Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

goatse guy posted:

My boyfriend really likes corgis so we'll probably end up with one in the future. I grew up around a lot of Corgis because horse people flock to Corgis and JRT, but the JRTs seem to speak more to my personality.

Our Corgi/Daschund. He's adopted, and he is a pain in the rear end but he is a wonderful dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

goatse guy posted:

This is the reason why I like Jack Russells: big dog personality, compact size.

April is totally gonna rule. Only 22 more days until I leave for vacation in California.

Same thing with dachshunds. My 20lbs dachshund has a bigger bark than my buddys 110lbs german shepard.

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm going to be honest here: I don't want a shelter dog because here in Detroit every single shelter dog was abused and is usually jumpy and skittish and not that great with kids because they don't like surprises or whatever. I would rather pay a lot of money to be able to get a dog from a reputable breeder and raise it in a loving family with good, solid, and consistent training.

Also my wife's family has had two shelter dogs and they were both very hard to deal with even though we love(d) them a lot. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule but when 2/2 shelter dogs were bad news and their non-shelter dog is well trained and sweet as can be, I'd rather not risk it, especially if they start nipping at my children

You don't have to get a shelter dog, but please do not buy a $400 dog from a "breeder". You are guaranteed to get a horrible inbred dog that probably has more behavioral issues than any rescue and will have health problems. Especially if it has mini anywhere in the name. If you are set on buying a dog, do your research and find a reputable breeder. Its gonna cost a more money, but it will be well worth it in the long run.

CommieGIR posted:

You want a Corgi:

gently caress yea I want I corgi. Next dog is either going to be a corgi or something big like a bernese mountain dog, newfie or Leonberger.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

CommieGIR posted:

You want a Corgi:

Ah yesh, the hipster dog of akward proportions. They still make me happy to see.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Shut it down: new thread here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710395

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

goatse guy posted:

Tusen Takk, please go through a breed-specific rescue and you will either be able to find a puppy or adopt an adult that has been trained and housebroken. Three of my JRTs came from breeders and I really wish I had known then what I know now about backyard breeders and the amount of wonderful purebred dogs waiting in foster homes.

I got my mostly-pointer from a Labrador rescue... he's got no Labrador in him at all. :shrug:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

no mods no masters, I'm april-posting!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

last post

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

owned

FAT32 SHAMER