up a game. I pretty much suck at it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Tekopo posted:

Can't miss those WoW raids, eh?!

I have work like a respectable adult :colbert:

the game i play raids on wednesday

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Hey flaggy, you should check your email.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Lord Frisk posted:

Hey flaggy, you should check your email.

I placed my pieces and I saw the emails, I am super busy at work so if you need to kick me go ahead. I usually can't play until after work hours.

My screen says that I have placed my dwellings and we are waiting on Auren? Unless I am missing something.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I'm not kicking anyone, just yelling about these kids on my lawn.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No worries, I see what I did wrong. I had placed my dwellings at some point this weekend but I never clicked save. I didn't realize you had to do that so my apologies on holding everyone up.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You should probably just kick me though, I don't know that I have the time to keep up on the game.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

No way, if you move once a week that's twice as fast as necessary. Just hit save :ssh:

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lord Frisk posted:

No way, if you move once a week that's twice as fast as necessary. Just hit save :ssh:

Ok, sorry about that, I didn't realize that haha. Sorry other players!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Fat Samurai posted:

Are you on BGA? I'm going to be for the next couple of hours, jonesing for Tash-Kalar games.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Yeah I mucked up with the Save button at first, no worries. You weren't slow, we just needed to communication to realise there was a problem.

thespaceinvader posted:

Are you on BGA? I'm going to be for the next couple of hours, jonesing for Tash-Kalar games.

Hey there, I'm unlikely to be on tonight, but if I am I'll reply again in this thread and it'll be in about 50 mins. I offered my name and a friending request on BGA because although I'm on a few hours a week, I'm not regular.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

thespaceinvader posted:

Ack, sorry, I missed your post. I got out of work pretty late and went straight to bed.

I'll be hanging around BGA tonight (I'm on GMT+1), name is FatSamurai.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Fat Samurai posted:

Ack, sorry, I missed your post. I got out of work pretty late and went straight to bed.

Are you on Steam? I might be down for some TK.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Fat Samurai posted:

I made a game, ready when you are.

E: on another note, anyone up for teaching me Tzolkin?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

thespaceinvader posted:

I made a game, ready when you are.

Caught the tail end of your game in BGA, sent you a friend invite. I'll be online later tonight.

EDIT: drat, this is confusing to navigate. Is there any way to see what games are open for a given game, or it's just a rolling list of games?

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 10, 2015

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I've managed to get to a rolling list of a specific game, but I'm not sure how, yet. E: I'm not sure the friend list actually DOES anything mind. I'm most probably on in an hour or so for enough time for a game.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ok, managed to get a game of Tash Kalar going (and won it like a boss 14 points to 5 :smug:). I'm frankly impressed at how good the program is. It prevents illegal moves, highlights the possible options, keeps track of the piece difference (and highlights the flare cards when it detects that you can use it) and is generally helpful.

I've created a turn based game and reserved a spot, thespaceinvader. It seems we keep missing each other.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Fat Samurai posted:

Caught the tail end of your game in BGA, sent you a friend invite. I'll be online later tonight.

EDIT: drat, this is confusing to navigate. Is there any way to see what games are open for a given game, or it's just a rolling list of games?

This is all from memory, I hope it helps.

In the Play Games tab area where you can see the games currently open, you can select which games to add to your list of games at the top. When you select them, those will be the only games that show up.

Yeah this site does an amazingly good online version of games. Its got the official images, its very slick, highlights moves that can be made and all that.

The friends list does work, on one of the main screens it shows you which of your friends is online and I think you can message them.

Happy to do a teaching game of Tzolkin, but I think tomorrow is the only night I'm free this week.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I'm around then. Got to do some baking but I'll be in for the evening. Catch up tomorrow.

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010
I'm not sure if here or the IOS Boardgame thread is the best place to ask but -

I recently started playing the LotR LCG after having it sit in a cupboard for a while and it turns out it is really great. I've got a couple of long haul flights coming up and was wondering what opinions between Cardwarden and LackeyCCG were for playing LotR on an ipad - does anybody have any particular experience of either? I know that CardWarden requires manually scanning in the cards, but as I have a very small collection this isn't quite a dealbreaker, just a bit of an annoyance.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
I'm up for playing any of the following games, I need to get some experience with them before I write about them :sweatdrop:

Tash Kalar
Through the Ages
Twilight Struggle

I'm in the UK and can usually do evenings, real time or turn based on BGA or with that wargame app for Twilight Struggle in the OP (does that one work properly? haven't tried it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
OK, I'll be on around 8pm GMT if anyone else wants a learning game of Tzolkin with me and spaceinvader. I'm no expert but I know how to play, how BGA implements it and I have done ok in my few games.

I'll be also taking friend requests for people who may want to play some other games at some point. I might play Tash that night but I might be off around 9 30pm, maybe. This week is unusually busy for me!

I'd also recommend K2 which is a pretty simple but challenging mountain climbing game.

• Locked thread