Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

I have a research paper due tomorrow.

This isn't what I signed up for.
"I'll just sleep for a couple hours" has hosed me over so many times, I wouldn't recomend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

This class is about half empty. Guess I'm not the only one who doesn't bother showing up most of the time.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

I know of one GiPper who shamefully retreated back to the military as a reservist. I won't name names because being back in the military is punishment enough.
Was he a Bloomin' Onion(TM) technician?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

don't feel bad, godholio is getting nostalgia4AFBlue & is seriously considering recommissioning in the ANG for REASONS.
Good pay, less bullshit than active duty, and probably even less chance of being held accountable for anything you do? Not seeing a downside here.

A captain here had a little PII accident here, by little I mean he potentially compromised the SSNs and a bunch of other stuff of everyone on the base, he only got the lightest of slaps on the wrist.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 2, 2015

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Spicy Guacamole posted:

You're either gettin' the weenie or you're not gettin' the weenie. There's no such thing as "I'm only gay one weekend a month, two weeks a year."
You've already been in the military, you can't just pray the gay away by getting out :colbert:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Will the military comes down on you for being underweight outside of a training environment?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Cole posted:

in basic training they give you twice the amount of food as everyone else if you are underweight.

loving hated those skinny fucks for that.
I've seen that. I've just never seen anyone get that kind of treatment out of that environment, never too skinny, always fatties.

I myself was deep in denial about having acid reflux so shoveling a bunch of food down my throat really fast didn't work. I also didn't go get an eating waiver and was hungry all the time. When they weighed me at the end of basic training I was 5'10 135lbs, I'd lost something like 25lbs in 7 weeks. Oops. The funny thing is they never said anything about it.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 3, 2015

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Logan Square is alright. Good bars.

How many Chicago GiP dudes are there? Seems like there's a few of us.
Ohh me! ME!

*Gets shot because Chicago

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I think it was GIP that somebody talked about loving a girl with Spine Bifida.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We watched something in high school health where this caretaker had married one of his disabled patients, she had something on the order of cerebral palsy. She had a motorized wheelchair thing but could sort of squirm around without it. So he knocks her up and now she's a stay at home mom with all the difficulties that entails for regular people, except she's not exactly regular people. There was a segment where she tried to change a diaper or something like that that was absolute torture to watch because it went on for what felt like 10 minutes because her motor skills just weren't there. I'm not sure what the filmmaker were going for there, what I got out of it was that handicapped peopled probably shouldn't have kids, and that a lot of people who want to be caretakers are creeps.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Its not really all that weird when you consider that someone has also hosed your mother at least once.
She's a nice lady :smith:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

"You may use one index card for notes on the test"

Do you suppose there's a market for novelty, giant, poster-sized, index cards?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

This was a pretty pathetic winter so we might as well have high 40s low 50s to hasten spring along, and not drag this poo poo out any further.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

:stare: yes the year that winter cost twice as much as normal is something one would call pathetic
The poo poo that happened in Boston is pretty par the course for us, except this year most of it missed us. We did get quite a few -10 days but without snow it's no fun and cold enough to be miserable. I also bought new cross country skies that I didn't end up using at all so that kind of burns. Of course the past 2 years we've gotten bitchslapped by huge snowfalls in March/April so we might be out of it yet.

In 2010 I woke up one morning towards the end of May and there was an inch of snow on the ground, it all melted by the end of the day but holy poo poo.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I need a smoking jacket, y'know, for masturbating.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Went to lunch with my dad, realized I accidentally wore a green sweatshirt. gently caress the Irish.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MurderBot posted:

Anyone here live in Minnesota? The Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN has a lot of Fellowships open for post doc working, was considering moving me and the wife up there once I'm finished with school in NM.

I have a ton of family up there and in the North Dakota area, and spent a lot of summers on farms in the Sauk Center area, and loved it. Are the winters seriously just the most brutal/uninhabitable things about the place? or is it more of a "yeah it sucks but you'll live" sort of ordeal?
The winters really aren't that bad, especially that far south.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

JSARSOM posted:

I wonder what shenanigans those Secret Service fellers are up to tonight. Maybe they should lock them down barracks style.
Funny you should ask JSARSOM, if that is your real name.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Do you imagine it sits on that and fires by clenching? That's the awful image I have in my head now.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

beard and boots

Consider dumping the ballcap and King's Questing up your headwear. I think it's an excellent idea and you can thank me later.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's been getting up into the 40s most days for about a week and a half, most of the snow is gone. But there have been at least three idiots in the local area who have decided to "test" the ice on lakes and rivers by driving their cars out on them and sinking. I think the next one is going to have to drown to get the point across.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

no lactose intolerance shaming pls
This last Christmas grandma put a little tin foil fence around the non-cheesy part of a casserole for my cousin at my suggestion. It was like his own little lactose intolerant concentration camp.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

War of Northern Aggression Logs!?! How dare you!

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Then again, lawn darts were banned in the 70s and we still had a couple sets in the basement.
I did some research one time. You can buy individual spare parts from overseas and easily reassemble them into a full set. If you were inclined to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

One of my classes is physical, but there are around 100 people in there, and everything gets turned in online. I don't bother going a whole lot.

• Locked thread