Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
gently caress ACAP. Declined their services, had to get my commander to sign their gay form, gave it back to them. Cleared ACAP.

gently caress ACAP right in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I was in TRADOC and a cav unit at the same time and it was pretty gay. The only dudes that had it gayer was the infantry battalion in our cav brigade because they got laughed at for all the dumb poo poo thay they doubled down on to prove they were super hooah, and no one took them seriously. It was pretty unfortunate for them.

LeoMarr posted:

a ranger unit on a tradoc post sounds like it would be a lot of AWOL and missing gear searches and thus pretty gay.

When I got my broke rear end kicked out, the last sexual assault figures had the ranger batt at the highest sexual assault figures on post, with ranger training battalion close behind. Which is terrible because it was nearly exclusively dude on dude so poor infantry Joe rolls up and gets his bum plumbed by his new ranger battles.

Gay indeed.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

psydude posted:

The NCOs have started to get mad at how informal I am. I've taken this to mean I'm behaving appropriately.

Correct.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
And ambien claims another victim.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

thetechnoloser posted:

Speaking of grossly incompetent, I have a CIF appointment during an installation training holiday tomorrow.

I know if I don't show they'll be there and I'll miss my CIF appointment.

I know if I do show, the door is gonna be locked and the windows will be dark.

It's Schrodingers-god-damned-appointment.

Can't wait to get rid of all this special gay Old Guard ceremonial stuff.

OHI forgot, a bunch of OLD AS gently caress WOODLAND STUFF has now turned into PCS: NO so I guess they want me to turn it in? But there's a ~ after OH QTY (so like AU QTY: 1 OH QTY: 1~). Googling leads me to believe that this may just be that it's no longer fielded and thus won't be turned in, but I'm bringing it what I can find of it, anyways. Better safe and overburdened than sorry.

If it's anything like my last CIFs the appointments don't really mean poo poo, except if you don't have one and they got people lining up out the door you are probably gonna get told to come back another day. After that if you gotta come back it's like "whenever we are open".

PCS: NO means yeah, you are gonna hand that poo poo in. On the plus side if it's like some old timers that were with me at the same time, you can hand those woodland shits in in any state as long as they as don't obviously smell like poo poo.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, get used to that.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Geirskogul posted:

But she's blaming meeeeeeee

Get used to that as well.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Those Nike ones are probably what you want, they are pretty sweet.

The oakley boots are probably the best all round boot for durability and comfort, they ended up being all the boots I had. You ain't rucking and poo poo though so I'd go with the nikes.

Another honorable mention if they still make them are the rocky s2v. poo poo is pretty nice.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hhahahahaah, holy poo poo, I thought my old command was the only one who had that stupid idea.

I told my platoon sergeant to tell whoever that idea came from to cram it, because my next stop will be IG and then JAG. Thankfully my platoon sergeant was pretty legit and just said "gently caress this" and relayed some kind of message up the chain. Never heard about it again.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Holy loving poo poo that is a loving amazing loving read.

Army resiliency office says "hey, everything's great!"

USA Today says "hey, we heard differently"

Army resiliency office says "nuh uh!"

USA Today gets the data and confronts them with it

Army resiliency office changes the thresholds of what makes a positive score. "see? Told you so!"

And then these dickheads pipe up and say

quote:

Retired vice admiral Norb Ryan, head of the Military Officers Association of America, and Joyce Raezer, executive of the National Military Family Association, said the results are not surprising. Fourteen years of war and recent decisions to downsize or cut funding for the military have left morale low, they said.

Meaning that fuckers still have no idea what the real problem is.

Army gonna army!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

SumYungGui posted:

That was the part that jumped out at me too but I guess I'm more cynical and attribute things to malice before stupidity. I figures they know pretty well how the lovely environment fucks everything up and just don't care, they wanted to make a political point about how someone else is responsible for their problem and they need more money as a fix.

I'm gonna put it down to political fuckery AND being oblivious dipshits. One of them was a retired navy dude with a fast track career so he was living the cush life most of his time in, the dick.

Hey, anyone remember a very similar article a while back, I ain't gonna search for it because I'm just gonna get mad, about the American Psychiatric Association commenting on the army resiliency program? It boiled down to "this is probably gonna help only people who have somehow developed no coping mechanisms through their life, and it's only gonna hurt people who have already developed them". And the army's response was "no, you're wrong, it totally works. Why? Because I said so."

Getting some deja vu up in this bitch.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mike-o posted:

Retarded Americans get even more retarded when a foreign person comes around and all they know about that country is vague cultural references and dumb stereotypes.

This is the fuckin' truth.

Cue Texans proclaiming how Texas is bigger than your home country no matter what country you are from.

No, fuckhead, 13 Texas' fit in my home country, look at loving globe for gently caress's sake.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
No, I have sisters.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

NTT posted:

Was just told I'm gonna get a written counseling for being late to 0800 formation by showing up at 0758

Apparently some E6 type that still wasn't even a squad leader insisted and my first line was just passing that info down

I'm not sure I've ever been negatively counseled lol

If you're not staying in, follow this quick easy guide to giving no fucks and giving someone else a stroke.

