Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Equine Don posted:

They need CA teams for this poo poo. Start passing out radios and blankets and poo poo, maybe hire some translators, idk.

Army and Texan are two different dialects of stupid, kind of hard to find a linguist fluent in both who can be understood by anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Mustang posted:

Flame resistant and also seems pretty good at repelling water, better than the material used for ACU's/OCP's anyway. They're comfortable as gently caress too, like wearing pajamas.

I didn't have the crotch in any pair last longer than a month. Which is fine when your're out there letting your dingle dangle in the dirt but it pretty quickly moved down to the rest of leg even on the ones that weren't too hosed up to be stitched back together. More than one guy had them tear down past the knees.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

What's up with the guy standing in the pool noodles?

Those are probably there to stop the garbage water from going down the drain, because why would you want waste water going down a drain? Or he's the guy who hosed up and has to watch everyone else unfuck his mess, so that everyone hates him and the problem never gets corrected.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Can't be worse than the artillery battalion that had some of the first friendly fire incidents. Remember kids, Challenge AND Pass...

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

psydude posted:

Does that stuff stop in peacetime? I feel like most people lose the giddy moto attitude after witnessing the stupidity and/or danger of an actual deployment to a combat zone.

Peacetime fosters this type of stupid. There's a whole bunch of leadership who's going to be glad the actual deployments are over so they can get back to the "real" military way of thinking and seeing how many people they can put on profile due to training fuckups, you know like it was when they first came in. We're never at war long enough to see every last idiot fragged.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

psydude posted:

I started typing an anecdote about this involving my company commander from Afghanistan, but it started to make me incredibly angry so I erased it.

I know the feeling. Most of the competent people I knew are out, dead or at the end of their career. Try to think of what Sherman the Lightbringer, Illuminator of Atlanta would do.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Naked Bear posted:

Really glad I'm not around for 24/7/365 gently caress-gently caress garrison Army.

I remember a peacetime Marine Corps. When war were declared we lost more people to drug pops than the guys who didn't want to re-up for violence because we all got stop loss'd.. I later wound up with the Army due to a poor decision making process that let me think working for the TSA would be an easy part time job while I work on college but that was somehow dumber and more homoerotic than peacetime Marine Corps, where we had a guy we called "The Gay from the Bay" cause he was from San Francisco and would stare at people in the shower.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Justin Tyme posted:

if anything that article showed there were massive systemic safety issues within the brigade to the point the commander needed a cutesy name for "stop being loving stupid" :psyduck:

I remember reading that article the first time and thinking at the start, "maybe there were warning signs or something..." and at the end hating the jackass who wrote it. Oh no, someone made him do his drat job, it was terrible. Just some idiot who hates his old boss because he made him do his drat job.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Ace of Baes posted:

Ive told this guy dead set on staying in the army about the nursing program and PA program and how he could at least make decent money wasting his life, today he told me he decided hes going to reclass to CI and then re-enlist for another 6 years to "get out and get a good job using his experience." :cripes:

Hope he likes working for OPM doing background checks because that convinced even my father, who's been a superpatriot since before I was conceived to quit working and retire. Instead of you know, finishing that drat book about being a drunk sailor/Navy CI in the 70's...

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

McNally posted:

Yeah, why not.

Feres vs United States says no.

Salt the earth. Army delenda est.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Vasudus posted:

redleg express yo

bring me my mail

gently caress you for making me remember the post invasion mail fuckery. Almost burned those containers down rather than wade through all the unprocessed poo poo those assholes just sat on for months.

Plus side of dismounting as arty, my gun section found the beer factory. Really gotta focus on the positives...

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

When she was 94
she re-enlisted to get hosed some more

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Mike-o posted:

Hell is singing cadence in the army, forever.

That's part of the verse for 99 I think...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

McNally posted:

For gently caress's sake.

Burn them all, hold their balls to the fire.

• Locked thread