Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Oh hey tomarse, I got in touch with the MAB as you advised, on first glance they thrash my bank with a lower rate for a mortgage 9 years shorter, on a 15% deposit like I need so I'll be checking that out in detail tomorrow, thanks buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I just showered sticky pink puke out of my hair, children are amazing :catstare:

I also told my current bank to go pound sand today, felt great. Hope everything else works out, it's still looking like 4 months before the house is ready.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I was looking at that auction wondering whether the cabinets full of assorted nuts and bolts would be a good idea. Though it would be cool to get the display chassis with no engine, drop in an ecoboost.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

That's great news, hope you can start to enjoy it quickly.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Just found out I've paid off my student loan this month. Emoticons cannot express.

Literally just. I was emailing my mortgage broker, he asked for the balance so I sucked it up and phoned them (at 7:30pm) and I paid it off this month. That made my calculations a poo poo-load better.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

88h88, do you have pm's?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Fo3 posted:

It's 2015AD, we have grenade icons next to the username to tell us that these days.

Tell that to the keepers of the awful app.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Noted thanks, just checked with chrome, remembered why I use a dedicated app.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

To be clear I'm using what I believe to be the current android awful app, which doesn't. It's still a million times better than phone browsing on a browser and I'm glad it exists.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

88h88 posted:

Nope. What's up?

Know anything about omnidirectional speakers? I've got an organ transport case I want to turn into an outdoor Bluetooth speaker/beer case.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Okay, I was just wondering if the speakers you see with an inverted cone over them to "spread the sound" worked or were just pretty bullshit. And a deep cycle marine battery sounds like it'll cut into the beer capacity :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I need to measure the case up to see which speakers will fit on the sides, and get a voltage regulator so I can use my ryobi batteries but those little amps look like they'll fit the bill. Then I can cut the foam to fit bottles or just fill it with ice.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Ferremit posted:

Got handover, got keys. Now im officially a home owner and in debt for the next 30 years....

I'll be 60 before i pay this thing off! :gonk:

Congratulations!

E: what do you think will break first? :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nodoze posted:

She's pretty dreamy

Ehh, I'm more of an Emilia Fox fan.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Monorail!

No wait, bus. If it's good, else engine.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

88h88 posted:

Poor things. Can they be made somewhat reliable?

kastein posted:

put an EJ22 in it

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

You guys are an inspiration, either you're cool old guys, or cool young guys that give me some faith that not all youngsters :corsair: are twats, or you take the hits and keep getting back up, (or grab life by the ball:v: ) or you give me faith that any one of us could get up one morning and pick up a skill.

In other news I may be having a nervous breakdown and spent the last 10 hours cleaning up after a sick kid. I'm now at work waiting to start stitching a 2300t press back together because one end is literally falling off.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I guess my Sunday consists of sitting on the toilet with a bucket between my feet, waiting for this viral weight loss plan to run its course.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Thanks Nitrospass, i spent a judge be in trouble latercouple of hours hallucinating and when i just picked up my tablet after my head clears it was x closed in a image i don't put it and it has add Pinterest with named ginger chicks as the to app. Whoops,

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Theta's a dog on the bed who did that

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mof f 6 hours p r o b at e me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I'm fine now thanks, you don't want what I had. Vomiting and diarrhoea bug that's going round the house, I've had it worse that anyone else, hence the delirium.

Wife thought finding the tablet open to naked ginger chicks was funny though.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I got an email earlier, the first couple of lines looks like a mortgage decision, when it actually loaded up it said I'd get a decision by Wednesday. Cocktease. :(

^^ heh, could have been worse.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Have any drifters fitted those sidewinder forklift tyres? I think that'd be funny.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

The only Subaru I want is a factory wrx Baja :getin:
A: but the baja isn't available in the UK :(

I should find out if I get the mortgage tomorrow, I know I won't sleep. drat brain.

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 17, 2015

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I thought grey imports only needed an approval test I realise this in the SVA nowadays.

Much easier to slam a defender and put a big range rover engine in, then break parts all the time when you have traction.

How about a range rover chassis with a defender bed and small hatchback body on the front? :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

None of those have 4 doors come on guys :colbert:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

We got the skoda felicia pickup and that's it.

A: thousands invested! :homebrew:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mooseykins posted:

Just buy generic HiLux/Ranger/L200/etc, remove the springs and run them on the bump stops. Practically the same thing.

Minis had rubber cone suspension, bump stops are rubber and conical, this post makes sense.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

If the number of cars you have prevents you working on your cars, you have too many cars. Strip one or more for parts to fix the others, or build a shop. Or a bigger shop.

I guess the conclusion of this stream of consciousness is that you can never have too many cars, but you can have too many cars for the space you currently have.

I'm now really digging the idea of a slammed rwd-only defender double cab with a lush interior. This is what's wrong with my brain.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Do you remember pictures of that slammed series landy on a vw chassis? Apart from the vw angle I think that's awesome.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I think that's the same car.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

The place I'm trying to buy has space for 2-3 cars and a single garage. I was genuinely trying to figure out it parking a landrover on the 45' roof of the garage was allowed.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Hmm, what's the cappuccinos wheelbase?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Damnit, so I couldn't store a project car on top of my daily driver?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I was thinking of parking a mini on my e46 roof but yeah let me run that part the wifahahahaha

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Oh and sadly in the land of tea and crumpets I'd need a class C license to buy much bigger than a defender.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I am watching real steel and it is a far better movie than it has any right to be.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

You can say it however the hell you like, but writing it middle/small/large makes no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Got a picture of the eclipse through a welding mask, neat!

• Locked thread