Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

ASAPI posted:

We had some great guys from 1st Cav relieve us my last deployment.

You would think that they would like to have basic comms up and operational before we left. That way they could do things like call a MEDVAC and what not. They were still trying to get radios to work when we got back to the states...

Having been to Iraq with the Cav, I can safely tell you that this is pretty SOP for them. Their way or the highway, constantly. They were gloriously conceited and fed up on their own zealous reputation but poo poo like this still happened all the time.

Goddamn what an awesome unit that was. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
Our HBCT deployed under 25th ID so instead of coming home a Cav Sandwich I opted to wear the angry jalepeno combat patch. My command didn't like that but gently caress them. Then I had to go to a division change of command and they forced me to wear someone elses cav hat and a cav combat patch. :barf:

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

If you ain't Cav... :bahgawd:

You ain't poo poo. Which is a double negative. Guess the cav is poo poo. Surprise!

• Locked thread