Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Zeris posted:

As a former commissioned officer in the united states army I would just like to say im gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Androies posted:

Oh boy did he

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
facial friday

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Mustang posted:

First week of OCS down, it's not too bad, they keep you really loving busy usually though.

you're not in A Co because you're using a computer/phone during the first week.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Did you practice knocking on the door?

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Spicy Guacamole posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND KNOCK THREE TIMES LOUDLY ON THE DOOR. ITS THE SQUADRON CONFERENCE ROOM AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES LIKE MY PLATOON SERGEANT TOLD ME TO. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN MY BOOTS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY BECAME A NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE ORDERS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
lmao

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

psydude posted:

I think I have a PT test next weekend or something. But maybe not since I have to travel for work next week. I haven't taken one in over a year and a half due to deploying. Nor do I care.

if you can't wake up fat and hungover and pass an apft then lmao

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
They're not funny when your bc expects you to be their loving mother and accountant, keeping excel spreadsheets of every SSSSSS-S-S-S-S-S-S-oldier's income and expenses in your platoon. gently caress that.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

not caring here posted:

Hhahahahaah, holy poo poo, I thought my old command was the only one who had that stupid idea.

I told my platoon sergeant to tell whoever that idea came from to cram it, because my next stop will be IG and then JAG. Thankfully my platoon sergeant was pretty legit and just said "gently caress this" and relayed some kind of message up the chain. Never heard about it again.

I was 3 months from ETS or something so good job telling a PL who's fed up with this stupid army poo poo to do even more gay pointless poo poo. I just made up a bunch of bullshit, copy/pasted entire tabs (one for each soldier), and made sure that there were absolutely glaring addition/subtraction mistakes on many of the tabs just to see if anyone up the coc actually gave enough of a poo poo to check my work. Spoiler alert: they didn't.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
COL Dickshits: so, CPT Fucktard, have you figured out why the Army is having such resiliency issues?
CPT Fucktard: uh, yeah, sir. It's because of people and 'leaders' like you and your self-serving policies that only accomplish--
COL Dickshits: no, that's not it.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Spicy Guacamole posted:

It's good to be out.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

not caring here posted:

If you're not staying in, follow this quick easy guide to giving no fucks and giving someone else a stroke.

1/ Initial the box that says "I disagree with what this douchebag says"
2/ In the comments box write "can't be late if I'm not actually late"
3/ Go have a smoke.

Don't bitch out. Check the disagree box and write that or write "0758 comes before 0800. I learned this in kindergarten."

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Cole posted:

i'm out of the mil so i think your question about two bowls of poo poo is stupid

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

White Chocolate posted:

Larger ones I believe. Don't really take a sharpie to it but that would be hilarious.

I wore sharpie rank until I got rained on and found out.

But I was out of give a poo poo before I hit 1LT so choose your boat.

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
new uniforms? new boots? regulations that state that you can wear acu's until 2018? human being senior leaders that start sentences with "as leaders in the army..." and "add to" the regulation by requiring all e5 and above to wear whatever the new gay bullshit is by cob Thursday?

oh my schadenfreude. oh my!

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

White Chocolate posted:

Tell me what I should know about JRTC because I may be there for two rotations. One as XO one as the Commander back to back with 2 days in between

SumYungGui posted:

My schadenfreude boner can still get bigger.

ungggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Crazy Mike posted:

My obsession for now is to get my gold bar

I remember that feeling. The feeling of "once I get my gold the stupid bullshit will be OVER."

lmaoery

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Also lift with your knees. Every piece of equipment is pretty heavy and a bad back isn't fun.

Lift with your glutes and hips. Hip drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum

Mustang posted:

I've already had a West Pointer here at Benning tell some of us officer candidates that we're going to need to work hard at BOLC because we'll be going in at a disadvantage due to our merely 3 month long OCS course. How do I know this particular 2LT went to West Point? Because he made sure to tell us he went to West Point.

he's a dumbshit. bolc is so easy that it borders on physical pain. i'm talking ebolc where we had a guy fail because he didn't know you do the math in the parenthesis first. pemdas. god drat.

I never studied for poo poo and had to strain to pay attention in class at all and passed everything with no issues. The physical stuff is whatever. The leadership stuff is whatever if you can breathe and walk at the same time and if you can manage to tell somebody to do something and maintain eye contact. OCS was more difficult than bolc. an OPORD is not difficult nor is doing a squad mission where you execute a drill and just do what you're trained.

• Locked thread