1/ Initial the box that says "I disagree with what this douchebag says"
2/ In the comments box write "can't be late if I'm not actually late"
3/ Go have a smoke.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Are you sure you just didn't take the drugs that's the reason they weren't found?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Nimmy posted:

Most want Finance and no one wants Infantry? What the hell? Is this common?

Who in their right mind would want to be responsible for a bunch of combat arms retards for garrison life?

My last company was pretty well behaved, relatively, but the CO was always getting called in late at night with all the other company commanders because some fuckhead got his rape / wife beat / DUI / child murder on. And if the BC got a call then the company commanders were coming in as well.

Having been in an infantry battalion specifically, and then had an infantry company attached to my last squadron, gently caress that noise. I wouldn't wish that poo poo on anyone.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Ohhhhh yeah. Except it's power lines.

SGMs lose their goddamn minds though, so it's basically a way of loving everyone in the area with lovely details and bullshit punishments for the next week after you're gone.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, that plaster that poo poo over everything. MCoE this, MCoE that. Pronounced Em-Koe.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
In comparison to that, mine was done and I got my orders to gently caress off in a little over 4 months I think it was.

Mine, however, was abnormally quick at the time, but they've been getting faster on average.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If you're in Camp Casey and happen to be in Crazy Company (whatever fuckin' unit they are in now, 1-72 or 2-9), the ajuma who runs the little sewing and cleaning place will bang pretty much anyone.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
As long as your med board has started, nothing stops that freight train.

If there's any grief, go talk to the... gently caress, I forgot their title. It's like your MEB coordinator or something like that. They can fix poo poo real quick.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Icon Of Sin posted:

PEBLO, I think.

That's the fucker.

I never had any troubles to call them up, but a buddy in another troop did and it turns out people jump loving to when they call. Or whoever they get to do the call.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
It will somehow end up all your fault.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Kiryen posted:

"But at least I can do it in the air conditioning and drink beer afterwards."

Sorry, we're all on GO1 now because *army reasonssssss*

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
To be fair, judging by those town meetings the last time most of those people saw a black man their parents owned them.

Must be a hard thing to reconcile

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
We were inspecting weapons for the scrubs going through ABOLC, and we kept knocking this guy's back because he just had the most amazingly blue eyes. Like he was wearing fluorescent contacts.

Anyway, that's my gay army story.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Barracks life only really hits super lovely levels when you've got some fuckwit playing tin can dictator up in that bitch.

Otherwise it's not the worst thing in the world.

Well, assuming you aren't in one of those barracks that are trying to kill you with tainted water, black mold, or rabies from the rodents roaming freely or the dogs that attack people in packs.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If anyone's proud of how much their life sucks/sucked, then they need psychiatric help as they are basically an abused child trying to rationalize what happened to them.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Out of combat arms, tankin's the best.

Your knees were probably toast any way you went though, so congrats on the limp.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mustang posted:

An armor captain I talked to told me that armor is the combat arms branch for guys that like to chill out, drink beer and play video games.

What exactly does armor do to your knees? My knees don't care much for rucking or taking a knee either.

That's true for tanks. Not true for scouts. Scouts are second only to infantry for contributing to making the army a miserable bunch of gently caress dumb.

I heard something about the vibration in tanks loving with your joints, something about the turbine that powers them or something. I don't know if that's true, but being stuck in cramped spaces for days at a stretch will give you fluid retention from hell, and then jumping out to go for a 20 mile ruck march while it feels like your knees are swimming in gravy is probably the single worst thing I have ever done to my body. Well, besides letting someone else drive but that's a different story.

Apparently it used to be mega chill until Chandler that cock sucker kept trying to out human being his faggoty self at every turn and wanted tankers to be infantry in garrison as well (along with every other MOS).

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mustang posted:

What are some of the more likely duty stations for armor officers? Have Germany, Alaska, Hawaii, Fort Lewis, Fort Carson for my top 5.

I don't think Germany has much heavy any more, but i could be wrong. Alaska, Hawaii and fort Lewis are Stryker ville I think. Carson has heavy.

Other likely spots are Hood, Riley, camp Casey in korea, and benning.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Soxorz posted:

So I'm finishing up the army's new flight paramedic training path and got orders to Fort Bliss and I have a few questions. How lovely is it at Bliss? I was at Fort Carson before which is my only point of reference for army bases, I mostly trail run/ drink/Auto/Rally cross. Also is Aviation as great as I have been hearing it is or is it just the same nonsense as a Cav unit?

Fort Carson is in the top 2 requested of army bases, and I don't think anyone has ever requested Bliss. I'm sure aviation has it's own dumb poo poo, but there's really nothing much more dumb than Cav. Arguably infantry, but heavy cav does field time better.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

White Chocolate posted:

My desire to go to ranger school is getting to be less and less the longer I am in and the closer I get to O3.

