Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

Dropping my refrad packet tomorrow. 8ish months left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

Even as an officer...when I get out I want to work construction or be a bartender for a little bit until I jump into something bigger.

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

Do nobles get any portion of a GI Bill even if they received an ROTC scholarship?

When they get out that is...

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

One of 12 senior 1LTs/junior CPTs in the battalion 3 shop right now. I come in and do PT. Check my e-mail. Nothing to do. Go to lunch. Go to the gym. Go home by 1500 every day.

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

Start terminal leave in December.

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

Starting the 100 day countdown to terminal leave. Oh sweetness.

We had 6 soldiers piss hot today for weed and coke out of one company. Must have been a helluva party.

https://instagram.com/p/6Sxb6GJThv/

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

Mustang posted:

How much influence does a PL have to try and stop their platoon from being hosed with to such an extent? I'm assuming not much as a 2LT but I'd like to keep the misery to a minimum if I can.

From my experience, a lot of it depends on your company commander. I watched as my PL friends in other companies with good commanders (who deflected a lot of bullshit from battalion and up) get away with a lot of stuff and did really good things with their platoons. My commander didn't give two fucks about anything other than his OER and drove the morale of the company into the ground.

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

Haven't been on here in a few months but I start terminal leave next Thursday! The Army can then officially suck my dick from the back.

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

Get my DD214 tomorrow. Holy poo poo. It's almost real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

It feels good to finally say lol at anyone still in the military. After getting my DD214 I went out to dinner with friends still in, and they told me that their battalion commander said that their side burns were at a 200 pt score level, and if they wanted to get them to a 300 pt score level they would have to cut them above their ear lobe. Who knew that when you reached field grade level that you would be forced to get a lobotomy.

• Locked thread