Edit: Also my general Army motivation. Maybe it will perk up in the Civil Affairs land I go to next.

Just remember, your schools can gently caress you pretty bad. If you've got airborne you can end up at Fort Bragg quicker than gently caress. Same with ranger. And air assault as well I think.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The worst are people who have been in first cav, and deployed with the 82nd.

Alllll motherfuckin' day, "back in FIRST CAV we did it this way" or "when I DEPLOYED WITH THE 82ND we did it this way" and then everyone just rolls their eyes and tries to think up any excuse to be elsewhere.

Without fail it was always the dumbest way to do anything.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Got the envelope, it's a sep packet like I thought. Bunch of forms to fill out, documentation, and a JAG contact. I'm relieved to get this done. It's the last thread I have to a period of my life where I was making terrible, terrible decisions.

Well done.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mustang posted:

It's official now, I'm going to be an armor officer. ABOLC looks pretty fun from the YouTube videos seen.

What are some schools I should try to get here at benning after ABOLC? I've heard good things about ARC from a couple of armor officers from 3rd ID.

You're gonna run into my old unit who runs support for ABOLC and ARC. Your fellow butter bar compatriots are going to be a massive loving pain in the balls, statistically, you will too.

Most of you are gonna be super hooah and nearly die from heat stroke because dumb.

Most of you are gonna be super hooah and say gently caress REST PLANS when you are planning your mounted ops. You will figure this out soon enough that you will make a rest plan.

Find the national guard guys because they are almost without fail the best dudes. Mainly because they're usually 1LTs and also had to get a real job and live like an adult without a spoon in their mouth which puts them at a huge advantage over the rest of you. Use the NG guys to make you look good.

There are no good schools on Benning that are available to officers. The ones that you can go to will only gently caress you in later assignments to lovely rear end posts doing lovely rear end jobs. Armor don't give a gently caress about ranger, airborne, air assault or any of that bullshit, it will only get you looked at favourably for getting thrown to the lovely units. My advice is either ride out your obligation and get out and get a real job or try to rebranch to something that's less retarded when you can.

As for anyone from 3ID go and have a look at their stupid loving sign out front of their footprint in Kelly Hill or whatever the gently caress it's called. If number of days without a DUI has hit double digits that'll be a shock. If the number of days without a fatal training accident have hit triple figures then you should go buy a lottery ticket. 3ID are dumber than gently caress and while you shouldn't listen to anyone in the military for any kind of real advice you really shouldn't listen to anyone from 3ID.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

benem posted:

When I went through a year and an half ago, there was a tank "museum" on sand hill run by a retired marine dude that some ABOLC snowbirds worked at for a while. Seemed mostly like cleaning out rusting old M60s in an empty lot, but they said it was a fun gig if you can make it out there and see if they need any help.

I can't remember if he managed it or not, but my old first sergeant may have ended up working there after he get QSP'd because he was, you know, fuckin' useful. And before that he was the one who was in charge of getting those old rear end tank(s?) up and ready for that screening of Fury when Brad Pitt and that other little cock sucker showed up for.

If you can get a detail out there and have him to talk to you've got a fuckin' story telling machine that will keep you entertained for months.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

IDK like a hundred years ago I went to basic we were just told to roll our socks and shirts. i've never heard it called that so its funny. I've been accused of RANGER ROLLING my hat but thats just because i'm not going to be a fag and have it starched and I smash it down, suck my dick I DO WHAT I WANT I"M A GROwn rear end MAN

Hahahaha, I used to work near enough to ranger training land that I used to see them at the gas station. Probably because there was an Arby's and poo poo there, but I got pulled up by some little ranger corporal that called me high speed sarcastically and said something about ranger rolling my hat. I called him gently caress face and told to drop his smarmy attitude, and if he could explain what ranger rolling my hat is so that I would never look like a pin dick cock sucker again that'd be great.

Then there was this blow up about corporal and NCOS and parade rest and respect so I said cool story and jumped in my car and drove off.

I still don't know what ranger rolling a hat is but it was confirmed that all corporals are loving idiots no matter what their job.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Never live on post.

If you like living dangerously (ie, don't live in mortal fear of black people), you can live pretty much anywhere.

Most soldiers will tell you that you shouldn't be living any closer than exit 8, because they live in mortal fear of black people. In saying that though, the housing gets nicer out at exit 8 and 10, and isn't a wretched hell hole if you don't mind the commute.

For comparison, twice I've had a crackhead wander up to my house looking to... buy crack I dunno and I threw them out into the street. That's over the space of 3 years. Out at exit 10 we had 3 soldiers in my company have their apartments end up with an extra hole or 2 thanks to stray drive by fire.

Welcome to Columbus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hhahahahahaha holy gently caress.

enlisted.txt

• Locked thread